Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Arkansas Football LOIs (24)

Started by Tomhog™, July 21, 2013, 09:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on September 25, 2014, 09:07:49 am
All the sites will have to correct their database. He is still listed as a 2014 prospect since he graduated this year.  He signed with UNC but was denied admission to the school.  He is fully eligible at Arkansas and will enroll in January.  A very nice pick up!

Supposedly the services won't re-rank a kid that's been out of football.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dropkick

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Tomhog™ on October 26, 2014, 02:28:10 pm
LaMichael has a 5* list of offers.  I'll take 3* like these all day!
Yes he does. I'm impressed with the overall list of offers this squad has. We're doing well.

hawgbawb

It is sad that Little Rock produced nothing for the Hogs. Zilch.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Dropkick

Tim Harris

Arkansas WR

Our WR recruits look so good. I just rewatched the highlights of all 3 of the players. I am excited about our receiving core next year. We have a lot of talent coming in.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Arkansas WR on November 18, 2014, 02:12:27 pm
Our WR recruits look so good. I just rewatched the highlights of all 3 of the players. I am excited about our receiving core next year. We have a lot of talent coming in.

And if Reed is able to show he will qualify and the coaches firm up their offer to him, it will be an unbelievable WR class.

VirginiaHog

MichaelPent

think the Sycs had three on that list - how do they recruit with their crappy facilities?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 04, 2014, 01:48:58 pm
And it was a NICE bump at that.  Went straight up to an 89 grade.  Tied for the highest rating in the class from this service.

If Rivals gave Zach Rogers the same rating that Scout does, we would have another 4 star on our list.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

These are some fine looking young FB players.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

jgphillips3

hogzilla3

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 11, 2015, 04:08:15 pm
#19 in the fold.  6 more spots to go!

Maybe 7. RD alluded to 8 spots being available prior to this commit. Not sure where the "extra" spot is coming from, but I will trust RD's word on this one.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Snoutmaster

Thanks for keeping up with this list, it's super helpful

DeltaBoy

Well the Staff is set so it time to start drawing the net in.

Dropkick

Tim Harris

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: hawgbawb on October 27, 2014, 11:58:28 am
It is sad that Little Rock produced nothing for the Hogs. Zilch.

So the population density is there.  There's enough kids.  There has to be some natural talent....is it the coaching? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on January 27, 2015, 07:27:18 am
So the population density is there.  There's enough kids.  There has to be some natural talent....is it the coaching? 

Judge Henry Woods.

HogCard

That is one heck of a list.  So happy to see offer lists that don't include Louisiana Monroe, Alabama State, etc.

longpig

Let's just say sports doesn't have priority in most Little Rock high schools.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Coaching, facilities, and easier to make a few bucks selling dope!
Let's make some waves.

OldCoot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 31, 2013, 09:31:57 am
Solid foundation for the 2015 class.

Agree. Really like the focus on defense and big O's, instead of 15 WR's.  Big, solid, foundation!

texas tush hog

Quote from: longpig on January 30, 2015, 01:59:20 pm
Let's just say sports doesn't have priority in most Little Rock high schools.

Academics either apparently

hoglady

Little Rock athletic departments are not funded very well and the facilities are crap.
I don't believe they have an athletic period during school.
Not sure - but I think unlike NWA the coaches actually have to teach classes.
Kids are scattered all over creation - not sure whether transportation is provided after practice - if it is some of the kids probably don't get home until after 7 or 8 o'clock. For a lot of families that just doesn't work.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

I don't think some of you realize the millions and millions of dollars the LR School District had to spend for decades defending itself against the Federal government, the Joshua interveners and John Walker.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

OldCoot

Quote from: hoglady on February 01, 2015, 06:52:16 pm
I don't think some of you realize the millions and millions of dollars the LR School District had to spend for decades defending itself against the Federal government, the Joshua interveners and John Walker.

What about the millions and millions they got from the state of Arkansas during that very same period?  That ended this year.

hoglady

Quote from: OldCoot on February 01, 2015, 08:44:12 pm
What about the millions and millions they got from the state of Arkansas during that very same period?  That ended this year.

Are you saying the state covered all the expenses involved in those lawsuits?

OldCoot

I am saying the State gave the LRSD over a billion dollars since 1989 from the desegregation lawsuit, so I dont think your last statement is valid.

I will agree with you completely on your earlier statement about the state of football in LR.

I think the main problem with central Arkansas football is that the priorities of the young men have changed drastically in the past 20 years.  They have so many outside influences, they cant or don't want to go through all of the processes to play football.  It is hard to study to keep your grades up when you have people around you who are dying and fighting, and your family members are heavily influenced by the drug culture.

I will rant a little now but I used to think everyone had a chance to make their life what they want, everyone starts out equal and can choose to work and make something good out of their life, or be lazy and stay on public assistance.  I no longer think that is correct.  A lot of these young people don't even get a fair chance.  They have no one that is pushing them to get good grades and go to college, their entire worldview is just trying to survive.

LRrazorback

Any word on the visitors from this weekend?  New commits?

GTOWNHOG

I predict that we will have a 2015 recruiting class that meets our needs.  We are on our way!!!   Success breeds success and this class will add depth to the last two classes that Coach B has signed.   WPS and GO HOGS!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

DeltaBoy

LOOKING GOOD! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: WPS What a Class.

kp72204

Quote from: OldCoot on February 02, 2015, 07:55:02 am
I am saying the State gave the LRSD over a billion dollars since 1989 from the desegregation lawsuit, so I dont think your last statement is valid.

I will agree with you completely on your earlier statement about the state of football in LR.

