Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Addressing The Media at 12:30 Today.

Started by hogcard1964, November 23, 2015, 08:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

110-32....and you're getting fired???  WOW.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 23, 2015, 10:40:23 am
So....

2 pages and I havent see anyone answer-  is it unusual that he is meeting with the media at 12:30 on a Monday?

According to the SEC Network-yes.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 23, 2015, 12:05:44 pm
Why would Jimbo leave a basketball centric conference with multiple private colleges and academic snobs to come into the SECW?  It is a blood bath in terms of competition.  Clemson and FSU are finally living up to what they should be doing in that conference.
Fresh meat!

Atlhogfan1

Coaching changes happen due to more than record.  11 seasons is a long tenure for any coach and coaches tend to lose support no matter what with few exceptions especially in the current era of immediate gratification, social media and so much entertainment journalism focused on the sport.  LSU athletics may be in danger of losing some financial support including fan support if they don't make a change and spending the $15 million may save them in the long term. 

I just have a hard time being very critical of Les as an outsider considering the early NFL attrition and what they have had to replace yet they keep winning in the toughest conference.  But I also get it if they want to try something new.  I'm sure Saban's success including over Miles is contributing.  To beat Bama, it has usually taken dynamic qb play and an offense that spreads them out.  LSU has been the exception to that vs Bama until recently.  If they want to try the OM/A&M route, go ahead.  They just need to be aware that they may lose some of what has made them great.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2015, 12:16:42 pm
According to the SEC Network-yes.

He has a weekly Monday presser just like every one else.

Got Hootie waiting to jump like a duck on a june bug
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

bigdaddyhawg

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

atekido

Better hope they don't get someone who can coach up a QB or a monster will be born.

atekido

Quote from: SouthSide Johnny on November 23, 2015, 12:23:36 pm
He has a weekly Monday presser just like every one else.

Got Hootie waiting to jump like a duck on a june bug

ESPN is also reporting its going to happen.  Boosters have agreed to pay the 15 mil.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on November 23, 2015, 12:29:54 pm
Yep.  Amazing to me, too.

.500 in the SEC L3 years... they think they're better than that, and probably are

PonderinHog

Well, it's 12:34.  Is he gone yet ???  No rush...

The Kig

Whatever happens with Les and LSU will happen regardless of the high number job openings in any given year.  The pool of candidates that an LSU will pull from is completely different than any current job with the possible exception of USC-W.  Even there where the stature of the job is similar, I don't think USC-W has the same short list. 

Edit:  I hope he stays. Having him there is like letting my wife drive my 650... the car gets driven, but no chance of ever having its performance capabilities tested.
Poker Porker

hogcard1964

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 23, 2015, 12:34:01 pm

Sounds like he hasn't arrived yet.

ricepig

You can watch it on SEC Network+, if he ever shows up.......

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: atekido on November 23, 2015, 12:33:32 pm
ESPN is also reporting its going to happen.  Boosters have agreed to pay the 15 mil.

I think the quote is "Source: 'Good possibility' that LSU buys out Les Miles' contract" not the same

DoctorSusscrofa

I hope he resigns today and becomes a consultant specializing in helping teams beat LSU.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

onebadrubi

ESPN is finally picking up on our thought process.  Lets see what their research comes up with outside of Fulmer.

hogcard1964

cgodsey

Special thanks to the media that hyped this "press conference". RIDICULOUS!

ricepig

No change, plans on staying, the future is after the aTm game.

hogcard1964

code red

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on November 23, 2015, 12:33:48 pm
.500 in the SEC L3 years... they think they're better than that, and probably are
Your recruiting like he does.  You're going to break through eventually.  Get a QB coach......throw a bunch of money out there and fix it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

SouthSide Johnny

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 12:39:45 pm
Your recruiting like he does.  You're going to break through eventually.  Get a QB coach......throw a bunch of money out there and fix it.

Thinking the biggest problem is getting a legit SEC QB, Dak Prescott is from Haughton High School Louisiana.. LSU last I saw loses mores early out to the NFL than others.

onebadrubi

Quote from: cgodsey on November 23, 2015, 12:38:52 pm
Special thanks to the media that hyped this "press conference". RIDICULOUS!

I told you in like the 3rd post.  ESPN saw a topic that would drive interest and attention.  no suprise, that being said he may still be fired but it wasn't going to be IN HIS weekly press conference.

Keep in mind what just happened last week in the saints press conference.  Coach gets up and is asked about DC fired he plays it off surprised and denies it has even been discussed and couple hours later he is gone.

cc

Quote from: code red on November 23, 2015, 12:39:45 pm

They are very young this year especially on defense.  Yes pay someone 1.5 - 2 mil as oc and qb coach if you have to.  Can you imagine BA or Dak with the talent they have WR plus the talent at RB?

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 12:42:25 pm
I told you in like the 3rd post.  ESPN saw a topic that would drive interest and attention.  no suprise, that being said he may still be fired but it wasn't going to be IN HIS weekly press conference.

