Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou's recruiting strategy really changing

Started by mizzouman, February 03, 2014, 12:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2014, 04:11:28 pm
I've seen South Carolina mentioned a few times today as if they aren't one of the programs in the SEC setup to recruit highly ranked classes. 

I'm told that a national ranking is irrelevant and only where you rank in the SEC matters...

South Carolina class ranking (national/SEC)

2014: 15 (9th in SEC)
2013: 18 (8th in SEC)
2012: 15 (7th in SEC)
2011: 14 (7th in SEC)

While they maintain a decent national ranking, thier place in the SEC has been bottom half consistently. Remember, there were only 12 teams until recently. But South Carolina has been able to win at a high clip despite finishing in the bottom half. Arkansas can and will also.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 07, 2014, 04:36:59 pm
I'm told that a national ranking is irrelevant and only where you rank in the SEC matters...

South Carolina class ranking (national/SEC)

2014: 15 (9th in SEC)
2013: 18 (8th in SEC)
2012: 15 (7th in SEC)
2011: 14 (7th in SEC)

While they maintain a decent national ranking, thier place in the SEC has been bottom half consistently. Remember, there were only 12 teams until recently. But South Carolina has been able to win at a high clip despite finishing in the bottom half. Arkansas can and will also.

A decent national ranking?  25-30 is a decent ranking.  15 is more than decent.  South Carolina's recruiting situation is nothing like ours or Missouri's.  I know you may be trying to prove a point to some but this is a reach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

SPAL

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 07, 2014, 04:48:09 pm
A decent national ranking?  25-30 is a decent ranking.  15 is more than decent.  South Carolina's recruiting situation is nothing like ours or Missouri's.  I know you may be trying to prove a point to some but this is a reach. 

Thanks for cementing my point. I know that wasn't your intention, but you did. South Carolina and Arkansas are not similar. South Carolina is centrally located a lot closer to Florida and Georgia than arkansas. Look at the number of people in a 60 mile radius of their campus compared to Arkansas.

But DESPITE the clear advantages they have, they STILL aren't finishing higher than Florida, LSU, auburn, bama, or Georgia. They never will.

And so if South Carolina will never beat those guys in the recruiting ranking, with all the built in advantages and a situation not similar to arkansas ( by your own admission), why are some here so dead set on it happening at Arkansas?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 07, 2014, 05:25:01 pm
Thanks for cementing my point. I know that wasn't your intention, but you did. South Carolina and Arkansas are not similar. South Carolina is centrally located a lot closer to Florida and Georgia than arkansas. Look at the number of people in a 60 mile radius of their campus compared to Arkansas.

But DESPITE the clear advantages they have, they STILL aren't finishing higher than Florida, LSU, auburn, bama, or Georgia. They never will.

And so if South Carolina will never beat those guys in the recruiting ranking, with all the built in advantages and a situation not similar to arkansas ( by your own admission), why are some here so dead set on it happening at Arkansas?

1. To set themselves up to criticize the coach.

2. ignorance

3. dreamers
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

LZH

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 07, 2014, 05:25:01 pm

Clemson had a top ten class this year.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on February 07, 2014, 10:20:24 am
Especially one that actually recruits, unlike Petrino.
Yea he only gave us our best back to back seasons since what the 60s and our first bcs berth with those players. Let's just hope the windbreaker can do that good with his players and coaching expertise.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 07, 2014, 09:51:45 pm
Yea he only gave us our best back to back seasons since what the 60s and our first bcs berth with those players. Let's just hope the windbreaker can do that good with his players and coaching expertise.

Arkansas fan enjoys arguing with anyone that likes Petrino.  It's his way to cope with the loss of Petrino.  He can't just get over it.  Every thread he is in pretty much has some kind of bashing of him.  It's simple to just ignore him
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

jbcarol

Pete Scantlebury ‏@PeteScantlebury  1h
The Lee's Summit West pipeline contines for #Mizzou - 2015 RB Ryan Williams has committed...

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison  57m
Lee's Summit West RB Ryan Williams is a 3-star recruit on all 4 major services...

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison  6m
LSW coach Royce Boehm, on MU commit Ryan Williams: "The young man likes to break ankles. He's got breakaway speed." More on the blog soon.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Gabe DeArmond ‏@GabeDeArmond ·47m
Augusta, GA offensive lineman Zach Giella RT @gellocup177: Just got an offer from Mizzou! #tigers #Mizzou

'15 6-7 3 bills Augusta Christian OT
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net