I think the main problem with central Arkansas football is that the priorities of the young men have changed drastically in the past 20 years.  They have so many outside influences, they cant or don't want to go through all of the processes to play football.  It is hard to study to keep your grades up when you have people around you who are dying and fighting, and your family members are heavily influenced by the drug culture.

I will rant a little now but I used to think everyone had a chance to make their life what they want, everyone starts out equal and can choose to work and make something good out of their life, or be lazy and stay on public assistance.  I no longer think that is correct.  A lot of these young people don't even get a fair chance.  They have no one that is pushing them to get good grades and go to college, their entire worldview is just trying to survive.
This.

WooPig90

scorekeeper

I agree with your post but are you doing anything about the problem for example mentoring, funding outside of paying taxes, etc? We should remember that these guys are people and there are not solely here for our entertainment. I also ask myself these same questions.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on July 21, 2013, 09:26:37 pm
Signed LOI

position name         24/7    ESPN    Rivals    Scout     stats          home

1. OLB Derrick Graham 85  76         3*        3*       6'4", 220        Wauchula, FL
         Notable Offers: Florida, Miss St, Georgia Tech
2. DE TJ Smith          88      72        3*        3*        6'3", 255     Moultrie, GA
          Notable Offers:   Vandy, Mizzou, Wake Forest
3. RB Rawleigh Williams 89  76      3*         3*      5'10", 205       Dallas, TX
         Notable Offers: Duke, Ole Miss
4. CB Ryan Pulley      83      75        3*        3*        6'1", 190      Cape Coral, FL
          Notable Offers:   Mich St, Zona, South Florida
5. QB Ty Storey         92      80        4*        4*      6'2",218           Charleston, AR
         Notable Offers: Bama, Barn, Louisville
6. OG Josh Allen       87                                       6'3", 285        Jacksonville, FL
         Notable Offers: FSU, Miami, Georgia, Louisville, Nebraska
7. OT Jalen Merrick    91      80        4*        4*       6'5", 295    New Smyrna, FL
          Notable Offers: EVERYONE
8. OG Zach Rogers     90      80        4*        4*      6'2", 297          Carrollton, TX
         Notable Offers: Texas, OU, Texas Tech
9. TE Will Gragg       90       81        4*       4*       6'4", 241        Dumas, AR
         Notable Offers: LSU, Bama, OU, Notre Dame, Texas, FL State 
10. DT Hjalte Froholdt  96      83        4*        4*      6'5", 275          Warren, OH
         Notable Offers: Bama, FL St, OSU, Michigan
11. ^DE Jeremiah Ledbetter 88         4*        4*      6'4", 270        Hutchinson, KS
         Notable Offers: Florida, Georgia, Miami FL, Okla St
12. DE Daytrieon Dean 88      74       3*        3*      6'2", 260          Ft. Smith, AR
         Notable Offers: Ole Miss
13. CB Nate Dalton      86      78        3*        2*       6'3", 195       Houston, TX
          Notable Offers: Michigan, Oklahoma, Kentucky
14. WR Deon Stewart   87      79      3*        3*      6'1", 163          Highland, AR
         Notable Offers: Louisville, Ole Miss
15. CB Willie Sykes       85     76         2*                   6'0, 174          Spring, TX
          Notable Offers: Nebraska, Minn
16. LB Dre Greenlaw   86      72         3*       3*      6'1", 210        Fayetteville, AR
         Notable Offers: Georgia, Arkansas St., Tulsa
17. OT Colton Jackson  90      73       3*        3*      6'6", 291          Conway, AR
         Notable Offers: ARKANSAS BABY!
18. TE  CJ O'Grady       89       82      4*        3*       6'4", 230          Fayetteville, AR
         Notable Offers: Louisville, Miss. St., Boise St.
19. WR LaMichael Pettway  87    80     3*      3*       6'3", 200        Nashville, AR
         Notable Offers: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio St., Ole Miss
20. TE Austin Cantrell   92      79      3*        3*      6'3", 249          Roland, OK
         Notable Offers: OU
21. DE Jamario Bell      91      81       4*        4*      6'6", 230          Junction City, AR
         Notable Offers: Louisville
22. LB Kendrick Jackson 85    76         3*       3*         6'1", 232      Haynesville, LA
          Notable Offers: Zona

Commits

1. P  Blake Johnson  72       75      3*        3*       6'1", 190        Los Alamitos, CA
         Notable Offers: Duke, Colorado, Oregon St.

^ denotes Junior College commit

Looking Good TOM!

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

oldbear

I will go one step further than this.  Many of these kids are told in outright terms that they have no future and cannot do any better.  Not speaking to anyone in particular, especially on this board, but if more people would get involved and not just rant (again, I don't know you guys and you may already be) the world would look much different.

GolfnHog

7 4* in the class, has that ever occurred? Good looking bunch of #uncommonmen.

With the facilities, the strength & conditioning, coaching and the other programs available to them at school, the future is so much brighter than in recent history. Good time to be happy!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

DeltaBoy

Munich swine

February 04, 2015, 01:36:31 pm #148 Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:50:06 pm by Munich swine
If I'm reading it right, then we only have one juco coming in, maybe a few total.  I REALLY like that we don't have to go out and find immediate help to fill holes.  Good job coaches!  WPS.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.- Ernest Hemingway

Tomhog™

Quote from: Munich swine on February 04, 2015, 01:36:31 pm
If I'm reading it right, then we only have one juco coming in, maybe a few total.  I REALLY like that we don't have to go out and find immediate help to fill holes.  Good job coaches!  WPS.

Two in this class: Reed and Ledbetter.