Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Addressing The Media at 12:30 Today.

Started by hogcard1964, November 23, 2015, 08:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Seaton

Let the Chip Kelly sweepstakes begin ... LSU ... USC ... Miami ... The race is on.

onebadrubi

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 23, 2015, 01:35:05 pm
Exactly. I feel the same way but Chip is treading water in Philly and Chip in Baton Rouge would be dangerous.

Eagles MO is to let a coach ride it fully out.  He also is in the first year of making all of the decisions exclusively.  I am betting they give him one more year at this.  They also are in the pool of needing a QB.  Sam Bradford is as strong as a wet port potty piece of toilet paper.  This is one spot Chip couldn't fail at and he did so all bets are off after the season. 

If chip goes anywhere I hope it is USC and stays far away form us.  Lets not forget, Nike might have been just as important to Chip's success as Chip was to Oregon.  That being said USC can recruit or lure recruits just as well.

LLPL

Seems like the perfect fit for South Carolina. He is old and already had success before right? Yep, Gamecock lock.

onebadrubi

Quote from: LLPL on November 23, 2015, 01:58:23 pm
Seems like the perfect fit for South Carolina. He is old and already had success before right? Yep, Gamecock lock.

Haha sadly so true. 

Kevin

next week at this time, i figure les will have been bought out.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 23, 2015, 01:52:07 pm
Two years ago they signed the #5 QB in the nation. It's all working out for 'em.

Yep, fire Miles because some recruits don't pan out.

1. Russell
2. Flynn
3. Mettenberger

Yep, the guy has only had 3 QBs under him who played well enough to get into the NFL since 2005, he certainly can't recruit or develop the position.

LULZ

Jack The BN

I honestly think they need to take a look at Rick Laweson. He would be a really good fit for them, could really take them to the next level.

If I were LSU's AD I would look at Laweson, with Tim Duchamps as my solid #2
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

hoggusamoungus

In the fifty years since 1965, LSU has ten seasons of 10 wins or more.  Mike Archer had one, Saban two and Miles has seven. 

havok

Quote from: Philip Seaton on November 23, 2015, 01:55:40 pm
Let the Chip Kelly sweepstakes begin ... LSU ... USC ... Miami ... The race is on.

Don't forget..

It is also that time of the year, when Ark State will be looking for their next "1 and done" coach. They have become the 1 Year stepping stone, for coaches to get a Division 1 offer to coach. 

hogcard1964

Finebaum and Spears claim Miles is gone after next week's game.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 23, 2015, 12:59:42 pm
Miles should have taken the Michigan job a few years ago.  With his recruiting connections in the South, he could have got some blue chip talent from the South to go up there and he could have had Michigan in high level shape before Meyer got hired at Ohio State and before Dantonio got Michigan State to winning 10 + games.

Miles could have retired on his own terms at Michigan having restored Michigan's storied football tradition.

he burned those bridges

Lloyd Carr still carried the Bo Torch, and it was not going to happen

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Philip Seaton on November 23, 2015, 01:55:40 pm
Heard on the local radio here last week the Titans would love to get Chip and reunite him with Mariota. Even if he leaves Philly, it's not a guarantee he would come back to college
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GlassofSwine

Buying out Les at that price would be insane. This year team was always flawed. Their best win is probably Miss State at the beginning of the year. The beat Florida who almost lost to FAU and Vandy at home. They beat Auburn who had the wheels come off early in the season. The schedule was always back-loaded and their early wins were overrated.  I can't imagine having a legit shot at 8-9 win season, the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in the nation signed and paying 15 million to buy out the coach. That is insane.

jdelo77

Quote from: LLPL on November 23, 2015, 01:58:23 pm

I would be on the phone if I were South Carolinas AD ...

Boardon Hamsay

I'd love to see Les take Corso's place on Gameday. Twould be entertaining! I can see it now....

