Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18 years ago tonight..............

Started by Pigonometry, February 09, 2008, 08:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigonometry

I was camped out in the first tent outside of Barnhill waiting for the Hogs-UNLV game the next day. 

Has it really been that long ago?  Am I really that old?   :o
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

An old hog fanatic

Seems like yesterday.  The first half of that game was incredible.  The second half sucked.  I remember Larry Johnson running past Nolan late in the game and telling him that Nolan needed to find some MEN to play for him.  UNLV kicked our tails in the second half.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Hollywood_HOGan45

i cannot believe its been almost TWO decades!

celebrating 15 years since the championship run will really make me feel old next season.

idiotghos

Pigonometry

Quote from: idiotghos on February 09, 2008, 11:02:38 pm
No, I believe it's been 17.

You are correct!  It was in 1991, not 1990.  Now I feel a lot younger.........    ;D
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Arkiebrian

Quote from: Pigonometry on February 09, 2008, 08:57:34 pm
I was camped out in the first tent outside of Barnhill waiting for the Hogs-UNLV game the next day. 

Has it really been that long ago?  Am I really that old?   :o
Oh my...I was there too!

IMAballHawg

I was in the 4th or 5th tent.  We probably played Hearts together while waiting.
I remember getting really pissed off when an hour or 2 before the gates opened all these people started trying to sneak up to the front of the line (turned into more of a big huddle around the door than a line by the time it did open).  Since we had all been camping out for a few days everyone knew who belonged up front and who didnt so we started physically blocking folks out who were trying to cut.
Was pretty cool and one of my fonder college memories.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

East TN HAWG

I was tent #23.  Up all night before the game boxing, and playing catch with O'Brien.  Some of my best memories.  Man it was cold.