Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEW BOAT DRINKS , please post them here.......

Started by Slacker, July 28, 2012, 06:59:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slacker

July 28, 2012, 06:59:36 pm Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:20:51 am by BR
Gredients:

1 gallon pickle jar(cleaned)
5 lemons
5 limes
1 orange   1 cup sugar
1 bag ice
1 fth tequila

Structions:

Slice all fruit in half. Squeeze juice through strianer into bowl making sure all seeds are removed from juice squeeze hard to get all juice and any seeds in rinds out of fruit.Put fruit halfs in jar add sugar to juice mix well add the juice to the jar with the fruit. Pack as much ice as possible jamming and cramming

Shake well, drank.

Slacker

Quote from: Shag66 on July 28, 2012, 08:38:01 pm
ummm   you know if you add a small bottle of Triple Sec you just made Margaritas....

1. Is your name Joe?
2. Why the hell would you add Triple Sec when there is already fresh OJ in it? Doofus.

Slacker

Quote from: Shag66 on July 28, 2012, 09:09:55 pm
one Orange?  puhhhleeze...

You ain't even got a hawaiian shirt do ya boy?

and remember...  triple Sec is ALCOHOL...  OJ is NOT...

Oh....so now you are a parrothead? Tuesdays Thursdays and  Saturdays or an everyday parrothead? Math Sucks.

Slacker

Quote from: Shag66 on July 28, 2012, 09:31:33 pm
dude...

I'm gonna take a year off and follow Jimmy B around the country...  That is my destiny...

We saw him in St. Louis before we had kids. Most fun I have ever had at a concert. Clint Black cameo'd. (this was back when Clint was big time).  Our kids know a majority of his music by heart.

You better hurry if you are gonna follow him on tour. JB aint gettin any younger.

Slacker

Psht. CDs...  The 8 track of the 2010s....lol.

Slacker

BR

Now boys.... Can't we all live in Margaritaville enjoying a great boat drink..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BR

Blue Hawaii
1 1/2 oz. Rum 1/2 oz. Blue Curacao 1 oz. Pineapple Juice 1/2 oz. Orgeat or Simple Syrup Ice (optional) Combine ingredients and mix well. If using ice, mix ingredients with blender. Please don't drink and drive.

Lolo's Knock Out Punch
1 Can (6 oz.) Frozen Pineapple Juice 1/2 C. Lemon Juice 1 C. Sugar 1 Bottle (4/5 qt) Claret 2 Bottles (28 oz. each) Ginger ale, Chilled Six steps to follow: 1) Reconstitute pineapple juice according to the directions on the can. 2) Add lemon juice and sugar. 3) Stir until sugar dissolves 4) Add wine and chill 5) Pour over ice in a large bowl. 6) Stir gently and add in ginger ale. This recipe Yields 24 (4 oz) Drinks

Mo`o's Power Punch
1 Can (6 oz.) Lemonade concentrate 1 Can (6 oz.) Orange Juice Concentrate 1 Tsp. Vanilla 1 Tsp. Almond Extract 10 C. Water 1 1/2 C. Sugar 1 Quart Sprite Three simple steps to follow: 1) Combine all ingredients except Sprite. 2) Stir to blend. 3) Add ice and Sprite just before serving.

Aunty Leilani's Strawberry Punch
1 Pkg. (6 oz.) Strawberry Gelatin 1/2 C. Sugar 1 Qt. Hot Water 1 Can (6 oz.) Frozen Lemon Juice, Thawed 1 Qt. Water 1 Bottle (28 oz.) Sparkling Water Or 7-Up, Chilled Three simple steps to follow: 1) Dissolve gelatin and sugar in hot water; cool. 2) Add remaining ingredients; pour over ice in a punch bowl. 3) Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint. This recipe yields 30 (4 oz.) servings. Garnish with fresh straw- berries and mint.

BR

Tropical Blue Margarita
1 1/2 oz Tequila
1 o blue Curacao liqueur
1 oz lime juice coarse salt Rub rim of cocktail glass with lime juice.
Dip rim in coarse salt. Shake tequila, blue Curacao, and lime juice with ice, strain into the salt-rimmed glass, and serve.