"As I put this head gear on my head, I believe it signifies not only who I think will come out on top today, but also who gets the win. And not just the win, but also the "w", which comes from finishing with more points than the opposition. If you don't have more points, it's hard to get a win, or a "w", or even come out on top, unless you're a cloud. Clouds are always on top. In fact, can I get a cloud instead of the head gear? Clouds are good in moderation. You get too many and you might miss the sunshine and the sunshine is good for grass, the field, and at the same time, the turf."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

scorekeeper

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 23, 2015, 03:29:27 pm
Buying out Les at that price would be insane. .... The schedule was always back-loaded and their early wins were overrated.  I can't imagine having a legit shot at 8-9 win season, the No. 1 ranked recruiting class in the nation signed and paying 15 million to buy out the coach. That is insane.
True buying Les out at that price would be crazy. The early wins were overrated but that was overlooked based off the work Fournette did. Most of us hog fans couldn't imagine an 8-9 win season with the No 1 ranked recruiting class on deck. If that happened for us the future would look bright.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Mike Irwin

It's all about being spoiled by success. LSU, & Alabama football fans along with Kentucky basketball fans are some of the most annoying people on the planet.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Aporkalypse Now on November 23, 2015, 01:43:34 pm
In case no one has noticed, LSU does have a commitment from the #3 QB in the nation in the 2016 class.

Who is making his second visit to Florida this weekend.

bp

Gbhog

This is absurd... LSu was #2 in the country and considered by many to be the front runner to win the NC... Les was done in by being drastically overrated.

Let's hope we can steal a 4 star or two out of their class when this thing goes through.

redeye

So funny that LSU thinks they can do better.  I believe Miles is the winningest coach in LSU history.  I know he has half of the 10-win seasons in their history and one of their national titles (only LSU coach to play in 2 NC games, also).

As Arkansas fans, we share some responsibility for beating LSU too soundly at home.  Guess we should have taken our foot off the peddle a little and made it closer.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Aporkalypse Now on November 23, 2015, 02:17:08 pm
Yep, fire Miles because some recruits don't pan out.

1. Russell
2. Flynn
3. Mettenberger

Yep, the guy has only had 3 QBs under him who played well enough to get into the NFL since 2005, he certainly can't recruit or develop the position.

LULZ

Russell and I believe Flynn were signed by Saban.  Russell was drafted based on one big season at LSU and his measurables.  He has turned out to be one of the all-time NFL busts.

On the other hand, he started the combination of Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee for four years.  FOUR YEARS.  Last year his QB was Anthony Jennings and this year it's Brandon Harris.  Are you kidding me?  Six different years out of the last eight Miles has played QBs of that caliber at a school as tradition rich and easy to recruit to as LSU?

He has one of the best backs in the country...if not the best...and he is being destroyed at or behind the line of scrimmage because every decent opponent stacks the box and dares them to throw.

His offensive philosophy will only work when he has an overwhelming talent advantage, and he hasn't since 2011.  If anything, it becomes less imaginative and worse as each season passes.  He must have had to sit and think for at least 2.3 seconds to figure out the "turn and pitch it straight back to the tailback so he can run it into the middle" beauty.

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 23, 2015, 03:43:28 pm
It's all about being spoiled by success. LSU, & Alabama football fans along with Kentucky basketball fans are some of the most annoying people on the planet.

Amen.

All this talk reminds me back in 2003 when Nebraska fired Frank Solich when he was 58-19 over six years as their head coach . LOL a seven win season after 3 consecutive double digit win seasons and they fired him, and they haven't recovered since, and neither would LSU if they fired Miles.

103-29 as LSU's head coach coming into this season. Only a moron thinks he's a bad coach. PERIOD.

Aporkalypse Now

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 23, 2015, 04:13:12 pm
Russell and I believe Flynn were signed by Saban.  Russell was drafted based on one big season at LSU and his measurables.  He has turned out to be one of the all-time NFL busts.

