Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will we split...

Started by elksnort, February 09, 2008, 09:03:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

the next two games?

yes/no and why...

elksnort

At Tennessee on Wednesday, then at Starkville on Saturday.

I'd be happy to split with this team or any team, actually.

Brand X Hog Fan

I'd say its 50-50 ;)

I think a split is the best we can hope for. Katie bar the door if we win both!!!!! Tennessee is going to be the pivotal game. If we go in there and win, will there be a let down going into Starkville? If we lose, can we recover?
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

elksnort

I think that a team that could make a difference in the NCAA t would be a team that could split for the next two ball games.

hview

February 09, 2008, 09:16:33 pm #4 Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:18:37 pm by hview
Guess, I'll step out on faith and say we'll take them both. I think this group is coming together as a team, hungry to win, learning the value of playing D with intensity, buying into this system, and overcoming\playing through adversity. They are definiftely going to face adversity the next two games in hostile environments.  Coach Pelphrey has a better undestanding of what he can and can't do with this group. Guess I'm sounding a bit irrational to believe they can take them both, but I believe Coach Pelphrey and Coach Evans will find a way.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on February 09, 2008, 09:12:07 pm
I'd say its 50-50 ;)

I think a split is the best we can hope for. Katie bar the door if we win both!!!!! Tennessee is going to be the pivotal game. If we go in there and win, will there be a let down going into Starkville? If we lose, can we recover?
True, but a win against Miss St would be more valuable because they are a division rival.  I think we are as hot as a team as we could hope for going into Tenn.  If we win we would take it to the next level.  If thats the case, I predict we will be on a 7 game win streak going into Pelphrey's home coming @ Kentucky!  Think that game will be loud?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

j-flem

I think we will win both of them. One reason  we are playing the best ball that we have been and we had a bad shooting night and still got the win. so they will both be good games both i think we pull them out...

hogsmaster

yeah a split would be nice.

threeNout

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 09, 2008, 09:30:06 pm
You can't think split.. you have to be confident..... :)

I agree.

Hoping for a split is probably the logical hope..but..

I sure miss the days when we wouldn't be thinking split against any two teams we played, no matter who it was or where.

Maybe a return to that attitude is right around the corner from here.

Topcat

Tn won't have anyone that can shoot better than Warren did today for Ole Miss. If Ar can handle the pressure defense from the Vols and get the ball inside we have a chance to win there. Starkville has always been a tough place for Ar to win but we have a chance there if we control their point guard. Crazy as it sounds, i think our chances are better against Tn. They seem to really come out flat at times the way they did today against LSU.

Beaverfever

I'd kill for a split in these two games.  If we just win one we are in great shape.

HamShank

The win over Tennessee would garner much more attention, but I'd take a win at either.  They will have to play at the level they did against Florida in both, NOT the way they played against Ole Miss.

opineonswine

I would prefer to win both.  I would settle for a split.  I expect 0-2.

eathill5

I think they split.  If they win both we will be talking about a very low seed.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Beaverfever

Quote from: eathill5 on February 10, 2008, 03:13:47 pm
I think they split.  If they win both we will be talking about a very low seed.
Absolutely.  We win both and we are talking 3 or 4 seed.

Razorvet

Wow. A three or four seed. I cant cant let myself get that excited. A shot at the sweet sixteen. Could that be us? I just cant let myself get carried away. Final Four?

opineonswine

These two games will be very difficult to win.  Tenn and MSU are very good teams and they're on the road.  Winning either, or dare I think it, both, would be HUGE for the season and the tournament.  But it's a tall order for a team that has not shown consistency on the road.

Idahog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 10, 2008, 03:32:58 pm
These two games will be very difficult to win.  Tenn and MSU are very good teams and they're on the road.  Winning either, or dare I think it, both, would be HUGE for the season and the tournament.  But it's a tall order for a team that has not shown consistency on the road.

Agreed.  This team hasn't shown the consistency just yet needed to get me believing in them winning either or both on the road.  They can beat good teams and also lose to very poor teams.  This is the trademark of these players throughout their years here.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

RazorBassin

I don't think a split is a stretch, but if I had to pick one it would be to win over MS again.  Just because they are a divisional rival.  Although, I do love to beat the Vols.