Pink Lemonade Cocktail (serves 4-6)
1 (12-oz.) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
3 (12-oz.) bottles beer (not dark),
chilled 3/4 cup vodka,
chilled Ice Garnishes: fresh cranberries, citrus slices

Passion Fruit Mojitos
Combine in a pitcher 2 parts Passion Fruit Mojito mix,
1 part white rum, and ice.
Mix, then pour into ice-filled glasses. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with a mint sprig and a lime slice.

BR

BR's White Sangria

1 Bottle: MOSCATO D`ASTI
1 Bottle: Resling Wine
1 cup: Peach Snapps
1 Cup: Grand Marnier
1 Cup: Triple Sec
1 Cup: Pineapple Juice

Some Blackberries, raspberries, Strawberries, grapes, oranges, white peaches, put all in bottom of gallon jug, pour mixture over leave alone for 1 day. Add a little 7UP or Club Soda to each glass when serving for bubbles. Drink and be happy.

BR

July 30, 2012, 09:55:15 am #10 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:19:37 am by BR
Blue Hurricane
1/4 oz light rum
1/4 oz gin
1/4 oz vodka
1/4 oz tequila
1/4 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1 dash cherry brandy
3 oz sweet and sour mix
3 oz orange juice

Pour over ice into a hurricane glass, and stir. Garnish with an orange peel.

BR

July 30, 2012, 09:58:14 am #11 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:20:00 am by BR
Moana Sands, served at the Sheraton Moana in Waikiki. http://www.webtender.com/db/drink/4733

1/2 oz Chambord raspberry liqueur
1 1/2 oz Peach schnapps
Coconut syrup
Orange juice
Crushed Ice
Mixing instructions:
Pour Chambord and Peach schnapps over crushed ice in a collins glass. Fill up to half with coconut syrup and fill the other half with orange juice and stir. After a few minutes the juice and syrup separate from the alchohol and it looks like sand but tastes MUCH better. Garnish with paper umbrella through a marachino cherry and orange wedge.

BR

July 30, 2012, 10:06:53 am #12 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:20:24 am by BR
TROPICAL LONG ISLAND DRINK RECIPE
Ingredients:
.5oz Coconut Rum
.5oz Black Berry Rum
.5oz Madori
.5oz Banana Liquor
.5oz Peach Schnapps
Splash of Pineapple Juice
Splash of Orange Juice
Splash of Cranberry Juice
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Shake. Strain into glass with ice. Raise glass and toast.

BR

July 30, 2012, 10:07:26 am #13 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:19:12 am by BR
CARIBBEAN BREEZE DRINK RECIPE
1 1/2 jiggers Dark Rum
1/2 jigger Creme de Banana
Juice of 1/2 Lime
3 jiggers Pineapple Juice
2 dashes Orange Bitters
4dashes Grenadine
Cherry garnish
Pineapple Wedge garnish
Fill shaker with crushed ice. Add ingredients. Shake and strain over ice into rocks glass. Garnish. Raise glass and toast.

BR

July 30, 2012, 10:08:30 am #14 Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:20:51 am by BR

New 30-gallon rubber trash can
9 (750 ml) bottles light rum
9 (750 ml) bottles dark rum
4 (1-liter) bottles orange liqueur
30-40 pounds firm fruit,*
3 gallons orange juice
3 gallons pineapple juice
7 liters (about 30 cups) lime juice
2 liters grenadine
Ice

* Good fruit choices are oranges, pineapples, seedless grapes, apples, strawberries, seedless watermelon, peaches and apricots. Leave the strawberries and grapes whole but cut the rest into punch-cup size wedges.

Make the punch on-site; only a nut would try to transport a 30-gallon "punch bowl" full of punch.

First, clean the trash can and rinse it very well. Pour in the rums and the orange liqueur. Add the fruit and let it soak up the alcohol for an hour or two. (Punch-drunk fruit?) Stir in the juices and grenadine. A small, clean, oar makes a good stirrer (or perhaps your big paper parasol will have a handle long enough to do the job.) Add a block of ice and let it chill. Serve over ice with fruit. Keep cold, adding ice as necessary. Makes 400 (4-ounce) servings, plus fruit and ice.

Huckleberry Pig

BR

APPLE CIDER MARGARITA
1 oz Grand Marnier
1 oz gold tequila
5-6 oz sweet apple cider
orange slices and apple slices
cinnamon + cane sugar + coarse sugar for glass rimming
cinnamon sticks for garnish

Coat rim of glass in mix of cinnamon and sugar. Fill glass with orange slices then ice. Add Grand Marnier, tequila and apple cider. Stir to mix. Garnish with apple slice and cinnamon stick.