On the other hand, he started the combination of Jordan Jefferson and Jarret Lee for four years.  FOUR YEARS.  Last year his QB was Anthony Jennings and this year it's Brandon Harris.  Are you kidding me?  Six different years out of the last eight Miles has played QBs of that caliber at a school as tradition rich and easy to recruit to as LSU?

He has one of the best backs in the country...if not the best...and he is being destroyed at or behind the line of scrimmage because every decent opponent stacks the box and dares them to throw.

His offensive philosophy will only work when he has an overwhelming talent advantage, and he hasn't since 2011.  If anything, it becomes less imaginative and worse as each season passes.  He must have had to sit and think for at least 2.3 seconds to figure out the "turn and pitch it straight back to the tailback so he can run it into the middle" beauty.
Oh that's right, this is the first year we're seeing Miles coach without Saban's recruits , right? LOL

goneal

Miles will be done this weekend and Jimbo Fisher will be the next head coach at LSU.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

UAfanatic

Quote from: cc on November 23, 2015, 12:47:49 pm
Can you imagine BA or Dak with the talent they have WR plus the talent at RB?

They would have ruined them both, and not shown any confidence in letting them check out of plays.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 23, 2015, 01:23:36 pm
Would we want to see Chip Kelly coaching at LSU?

I personally feel Chip Kelly is not that great.

The Coach we better not want to see at LSU is Mike Leach.  Leach was winning 8 and 9 games during seasons out at Lubbock, TX (he won 11 games there in 2008).  Lubbock, TX is perhaps one of the most difficult places to recruit football players.

Just think what Leach could do down in talent rich Louisiana.

PorkSoda

November 23, 2015, 05:51:38 pm #177 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 06:38:06 pm by PorkSoda
Quote from: SemperHawg on November 23, 2015, 09:30:11 am
Dude he could walk right now and be a shoe in on any ESPN CFB show he wanted.  Make good money and take it easy for a while.  Hell can you imagine a College Gameday Segment with Miles and Spurrier?

and Hootie and holtz.

can you imagine trying to decipher that conversation?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackkid

If I were Les Miles, I'd take the $15 million and disappear for a couple years and have an agent to help me assembly a offensive staff for the future from the best high school programs in the nation and and when a "high caliber" job opens I'd make it known I want the job, but require that they schedule LSU every year so as to exact furious rage and revenge on all them corndog eat'en cajuns.

But then again, I'm not Les Miles.  Personally, I'd take the money and move to Alaska.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 23, 2015, 05:39:48 pm
I personally feel Chip Kelly is not that great.

The Coach we better not want to see at LSU is Mike Leach.  Leach was winning 8 and 9 games during seasons out at Lubbock, TX (he won 11 games there in 2008).  Lubbock, TX is perhaps one of the most difficult places to recruit football players.

Just think what Leach could do down in talent rich Louisiana.

Ha no way LSU hire Leach. 

Jack The BN

LSU needs to pull the trigger quickly if they want a shot at a decent replacement. I hear Duchamps is high on the list for USCe.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

GoHogs1091

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 06:09:17 pm
Ha no way LSU hire Leach. 

Leach won 84 games at Texas Tech over 10 seasons (an average of 8.4 wins per season).

With the talent he would have at LSU, he could possibly average 10 wins per season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 23, 2015, 06:10:53 pm
Leach won 84 games at Texas Tech over 10 seasons (an average of 8.4 wins per season).

With the talent he would have at LSU, he could possibly average 10 wins per season.
Did you figure that in your head?  How many would he have to win in five seasons to average 10 wins?

Boardon Hamsay

Maybe Gruden will wear a gold or purple tie tonight. If it's gold and purple, he's a done deal.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

micali

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on November 23, 2015, 03:35:23 pm
I'd love to see Les take Corso's place on Gameday. Twould be entertaining! I can see it now....

