Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the record, I will be rooting for Dre Greenlaw for life

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, September 05, 2015, 11:57:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Don't know if any of you saw the special on him last night or already knew about his childhood, but this young man has my support and well wishes.  Good luck Dre!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Porked Tongue

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/the-dre-greenlaw-story-faith-and-determination

There is nothing fake about him.  Genuine as heck.

Easy to like and I have no doubt his impact at the UA will be tremendous.

Hawgey-Davidson

Looking forward to watching this young mans success. Uncommon for sure!!

Hogsmo Kramer

Seems like an awesome, mature young man and very well spoken for his age.

Glad to have him as a hog and really makes me appreciate everything I had growing up as a kid and what my children have now.

So important to give back so that kids like him don't slip through the cracks and have the opportunity to be successful like I know he will be.

WPS Dre!!!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Tusks

On top of that, he's a player, baller, a gamer. He's got a chance to make it to the next level someday.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hog N Bama

I did, first thing this morning. Got a little watery eyed. Good kid and we are lucky to have him!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Very good story.  Sounds like this kid is going to make the most out of his opportunities, he hasn't had many in his early life.  He says he doesn't want to be a failure.  My guess is, he won't be.  I'll be rooting for him to be a success...but it appears he already is.    :razorback: :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Birminghog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 05, 2015, 11:57:33 am
Don't know if any of you saw the special on him last night or already knew about his childhood, but this young man has my support and well wishes.  Good luck Dre!

Exactly my thoughts when I saw the clip yesterday. Thanks for putting this out there.

Vantage 8 dude

Just another #Uncommon member of the Arkansas Razorback football team (yawn). :) :D ;D :P

DeltaHog66

An amazing story.  Hope for nothing but continued success for this young man.

FANONTHEHILL

My son has been a teammate of Dre's since  the 10th grade at Fayetteville.  Dre is an exceptional young man. Leader on and off the field.  My son walked on and is redshirting no this year, but tells me the leadership Dre showed at FHS has carried over to the Hill.  He's not mouthy, he just does his job and does it very well.  He's got a great future ahead of him.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: jbcarol on November 16, 2015, 10:50:22 am
SEC Sports ‏@SEC 19m19 minutes ago

Led in tackles for the 5th time this season (12) + 1 forced fumble.

Freshman of the Week: DRE GREENLAW.  #SECHonors

SEC Sports ‏@SEC 15m15 minutes ago

Week 11 #SECHonors
• Derrick Henry
• Oren Burks
• Isaiah McKenzie
• Dre Greenlaw
• Dan Skipper
• Jonathan Allen
http://bit.ly/SECPOTWWk12

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 05, 2015, 12:00:00 pm
http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/the-dre-greenlaw-story-faith-and-determination

There is nothing fake about him.  Genuine as heck.

Easy to like and I have no doubt his impact at the UA will be tremendous.

I had not read that about him.  I honestly got something stuck in my eye a bit while reading that article.  I'm so proud for him.  What a fantastic story.  #uncommon

Paul

I knew a little about his past but just seeing & hearing him interviewed after the game Sat made me a big fan of the young man.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 07, 2015, 10:46:29 pm
My son has been a teammate of Dre's since  the 10th grade at Fayetteville.  Dre is an exceptional young man. Leader on and off the field.  My son walked on and is redshirting no this year, but tells me the leadership Dre showed at FHS has carried over to the Hill.  He's not mouthy, he just does his job and does it very well.  He's got a great future ahead of him.

Nice. Good insight. Thanks for posting this. As the season has gone on, we've seen Dre getting better and better. Against LSU, talking about hitting your stride! Looking forward to his long Hog future.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Bielema said ESPN was on campus doing a special on him today.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2015, 01:10:50 pm
Bielema said ESPN was on campus doing a special on him today.
That's great.  Need more spotlights on great young men like Dre instead of the punks.

micali

His story could make a great movie. Great for him and his success.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: micali on November 16, 2015, 02:21:32 pm
His story could make a great movie. Great for him and his success.

Laying Down The Law:  The Dre Greenlaw Story

Misty Mountain Hog

I have to admit, that brought a tear to my eye. Congrats to Dre for perservering. There is no telling what he can accomplish in life. Glad to see guys like this on the hill.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 05, 2015, 12:09:49 pm
Thanks for posting that link... great story. 

My wife has worked with kids like this for years, and you can't help but get attached to many of them when you learn what they're going through.

So much of the daily norm many of us take for granted every day... that kids in those situations can only dream about.
A fantastic and inspiring story indeed! Dre is the personification of one thing my father has always taught: The measure of a man's life is not merely determined by what he's achieved; rather, it is truly gauged by what obstacles he's had to overcome to reach his goals and dreams. Dre is the perfect example of why no one should ever be cast as not being in a position to succeed. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Watched the special on Dre just now.  Love that kid. 

Big Boi

Thx for sharing!I had no idea. He was already one of my favorite young Hogs now he is #1.

M L (bassplayer)

HogimusMaximus

immahog

o man when he stopped and got choked up   whew my eyes started to sweat just a little ..I will always be a fan of big play dre
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

BadHog

Me too. Just saw it.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

hogmolar

Here is something that is taking place in our state that is changing lives just like Dre's.  Check it out

www.thecallinarkansas.org/

rmcchris

Hogmeier

kaki

Hopefully it does not get overlooked that in addition to all the Early's did for Dre, Brian who coaches for ASU and where Dre was committed before Arkansas did not make it difficult for Dre to chase his dream to be a Razorback.  Brian took some heat from some of the ASU fandom, yet stood 100 percent behind what was best for Dre, not him.  I believe him to be an exceptional man and hope for success and happiness for his family, similar to what Dre is experiencing.

HawgWild

Quote from: kaki on November 25, 2015, 01:26:37 pm
Hopefully it does not get overlooked that in addition to all the Early's did for Dre, Brian who coaches for ASU and where Dre was committed before Arkansas did not make it difficult for Dre to chase his dream to be a Razorback.  Brian took some heat from some of the ASU fandom, yet stood 100 percent behind what was best for Dre, not him.  I believe him to be an exceptional man and hope for success and happiness for his family, similar to what Dre is experiencing.

Heart warming story and this says a lot a lot too.

Hogeration

3 star recruit that may turn out to be a freaking 6 star player.