BR

BR Tiki Bar Rum Drink

1/2 oz. Captain Morgan's Spiced rum
1/2 oz. Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay rum
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. Creme de Banana liqueur
pineapple juice

Combine all liquor in a 12 oz. glass filled with ice. Fill with pineapple juice. Shake. Garnish with lemon and cherry.

BR

Kapalua Butterfly
2/3C pineapple juice
1/2C dark rum
6 T canned cream of coconut
1/4C sweet and sour mix
2T grenadine
2tsp frozen orange juice concentrate unthawed
about 20 ice cubes
Combine first 6 ingredients in blender. Chill in freezer, 30 min. Add ice and blenduntil ice is finely crushed. enjoy!

BR

BR Tailgate Rum Runners

Make in a 5 gallon drink tank and 3/4 filled with ice...

1/2 Gal Barcardi Silver Rum
1 Quart Meyers Dark Rum
1 Quart Captain Morgans Spiced Rum
1 Pint Blackberry Brandy
1 Pint Banana Liqueur
1 Gallon Strawberry/Banana/Orange Juice Blend
1/2 Pint Grenadine

Mix and serve.
Some like to serve frozen from the blender.
Some like a 151 Rum float.
You can garnish with straws, whipped cream, pineapple, etc.
Enjoy!

BR

Chocolate RumChata Martini:

3 parts RumChata
1 part Godiva Chocolate Vodka

Rim the Martini Glass with Nutella, shake and serve!!

BR

Salted Caramel Martini

2 parts RumChata
1 part caramel vodka
sea salt/table salt (do not use margarita salt)

Rim Martini glass with salt (use water, NOT lime juice). Shake ingredients with ice and strain into salted martini glass.

Optional: Drizzle a teaspoon of caramel sauce into bottom of glass

Slacker

BR

BAMA BREEZE
by Lucy "LuLu" Buffett
My brother Jimmy's recording of "The Bama Breeze" was his homage to coastal dives, particularly the famous Flora-Bama on the beach at the Alabama – Florida State line.  He sent me a little love both when he changed the lyrics to call the bar owner "LuLu" and when he asked me if I wanted to play the bar owner in the video.  I mused for just a second, thinking...hmmm... a woman who owns a bar, drinking a beer, jumps up on the stage and sings with the band.  It wasn't much of a stretch!  I had crazy fun shooting the video but I'm glad I have my day job!  Now I enjoy this drink at my own "Bama Breeze" bar on the beach at LuLu's.

2 ounces Absolut® Citron vodka
1 ounce Coconut rum
Juice of ½ fresh lime
½ ounce simple syrup
2-3 ounces cranberry juice
         1. Fill tall glass with crushed ice
         2. Add vodka and rum
         3. Squeeze lime juice into glass
         4. Fill with cranberry juice
         5. Add simple syrup to desired sweetness
         6. Stir
         7. Garnish with fresh lime slice

BR

Recipe: Pat O'Brien Copycat Hurricane Cocktail
©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |   Yield: Makes 1 or 2

Ingredients
2 ounces of light rum
2 ounces of dark rum
2 ounces of grenadine
1 ounce of simple syrup
Juice of two limes
2 ounces of orange juice
Wedge of orange, for garnish
Cherries, for garnish
Instructions

Mix everything in a shaker. Fill a hurricane glass half full of ice - crushed ice is great. Pour mixture on top and top off with extra ice; garnish with an orange slice and some cherries. Drink responsibly. Enjoy.

Source: http://deepsouthdish.com

BR

BR's Favorites.... I guess you can use any Tequila, but at my house there is always 6-7 Bottles of Cabo in the freezer down in the Bar!

PEACH MANGO MARGARITA- Blend 2 cups diced fresh mango, 1 cup Cabo Wabo Reposado tequila, 1 cup peach schnapps and 1/2 cup lime juice with ice.

MIDORI KIWI MARGARITA-
Blend 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice, 1 cup Cabo Wabo Reposado tequila, 1/2 cup Midori Melon Liqueur, and 4 peeled kiwifruit with ice.

POMEGRANATE CHIPOTLE MARGARITA- Blend 2 cups pomegranate juice, 1 1/2 cups Cabo Wabo Reposado tequila, 1/2 cup triple sec, 1/4 cup lime juice and 1/4 Chipotle paste with ice.