"As I put this head gear on my head, I believe it signifies not only who I think will come out on top today, but also who gets the win. And not just the win, but also the "w", which comes from finishing with more points than the opposition. If you don't have more points, it's hard to get a win, or a "w", or even come out on top, unless you're a cloud. Clouds are always on top. In fact, can I get a cloud instead of the head gear? Clouds are good in moderation. You get too many and you might miss the sunshine and the sunshine is good for grass, the field, and at the same time, the turf."
Awesome.  That reminds me of Frank Caliendo doing is impression of President Bush speaking. 

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

LRHawg

Quote from: Scarlett Johansson's Liberally and Amply Slathered Frito Pie on November 23, 2015, 03:35:23 pm

*slow clap*

GlassofSwine

Booger Mcfarlane was on the radio today adamant that LSU had to get rid of Miles and compared it to a marriage that needed to end in divorce. I hope they cut him, I think it will end badly for them. LSU is a good job but it's not Alabama, Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. You don't hear  talking about LSU being a dream job. They need to forget Jimbo Fisher, Mike Gundy, Dabo Sweeney, etc. Those guys are not leaving established jobs were they are winning and have an easier path to the playoff to come to LSU. I think LSU ends up with a guy like Pelini at best.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: goneal on November 23, 2015, 04:58:14 pm
Miles will be done this weekend and Jimbo Fisher will be the next head coach at LSU.

I've always been entertained by Les Miles and have had a healthy respect for LSU for sticking to their guns and keeping Les around.  He's a good coach.  Goofy as all get-out but a good coach.

If LSU were to hire that walleyed bastard Jimbo there would be a hatred for LSU that is surpassed only by Texas.  And I'm not too sure about that.  Jimbo is the debil.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

BPsTheMan

finally a done deal

GoHogs may be right - first word out of Baton Rouge is Mike Leach

Godspeed Les - we barely knew ye

onebadrubi

I don't give a rats shat.  Mike leach won't be coaching the bayou bengals not next year or the year after or EVER!!! 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 23, 2015, 08:21:37 pm
finally a done deal

I just don't see them wanting him anywhere near that program.

BPsTheMan

news broken by David Pollack

strange days indeed

Aporkalypse Now

So, you think LSU should fire a coach who IS averaging averaging 10 wins a season for a guy who you think possibly could do so? LOL

If LSU were not to win another game this season 7 wins would be his lowest total at LSU , PERIOD.

I don't know if I can think of another coach in the country who hasn't won at least 8 games each of the last 10 consecutive seasons who isn't named N Saban (and even he went 2-6 his first season at Bama, I discount that though due to the mess Alabama was when he took over)

Cinco de Hogo

Man i'm glad I waited til now to scan this thread!!!  After 4 pages you guys are still arguing the same thing you were before the news conference.  I am gonna promise myself something...I am not gonna spend a minute wondering about Miles future until LSU announces something.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on November 23, 2015, 08:21:37 pm
finally a done deal

Along with the obvious recruiting advantages, LSU also offers closer access to the ocean than Pullman, WA which aligns to Leach's affinity for pirates.  He'd also fit their need to get an offensive mind in there.  Hope it's just early smoke...

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 23, 2015, 08:29:43 pm
Man i'm glad I waited til now to scan this thread!!!  After 4 pages you guys are still arguing the same thing you were before the news conference.  I am gonna promise myself something...I am not gonna spend a minute wondering about Miles future until LSU announces something.

he gone bro

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 23, 2015, 03:43:28 pm

They are amateurs at annoyance compared to tejas or USCw and OU. Florida and TAMU are also in the upper range of arrogance.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgXi

So if leach could win 8/yr in lubbock & have the talent pool in baton rouge to win 10/yr, that would put leech at about the same winning % that lester's been running? Right?

BPsTheMan

Quote from: hawgXi on November 23, 2015, 08:43:37 pm
So if leach could win 8/yr in lubbock & have the talent pool in baton rouge to win 10/yr, that would put leech at about the same winning % that lester's been running? Right?