Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BB says he will fix FG

Started by Hawgphish, November 22, 2015, 06:16:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

Allow me to fix the FG protection.  Everyone block their inside gap 100% of the time.  INSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Done.

ARtillahog

Yep! Coaching decisions aside, Volzke missed his block and pending an accurate field goal the Hogs win.

Kevin

Why does it need to be fixed. That was game 11 of the season.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgphish

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on November 22, 2015, 06:29:15 am

So you would just leave it as it is? You never fix anything at work that doesn't function as well as you wish?

wupigsuey

Quote from: Kevin on November 22, 2015, 06:29:15 am

I doubt 46 has been coached to let his man go on a last second FG to win the game.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 22, 2015, 06:18:24 am
Yep! Coaching decisions aside, Volzke missed his block and pending an accurate field goal the Hogs win.
^^^^^^^^^

This, 100 times! Volztke flat out whiffed, and, the rest of the OL got pretty well blown up as well. That blocked FG was not on Hedlund, and was not even on the coaches, in the final analysis. I am pretty confident the coaches have coached the players over and over and over again... "Don't let a rusher inside you on FGs or punts or whatever! That was a failure to execute, pure and simple.

10thPlanet

It's an alignment problem fellas. BB knows it. I am sure he spotted it in the first frame of film.

Kevin

Tha is a first game of the year problem not 11th game of the year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Kevin on November 22, 2015, 06:50:11 am
Stop crying you sound like a baby. You know what everybody means.

Kevin

Figures when you have nothing to say you insult.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: Kevin on November 22, 2015, 06:50:11 am
What would be an example of an acceptable11th game problem, in your mind?
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

ricepig

Quote from: SoonerSooie on November 22, 2015, 06:33:49 am
^^^^^^^^^

This, 100 times! Volztke flat out whiffed, and, the rest of the OL got pretty well blown up as well. That blocked FG was not on Hedlund, and was not even on the coaches, in the final analysis. I am pretty confident the coaches have coached the players over and over and over again... "Don't let a rusher inside you on FGs or punts or whatever! That was a failure to execute, pure and simple.

Can't be correct, all the know it all's on here who have crucified BA for 3 years wanted him to pass on every down. You can't ever win, even on those times you do win with that group. It's pretty simple, if you can't execute a 29yd FG, you don't deserve to win.

Kevin

scheming issues. Not technique issues.   Guy made a bad play. There were lots of them

I would think there is not much scheming to run a proper fg attempt

Kevin

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on November 22, 2015, 07:17:42 am
Too late.

even if he'd made the kick, Zack woulda had enough time to drive up and down the field 15 times against our pathetic defense.

Totally agree that is why I wanted them to stay aggressive offensively

Horthawg

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on November 22, 2015, 07:17:42 am
Too late.

even if he'd made the kick, Zack woulda had enough time to drive up and down the field 15 times against our pathetic defense.
Exactly. The defense has been and continues to be the biggest problem all year.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

Pig In The City

Quote from: Horthawg on November 22, 2015, 07:27:36 am
Exactly. The defense has been and continues to be the biggest problem all year.
Yep, not much else needs to be said. You put a defense like that on the field then you should be very lucky to be attempting a game winning FG!

Pig In The City

what he needs to fix is the defense.

Kevin

Hawgphish

HardCore

Quote from: Pig In The City on November 22, 2015, 07:46:50 am
what he needs to fix is the defense.

Needs to fix situational play calling as well
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

mitchforheisman

Quote from: ARtillahog on November 22, 2015, 06:18:24 am

Even hitting that field goal, they would have had 40 seconds to torch our D and kick their own field goal to win. It comes back to the D being young and not having the talent there...yet.

buldozer

He needs to fix more than the field goal unit..... also try:

1) Invent a defense
2) Keep comments about giving someone a whoopin and other mouthy comments to himself
3) Don't go for a TD on 4&1
4) Recruit more to defense rather than concentrate all efforts on the offensive line
5) Investigate why a dozen players have broken bones and another dozen are walking wounded, nutrition should be investigated and blood workup on all players to find out whats going on

This is a short list for start.....

Hogsmo Kramer

The FG kicking has needed to be fixed all year and hasn't been so I got no confidence he will indeed fix it.

Our protection there is horrible and our kicker is horrible perpetually kicking low or flat out missing em.

It's atrocious and absolutely ridiculous at this level of football to have a FG unit that is completely useless.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

BassinHawg

Just a bit late CBB! Fix the Defense while you are at it!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Dionysos25

I think passing into the end zone on a 1 yd 4th down conversion was what flipped the table. We score there, and we're not talking about a field goal.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Dionysos25

Quote from: buldozer on November 22, 2015, 09:09:43 am

1) Invent a defense
2) Keep comments about giving someone a whoopin and other mouthy comments to himself
4) Recruit more to defense rather than concentrate all efforts on the offensive line
5) Investigate why a dozen players have broken bones and another dozen are walking wounded, nutrition should be investigated and blood workup on all players to find out whats going on

This. Like.. all of this.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

Bacon_Bitz

DeltaBoy

Coach should have fixed it in August, fixing it now is a day late and a Win Short.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Breems

I have a fix. No more FGs in the clutch. We're safer with Allen throwing into triple coverage on 4th and 20.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

scruf

Missed FG is on the player not the coach this time. BB is trying to deflect the blame away from the player, which I admire, but him saying that he will fix it could also mean, "I will put a different player in there."