CINCO DE BAYA MARGARITA- Blend 1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries, 6 oz. blackberries, 6 oz. raspberries, 4 oz. blueberries, 1 1/2 cups Cabo Wabo Reposado tequila, 1/2 cup cranberry juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup triple sec with ice.

Watermelon Juice Recipe
1/2 seedless watermelon (about 6 to 7 pounds), cut into cubes
16 ice cubes
1 liter lemon-flavored soda
2-3 Cups Tequila

In a blender puree the about half the watermelon with 8 ice cubes. Slowly add half the lemon soda & TEQUILA to the blender. Pour into glasses. Repeat with the remaining ingredients

SAMMY HAGAR'S DRINK RECIPES***

CABO WABORITA- 2 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 2 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed 2 oz. triple sec splash of blue curacao Combine all but the blue curacao in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into salt-rimmed martini glass. Add the splash of blue curacao.

CURA- 1 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 1/2 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed 1/2 oz. orange juice, freshly squeezed 1/4 oz. simple syrup 1/4 oz. triple sec top with sparkling wine Shake all ingredients, exept sparkling wine, with ice and strain into chilled flute glass. Add sparkling wine. Garnish with orange strip.

RED ROCKER- 1 1/2 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 1/2 oz. amaretto 3 oz. cranberry juice Splash of freshly squeezed lime juice Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

CABO SHAKER- 1 1/2 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 1/2 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed 1/2 tsp. grenadine 3 oz. pineapple juice Combine in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into martini glass.

CABO GRANATE- 2 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 2 oz. pomegranate liqueur 1/2 oz. triple sec 1 oz. lime juice Splash of simple syrup Combine in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into glass. Garnish with lime wedge.

BAJA SHAG- 1 1/2 oz. Cabo Wabo Reposado Tequila 1/2 oz. triple sec 3 oz. grapefruit juice Splash of sweet and sour mix Combine in a shaker half-filled with ice. Shake well. Strain into tall ice-filled glass.

BR

Holiday Cranberry Rum Punch
(makes 20 servings)
1 quart cranberry juice
16 oz pineapple juice
1 cup orange juice
½ cup lemon juice
1 cup bourbon
1 cup white rum
2 quarts chilled ginger ale or
2 bottles chilled champagne
Combine all ingredients except ginger ale or champagne, chill. Pour ingredients into a punch bowl, add ice, then add ginger ale or champagne. Slightly stir, pour into glasses and serve.

PorkRinds

Pink Panty Remover
(from my college days)

Mix in a large cooler:
5 2 liters of MT. Dew code red
5 gallons of pink lemonade
1 bag of ice
4 gallons of PGA

I'm making up the measurements from memory.  It was kind of a "to taste" recipe.  The Mt. Dew keeps people hopped up on caffeine and sugar while the PGA, well, we all know what PGA does. 

Slacker

The Diet Coke with Splenda is pretty darned good mixed with bourbon.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Slacker on February 08, 2014, 11:27:05 am
The Diet Coke with Splenda is pretty darned good mixed with bourbon.

Are you picking up BR's slack while he's in belize?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Slacker

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Slacker

BR

Thanks Slacker, the Hot Sauce is now at The Tiki Bar...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BR on July 30, 2012, 10:08:30 am

New 30-gallon rubber trash can
9 (750 ml) bottles light rum
9 (750 ml) bottles dark rum
4 (1-liter) bottles orange liqueur
30-40 pounds firm fruit,*
3 gallons orange juice
3 gallons pineapple juice
7 liters (about 30 cups) lime juice
2 liters grenadine
Ice

* Good fruit choices are oranges, pineapples, seedless grapes, apples, strawberries, seedless watermelon, peaches and apricots. Leave the strawberries and grapes whole but cut the rest into punch-cup size wedges.

Make the punch on-site; only a nut would try to transport a 30-gallon "punch bowl" full of punch.

First, clean the trash can and rinse it very well. Pour in the rums and the orange liqueur. Add the fruit and let it soak up the alcohol for an hour or two. (Punch-drunk fruit?) Stir in the juices and grenadine. A small, clean, oar makes a good stirrer (or perhaps your big paper parasol will have a handle long enough to do the job.) Add a block of ice and let it chill. Serve over ice with fruit. Keep cold, adding ice as necessary. Makes 400 (4-ounce) servings, plus fruit and ice.

