Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PICs: New Baseball Unis

Started by The_Iceman, January 25, 2018, 01:09:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

I personally like the retro ivory's we wear, but these are cool too.

Busta_Nutt

Hate the red sleeve/shoulder. Should be solid with neck and sleeve piping, or pinstripe. This looks like a BP jersey IMO.

Springfield_MO_Razorback

Nice to see we get the Nike vapor elite's this this year! I just don't like the sleeves. Would prefer to keep them solid white.

SPAL

ThisTeetsTaken

Hoping we only wear them during the mid-week games or only once.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

arkirish

If the players and recruits like them, then I like them.

Kevin

Nike just makes a mockery of all uniforms
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SPAL

MissippHog

The uniform was fine, why change it?

Kevin

Quote from: MissippHog on January 26, 2018, 08:20:07 am
The uniform was fine, why change it?

cause that is what nike does, and the kids love it
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 26, 2018, 07:40:27 am
You prefer they go naked?

How in the hell do you jump to this? Are you ok?

RME

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2018, 01:09:48 pm

Cosign. Those may be my favorite uniforms in all of sports.

Someone tell me if I'm completely making this up, but didn't we kinda move away from those last year? Weren't they made of a different material and the players thought they were too hot/didn't like it?

Again, I may be completely whiffing on that, but if that's the case I wish they'd remake them with a new material. That uniform is great.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 26, 2018, 09:40:31 am
Cosign. Those may be my favorite uniforms in all of sports.

Someone tell me if I'm completely making this up, but didn't we kinda move away from those last year? Weren't they made of a different material and the players thought they were too hot/didn't like it?

Again, I may be completely whiffing on that, but if that's the case I wish they'd remake them with a new material. Those are great.

You're correct. They didn't wear them at all last year because the players hated the material. Nike has made the switch and they'll be worn again this season.

steveaustin69

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2018, 01:09:48 pm

These STINK

Knot2brite

I like the solid red, solid white or grey uniform...not such a fan of these
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BroyledNutts

Will wait to see them in a dog pile before I decide if I like them ...

MissippHog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on January 26, 2018, 05:08:06 pm
Will wait to see them in a dog pile before I decide if I like them ...
Fair enough, but I cringe on every dog pile.  Even more so when one of my kids are in there.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Recruits & the players like them.  THE END.

010HogFan

TexasRazorback

Not a big fan of these new Uni's. Looks like they slapped them together. We should just wear the throwbacks every game

hogsolutely

These aren't to bad.  I like our pin stripe ones better.  But, I really don't care what they wear as long as they win.  WPS!!!!

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 26, 2018, 09:42:55 am
You're correct. They didn't wear them at all last year because the players hated the material. Nike has made the switch and they'll be worn again this season.

Actually, we  DID wear them at least once last year; the picture below (which includes Fletcher, who was a true freshman last year; and Gates, another newcomer) proves it:

I do love those unis.  But I also really, really liked these (below), which fell victim to the new Nike font revolution 3 or 4 years ago.  I'd like to think that Nike can develop a very similar jersey with the different font, but still the underlining and slanted angle:

HogFansReunited

The cream are my favorite but from everything I have heard, the players are not comfortable in them.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HogFansReunited on January 29, 2018, 05:09:55 pm
The cream are my favorite but from everything I have heard, the players are not comfortable in them.

I have one of the older throwbacks I wear occasionally during the season - they are heavy, and they are hot - I can't imagine playing 9 innings on a hot Sunday in those ...

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 29, 2018, 04:27:18 pm
Actually, we  DID wear them at least once last year; the picture below (which includes Fletcher, who was a true freshman last year; and Gates, another newcomer) proves it:

I do love those unis.  But I also really, really liked these (below), which fell victim to the new Nike font revolution 3 or 4 years ago.  I'd like to think that Nike can develop a very similar jersey with the different font, but still the underlining and slanted angle:

Nice find. Did not think we wore them last season. Friend within the Athletic Dept. did confirm that the cream material has been updated this year though, so look for them more in 2018.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2018, 09:18:46 am
cause that is what nike does, and the kids love it

I gave up worrying about Razorback baseball uniforms years ago when I realized they where never going to put the hog on the hat in place of that Alabama looking A. 

Hog in Iowa

Is Nike changing our colors for us again?
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on January 30, 2018, 07:35:03 pm
Is Nike changing our colors for us again?

Not sure, but if you're talking about the off-white/cream unis, this is a nod to Major League Baseball. 

Baseball is different that football - or, basketball, for that matter.  Usually, a team will have two home uniforms - one mostly white, and the other their primary color (in our case, cardinal).  And on the road, they will have "road greys".  The history of this is in the early days of MLB, laundering uniform in back-to-back-to-back games and getting white uniforms to look white was a difficult task.  Grey masked some of the discoloration, and so was heavily used for road games. 

As for cream colored unis, these have picked up momentum in MLB since the Giants introduced them about 20 years ago.  At this point, about 1/2 of the MLB teams wear them occasionally.  It is a popular look with fans and, one assumes, college baseball players.  Most college fans seem to really like it as well.

SPAL

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 31, 2018, 04:35:54 pm
Not sure, but if you're talking about the off-white/cream unis, this is a nod to Major League Baseball. 

Baseball is different that football - or, basketball, for that matter.  Usually, a team will have two home uniforms - one mostly white, and the other their primary color (in our case, cardinal).  And on the road, they will have "road greys".  The history of this is in the early days of MLB, laundering uniform in back-to-back-to-back games and getting white uniforms to look white was a difficult task.  Grey masked some of the discoloration, and so was heavily used for road games. 

As for cream colored unis, these have picked up momentum in MLB since the Giants introduced them about 20 years ago.  At this point, about 1/2 of the MLB teams wear them occasionally.  It is a popular look with fans and, one assumes, college baseball players.  Most college fans seem to really like it as well.

I wasnt aware of that. Thank you.

pigture perfect

Do we still have some Pinstripe Uni's?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

woodhog14

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 31, 2018, 10:29:55 pm
Do we still have some Pinstripe Uni's?
We haven't worn pinstipes in several years. We have worn pinstripe pants in the past few years, but not full on pinstripe uniform.

Tony Perkis

Starting pitcher should always choose the uni's. As long as he's comfortable in them, I like them.