JaketheSnake

There's so much inaccuracy in this post.

1) Invent a defense

atekido

Saban and Alabama had worse kicking issues than what we are dealing with back in the tiffin era.

Mr. Porkleone

Blocking should be taught in 2 a days. That MSU player walked right in.

WorfHog

He said they work on it every practice...wow

woodhog14

Quote from: SoonerSooie on November 22, 2015, 06:33:49 am
^^^^^^^^^

It was some on Hedlund. Look how low the kick was:

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

The problem is even with a made FG, MSU was gonna score on us again with 45 seconds left. We gave up the game when we decided to play for the FG and not the TD.

Doubt they work on it every practice.  If they do, then the teachers are not getting through to the students.  This staff is bad at concluding certain players are not getting it only to have to play them due to injuries and finding out they do and did get it.  I've heard crappy WRs for 3 years only to find out if given an opportunity, they are actually pretty good.  An don't give me the horse manure that they finally came around.  They were finally played due to no other choice and only then did this staff realize some of them were pretty damn good. 

The failure on the field goal was a pitiful situation last night but even if we made the FG, Dak would have had 40 seconds to go from 40 to 60 yards to kick a field goal and win anyway.  I just believe the decision to go for a field goal with our D faltering at every opportunity was flawed.  We should have tried to make the first down and only kicked as the only reasonable choice.  Keep going for the TD as the expected choice as long as you can and then SETTLE for a field goal try.  DO NOT SET UP FOR A FIELD GOAL AS FIRST CHOICE.

onebadrubi

Quote from: woodhog14 on November 22, 2015, 11:20:13 am
It was some on Hedlund. Look how low the kick was:

That easily clears the hands in the air at the line given no free rusher up the middle

woodhog14

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 22, 2015, 11:32:15 am
That easily clears the hands in the air at the line given no free rusher up the middle

OK

Fatty McGee

Quote from: WorfHog on November 22, 2015, 11:13:16 am
He said they work on it every practice...wow

Well, I believe Miss State has practices, and I think they give scholarships, so it may be that sometimes their scholarship, practicing, athletes make great plays.  Not every bad thing that happens is someone on Arkansas' sideline fault. Sometimes a guy just makes a great play for the other team.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Redhogs

1) Invent a defense

Post of the day...at least we're done with hearing everything bad that happens is Bobby's fault....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

hogs25

Steve Little wouldn't have made that kick.  MSU defender was 10 feet passed the LOS.  A kicker only has 21 feet from line to the tee.  Not sure we would've won anyway considering Daks had 40 seconds to get in FG range which he would've done in 20 seconds.  We all knew when Sprinkle scored it was too damn early.  Might've been the only time I ever cussed out the TV when the Hogs score a late go ahead TD.  Fix the D while you're at it. 

rzrbackrob

BB is a good coach

Brings up the saying:

Good is the enemy of great

Good is the enemy of great

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 22, 2015, 11:35:27 am
Well, I believe Miss State has practices, and I think they give scholarships, so it may be that sometimes their scholarship, practicing, athletes make great plays.  Not every bad thing that happens is someone on Arkansas' sideline fault. Sometimes a guy just makes a great play for the other team.

You speak too much truth here.

Danny J

Quote from: Kevin on November 22, 2015, 07:18:58 am
Totally agree that is why I wanted them to stay aggressive offensively
Agreed....

Simple question to people who liked the decision to go conservative: You trust our FG unit over our offense in that situation? What exactly about our FG unit inspired confidence? I can name 7 things about our offense that inspired confidence....touchdowns.

PS...I don't care what some mythical scripted rule book says or what the Denver Broncos would do in that situation. The game is fluid and every team is different which goes back to my question above....why do you trust our FG unit more than our offense in that situation?

hogman64

Quote from: Danny J on November 22, 2015, 01:00:19 pm
Agreed....

Simple question to people who liked the decision to go conservative: You trust our FG unit over our offense in that situation? What exactly about our FG unit inspired confidence? I can name 7 things about our offense that inspired confidence....touchdowns.

PS...I don't care what some mythical scripted rule book says or what the Denver Broncos would do in that situation. The game is fluid and every team is different which goes back to my question above....why do you trust our FG unit more than our offense in that situation?

that is the third game changing block in the last three years , there is no reason to trust them... doesn't even need to be discussed.......it isn't just #46 missing a block, the entire unit blockers  to kicker has not been dependable in two years...

Hog N Bama

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 22, 2015, 06:34:38 am
It's an alignment problem fellas. BB knows it. I am sure he spotted it in the first frame of film.
The fact that its a problem at all at this point in the season is A PROBLEM!

hawgfan4life

Irony:

Throwing on 4th and 1 when nobody expected a pass was a bad decision because he shouldn't throw in that situation.  Not throwing from virtually PAT distance was a bad decision because QB was hot. 

Scoring 7 TD gave you confidence we could score throwing the ball but 7 perfect PATs gave no confidence we could kick the FG from 9 yards farther out.

Somehow, a defense that couldn't stop MIss State at all was going to have a better chance if Miss State had timeouts to work with and the same or more time.

sickboy

There is not a denser, more qualified, less accomplished pool of coaches in the world than exists on Hogville after loses.