YUM another version of Trash Can Punch.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

April 17, 2014, 10:03:36 am #35 Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:22:17 am by BR
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

BR

BR

Quote from: Surfing8 on September 24, 2014, 01:36:58 pm
Ok - here's an easy one... dubbed appropriately as Knock U Naked Margaritas -

4 equal parts (I said it was easy)
12oz can of Limeade
12oz high grade tequila (use empty limeade can)
12oz Sierra Mist / Sprite
12oz Mexican beer (we like to use Negro Modelo and do them 'dirty')

Increase in equal parts as desired.
Add these in your pitcher and stir. 
Chill.
Pour over ice.

Easy.
Refreshing and crisp.
Effective.  Bikini-tested.

Sounds Great & THANKS

BR

The Painkiller
(makes one)

4 oz. pineapple juice
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz. coconut cream
2, 3 or 4 oz. rum (depending on your level of pain!)
Sprinkle of freshly grated nutmeg

Shake or stir all ingredients (except for the nutmeg) and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg.

BR

Frozen Rum Runners
(makes one)

1 ounce gold rum
1/4 ounce blackberry liqueur
1/4 ounce creme de banana liqueur
2 ounces orange juice
1/2 ounce grenadine
8 ounces crushed ice
1/2 oz. dark or 151 proof rum
1.Add gold rum, blackberry liqueur, creme de banana liqueur, orange juice, grenadine and crushed ice in a blender.
2. Blend until slushy and pour into glass.
3. Float with 1/2 oz. dark or 151 proof rum

BR

Bahama Mama
(makes 1)

1/2 ounce dark rum
1/2 ounce light rum
1/2 ounce 151-proof rum
1/2 ounce Kahlúa
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
3 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
Wedge of pineapple or slice of orange and a maraschino cherry

Shake the rums, Kahlúa, lemon juice, and pineapple juice with ice then strain over crushed ice into a chilled glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge or orange slice and a maraschino cherry

BR

Dirty Banana
(makes 2 servings)

2 oz. Tia Maria
2 oz. dark rum
2 oz. rum cream liqueur
4 oz. milk
1 oz. simple syrup
3/4 banana
Ice

Fill blender 3/4 way with ice and all ingredients. Blend until thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and sprinkle the top with cinnamon, allspice or nutmeg or add a floater of Tia Maria.

theFlyingHog

What happened to that bloody Mary recipe that was around here?

DadVader1

Paloma

1 shot grapefruit juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 - 2/3 shot lime juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 - 2/3 shot simple syrup or agave nectar
2 shots club soda
2 shots tequila
lime wedge

Pour over ice, stir, and serve on the rocks.  I learned this one at a Tacos & Tequila class and have been going through Sam's Club size bags of grapefruit and limes ever since.  Tastes a little like a light, refreshing margarita.

DeltaBoy

Go old school, 2 fingers of your favorite whiskey, 3 ice cubes top with Coke or 7 up.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 25, 2018, 03:13:30 pm
Go old school, 2 fingers of your favorite whiskey, 3 ice cubes top with Coke or 7 up.
nice revival there Delta, miss ol' shag and slicker

twistitup

Quote from: BR on January 03, 2014, 09:23:38 am
Recipe: Pat O'Brien Copycat Hurricane Cocktail
©From the Kitchen of Deep South Dish
Prep time: 10 min |   Yield: Makes 1 or 2

Ingredients
2 ounces of light rum
2 ounces of dark rum
2 ounces of grenadine
1 ounce of simple syrup
Juice of two limes
2 ounces of orange juice
Wedge of orange, for garnish
Cherries, for garnish
Instructions

Mix everything in a shaker. Fill a hurricane glass half full of ice - crushed ice is great. Pour mixture on top and top off with extra ice; garnish with an orange slice and some cherries. Drink responsibly. Enjoy.

Source: http://deepsouthdish.com

This will make you swim in the fountain
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

BR

Our kind of detox to kick off the weekend! 😉
🍌🍓 Strawberry Banana Boozy Smoothie 🍌🍓⁠
✨1/2 cup plain yogurt⁠
🍓 2 cups strawberries (frozen)⁠
🍌 2.5 oz Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum Cream ⁠
🥛 1/2 cup milk (or almond milk)

Blend all ingredients in a blender and pour into glass. Make it berry cute by adding a banana and strawberry slice as garnish.