Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson's (Tigers) vs. The Stan Heath Era (Predictions???)

Started by ThaRockArkansas, November 28, 2006, 10:05:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

This should be interesting considering how the team managed to overcome intense man defense from SIU and win. The key will be our guard play against the trap and getting all the easy buckets possible. Hog fans know that is one of the keys to beating '40 minutes of hell'. If Arkansas can do this as well as continue the rebounding and free throw shooting we saw last week then it should translate into a solid road win. If not, well nevermind, they will. GO HOGS!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

TRUHOG718

Quote from: Razorback88 on November 29, 2006, 11:48:23 am
Quote from: dubyacee on November 29, 2006, 11:09:17 am
Mizzou - 92
forcing Big 10 ball in the SEC - 79

This isn't even going to be close.  Mike Anderson will put it on us like JJ did with Miami in LR.  He and everyone else knows he should have been given a chance, now is his time to prove why.  They run out us out of the gym, take Hill completely out of the game because he can't get up and down the court, and their guards will play defense like they got cancer and our players got the cure.  It MIGHT be close at halftime, but by halfway through the 2nd half, EVERYONE in the country will know that we made the wrong hire. 

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!

Good attitude.  Have you seen our team defense this year?

HOGS 71
Mizzou 62

I would not have even entertained that one.  "Anyone who thinks firing Heath now would do any good for this program is so far off a reply is futile. And cares more about their own personal beef with administrations decision for head coach than winning."  Heath is our coach, our basketball program is on the rise, Heath is gaining the respect of the players and the fans. His philosophy may not be what we are used to here but the players have brought into it and are succeeding at it. Basketball is becoming respectable in the State of Arkansas once again. , and Anderson aint coming back so lets accept the fact......... deal with it...... let it marinate for awhile........... and lets move on. Lets not forget Southern Illinois is BETTER than Missouri and we handled them didnt we?  Ok back to your regularly scheduled darksider program . WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Razorback88 on November 29, 2006, 11:59:41 am
Quote from: dubyacee on November 29, 2006, 11:54:06 am
Quote from: Razorback88 on November 29, 2006, 11:48:23 am
Quote from: dubyacee on November 29, 2006, 11:09:17 am
Mizzou - 92
forcing Big 10 ball in the SEC - 79

This isn't even going to be close.  Mike Anderson will put it on us like JJ did with Miami in LR.  He and everyone else knows he should have been given a chance, now is his time to prove why.  They run out us out of the gym, take Hill completely out of the game because he can't get up and down the court, and their guards will play defense like they got cancer and our players got the cure.  It MIGHT be close at halftime, but by halfway through the 2nd half, EVERYONE in the country will know that we made the wrong hire. 

FIRE STAN HEATH!!!

Good attitude.  Have you seen our team defense this year?

HOGS 71
Mizzou 62

Yes, I have seen our team play offense and defense this year.  Don't you remember what we did to teams like this when Nolan was running the show in the 90's?? Neither of our big men are athletic enough to keep up with this kind of team for 40 minutes.  We will have to go to a smaller lineup, and that takes Heath out his comfortable Big 10 style of ball. 

I don't have any top-secret inside sources, so I won't guarantee a victory--even though I fully expect one-- but I can guarantee Mizzou will not score 92 points on our defense.

You still want to guarantee anything??

Thought this needed a bump.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.