Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So isn't it about time......

Started by GolfNut57, April 21, 2017, 11:19:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

for another Hogville get together on a nearby local golf course? Weather getting better by the day and too nice to waste by not playing 18 holes.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

TheJoeyBucketz

I'm playing at 11 at the front course...
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

onebadrubi

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2017, 07:02:03 am

You guys are Greystone hackers, right?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 22, 2017, 09:54:02 am
You guys are Greystone hackers, right?
Yessir.

The steady mist changed my mind about that 11:00 tee time, though.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

onebadrubi

I haven't played the front course yet this year.  I have a buddy that lives off 3 or 4 and use to play it a lot.  I'm always to play if y'all get something going. 

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: onebadrubi on April 22, 2017, 10:01:29 am
I haven't played the front course yet this year.  I have a buddy that lives off 3 or 4 and use to play it a lot.  I'm always to play if y'all get something going.
Tell your buddy that I'm sorry, because if he lives on 3 or 4 I've bounced a couple of golf balls off his house.

GolfNut57

I haven't played the front course at Greystone since last year but I wouldn't mind getting back out there to play it if the conditions are decent.

FWIW I wasn't referring to a golf outing just at the Greystone courses though. I am up for a game where ever it can be played at as long as it doesn't require a drive of more than 4 hours to get to the course.

Quote from: golf2day on April 22, 2017, 07:02:03 am

Don't know how much rain Cabot got last night but at the Clinton National Airport while I was at work last night we got a lot of heavy rain during the night. Mt. Springs and Cypress both might be pretty soaked today.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 22, 2017, 01:32:49 pm
I haven't played the front course at Greystone since last year but I wouldn't mind getting back out there to play it if the conditions are decent.

FWIW I wasn't referring to a golf outing just at the Greystone courses though. I am up for a game where ever it can be played at as long as it doesn't require a drive of more than 4 hours to get to the course.

Don't know how much rain Cabot got last night but at the Clinton National Airport while I was at work last night we got a lot of heavy rain during the night. Mt. Springs and Cypress both might be pretty soaked today.
searcy cc is dry...

ricepig

Quote from: Arky on April 26, 2017, 06:02:02 pm
searcy cc is dry...

Doesn't that go against the reasons for having a private CC in a dry country......

Arky

Quote from: ricepig on April 26, 2017, 07:29:19 pm
Doesn't that go against the reasons for having a private CC in a dry country......
i'm drunk & read this as sarcasm.....we have a bar......lololol

ricepig

Quote from: Arky on April 29, 2017, 04:21:39 pm
i'm drunk & read this as sarcasm.....we have a bar......lololol

I know.....just funnin...

GolfNut57

Played a course in Searcy quite a few years ago called...uhh......River Oaks I think it was. Is that course still around? If so what kind of shape is it in?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 29, 2017, 06:27:48 pm
Played a course in Searcy quite a few years ago called...uhh......River Oaks I think it was. Is that course still around? If so what kind of shape is it in?
Nice, fun course. It's been prob 15 years since I've played there. I liked it.
No idea what shape it's in, but I haven't heard of it closing.
Zoysia fairways, had some holes right along side the Little Red River. Nice layout.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 29, 2017, 06:27:48 pm
yes river oaks....still there & in better shape than ever but it's short & tricked up.......SCC is always in great shape & tough.......hard to shoot under par there..

GolfNut57

Quote from: Arky on May 06, 2017, 07:19:10 pm
yes river oaks....still there & in better shape than ever but it's short & tricked up.......SCC is always in great shape & tough.......hard to shoot under par there..

I played with a guy last Wed at Cypress Creek and he told me he just played River Oaks a couple days before and that it was in pathetic shape.

Arky

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 06, 2017, 09:47:26 pm
I played with a guy last Wed at Cypress Creek and he told me he just played River Oaks a couple days before and that it was in pathetic shape.
ok, been a yr since I've been there so I must be wrong.......hate the place.
SCC is very nice......in my 20's could shoot under par.....in my my 50's......hard to bust 75

if you've never played our 4-ball you might give it a try. Our pro is bruce baxley but better call now........july tourney