Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pel for SEC coach of the year.

Started by Razor_rock089, February 10, 2008, 12:26:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor_rock089

He DESERVES to win SEC coach of the year. Unbelieveable 1st season (17-5) playing in the SEC with players that aren't even his, or apart of his style of BB, but yet he made it work. The turn around at Georgia and winning with 20 point deficients against #20 and 2 year NC's Florida, and unbeaten in conference play MSU, is NOT something 1st season coaches do, much less in a conferece as aggressive as the SEC. Pel for the win. WPS  :razorback:

-Rock

chiefsfan

Lets not annoint with 8 games left in the year.    And on that point, The Award is Bruce Pearl's to lose right now...  Stansbury also has a shot depending on how MSU finishes the year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Although I will say at the rate we are going right now, Jeff Long would be crazy to not offer him a nice raise.   We are only paying him 500K a year right now...bottom part of the league
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

if we win the division, he certainly deserves it.

Brand X Hog Fan

If Pel can indeed finish the conference at 11-5 or 12-4, plus win a couple in the SEC tournament and his 1st round game in the NCAA's then he deserves a 250K raise. SEC COY is a toss up but he should be on the short list.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Oliver

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 10, 2008, 12:30:58 am
Lets not annoint with 8 games left in the year.    And on that point, The Award is Bruce Pearl's to lose right now...  Stansbury also has a shot depending on how MSU finishes the year

I agree.  We have 2 big road games this week.  While we don't HAVE to win either of them, how we look in them will determine how we finish the season in my opinion.

eathill5

I don't think he deserves it.  He inherited a good team, Pearl will win it I think.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

HamShank

If he wins the west, he deserves it.  HOWEVER, according to the press at the beginning of the season, he was expected to win with this team, so it will most likely go to Pearl.  That is, unless we go to Knoxville and stomp 'em this week!!

deucea729

I'm a huge Pel fan, but it may be a tad early for this thread.  Let's see how our last 8 regular-season games go, and here's hoping that we're still saying the same thing heading into the offseason after a good NCAA Tourney run...

razorbacker3

Why don't we wait until the end of the regular season before crowning a king? Tenn might take a dive as we could. Too much can happen. Don't go ordering your NC game tickets yet.But then again, who knows what might happen?

arkjay19

There's several good candidates in this league: Pearl leading a top 10 team, maybe top 5 if they continue to get better; Donovan leading an entirely new starting 5 and a totally new team; Stansbury leading a revitalized MSU program that underwhelmed in OOC play, and Kennedy leading a surprise Ole Miss squad that could end up in the NCAAT.

Pel is a candidate, but there are still 8 regular season games left with the SEC tournament to play as well.