Keep in mind what just happened last week in the saints press conference.  Coach gets up and is asked about DC fired he plays it off surprised and denies it has even been discussed and couple hours later he is gone.

Cool Story There,   ::)

welchog

"If we were competing for a national championship this year, well then, we wouldn't be having this conversation," the source said.

Utter arrogance and stupidity.

welchog

Quote from: cc on November 23, 2015, 12:47:49 pm
Can you imagine BA or Dak with the talent they have WR plus the talent at RB?

I don't understand it.  Do they not have QBs in LA?  How can they year after year wiff on this?  For the record, I hope they keep wiffing.

GoHogs1091

Miles should have taken the Michigan job a few years ago.  With his recruiting connections in the South, he could have got some blue chip talent from the South to go up there and he could have had Michigan in high level shape before Meyer got hired at Ohio State and before Dantonio got Michigan State to winning 10 + games.

Miles could have retired on his own terms at Michigan having restored Michigan's storied football tradition.

cypert2

Quote from: atekido on November 23, 2015, 12:32:21 pm
Better hope they don't get someone who can coach up a QB or a monster will be born.
Yep. I wish he'd stick around.
Swinging on the two and the four.

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: welchog on November 23, 2015, 12:57:11 pm
I don't understand it.  Do they not have QBs in LA?  How can they year after year wiff on this?  For the record, I hope they keep wiffing.

Apparently the Good ones go somewhere else, USC, MIss State, OU .etc

clutch

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 23, 2015, 12:39:24 pm
He actually comes off as a nice person.

He actually is a really nice guy. I've been around him a few times and it was always a fun time. Really down to earth.

onebadrubi

Quote from: welchog on November 23, 2015, 12:57:11 pm

The next Mack Brown.  Brown refused to recruit some QB's from texas that went on to dominate the college game.  Miles while not whiffing on the instate talent at QB like Brown, he is purely whiffing at the QB position at all. 

Nick Saban recruited Matt FLynn.  That is all Miles need to run havoc in the college football playoffs. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: SouthSide Johnny on November 23, 2015, 12:36:43 pm
I think the quote is "Source: 'Good possibility' that LSU buys out Les Miles' contract" not the same
And this is part of the problem with message boards...people cannot even quote media correctly.  Thanks for correcting it but I am sure that will be ignored.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RazorPiggie

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 23, 2015, 01:13:37 pm
And this is part of the problem with message boards...people cannot even quote media correctly.  Thanks for correcting it but I am sure that will be ignored.

Some like the "I called that ..." attention, look at me stuff, like Gober above, yes there is a "show posts" button, exactly what you Didn't post...

scorekeeper

Would we want to see Chip Kelly coaching at LSU?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Hogarusa

Well that was a fun 3 pages for just a usual ho hum 12:30 conference at LSU
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

onebadrubi

Quote from: scorekeeper on November 23, 2015, 01:23:36 pm
Would we want to see Chip Kelly coaching at LSU?

No, no, and no.  DId I say HECK no?

hobhog

Bottom line: he is a lame duck coach. Half the fans have turned on him. Bad for tiggers, good for us!

hogmolar

Presser was much like LSU seasons to their fans.  Big Hype leading to a huge let down when nothing happened.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Danny J on November 23, 2015, 11:31:47 am
Miles' biggest mistake?

No, his biggest mistake is going into season after season without a QB who can function in anything more than the most elementary of passing games.

Actually, I guess that's not a "mistake".  Since he has done it basically every year it's obviously what he wants.  He should be fired for that if nothing else because you can't fix stupid.

scorekeeper

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 23, 2015, 01:25:38 pm
Why would we want to see that?
Well we should want Les to stay because if he leaves LSU is the big job and all they are missing is a coach. They already recruit on a high level.

scorekeeper

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 01:27:02 pm
No, no, and no.  DId I say HECK no?
Exactly. I feel the same way but Chip is treading water in Philly and Chip in Baton Rouge would be dangerous.

Atlhogfan1

Kelly or most any coach should do well in the sort term at LSU.  With the athletes they get especially at the skill positions, their offense could become scary.  But what would that do to the rest of the team or the advantages LSU has over most?  They aren't a program that needs to go to a system that is better suited for programs who can't build complete teams and needs to take the game away from the line of scrimmage.  Bama tried to hire RichRod and were fortunate they didn't as they didn't go soft.  Michigan made that mistake and has now gone back to what they should be.  Better qb play and balance on offense is needed at LSU as well as replenishing the talent on defense lost to recent NFL drafts.  I would say they should replace Cam with a new OC and QB coach.  But 11 years is maybe long enough for both sides. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Aporkalypse Now

In case no one has noticed, LSU does have a commitment from the #3 QB in the nation in the 2016 class.

scorekeeper

Quote from: Aporkalypse Now on November 23, 2015, 01:43:34 pm
In case no one has noticed, LSU does have a commitment from the #3 QB in the nation in the 2016 class.

Two years ago they signed the #5 QB in the nation. It's all working out for 'em.