Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

44 car withdraws well it was stolen actually

Started by holeinthewall, February 27, 2015, 12:10:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

holeinthewall

Yup stolen from the hotel they were staying in.

Quote#44 car stolen outside hotel UPDATE withdraws: A trailer carrying a NASCAR racing team's car was stolen overnight in Morrow, GA, according to the driver of the vehicle hauling the trailer [NJ plates]. The driver says the unmarked white Xtreme Racing trailer had the #44 car inside and was stolen from a hotel sometime overnight. Local authorities have been notified.kfvs12.com.
AND A spokeswoman for Team Xtreme (#44 car) confirms Atlanta car and trailer were stolen from outside the team hotel.(Jeff Gluck/USA Today twitter)
MORE Travis Kvapil's car for this weekend's Sprint Cup Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway has apparently been stolen. A spokeswoman for Team Xtreme confirmed a Missouri TV station's report that the #44 car and its hauler disappeared from outside the team's hotel [Drury Inn & Suites] in Morrow, Ga. overnight. KFVS reported the trailer was white and unmarked and said the hauler driver reported it missing. Team Xtreme, owned by John Cohen, qualified for the Daytona 500 last week and finished 32nd with driver Reed Sorenson. But Kvapil is in the car this week with Sorenson driving for another [#29 RAB Racing] team. NASCAR teams tested at Atlanta on Thursday, meaning all the other cars are already secured inside the track (USA Today)
UPDATE: Sgt. Larry Oglesby of the Morrow (Ga.) Police Department told ESPN.com that they are treating the car's disappearance as a stolen vehicle after a report was filed at 5:50am/et at the Drury Inn. Team owner John Cohen, who was not at the track, told ESPN.com by phone that the team will have to withdraw from the race and was still trying to gather information as to what had happened. The first practice for the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 is scheduled for 1:00pm/et Friday, and teams typically must present a car for inspection an hour or two prior to the start of Sprint Cup practice.(ESPN.com)(2-27-2015)

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

hoghelmet14

I am a History nut..... no excuses..... this is kin to the folks that tried to steal Abe Lincolns body.... what the crap are you gonna do with either?   You cant sell this car on ebay! LOL
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 27, 2015, 02:51:50 pm
I am a History nut..... no excuses..... this is kin to the folks that tried to steal Abe Lincolns body.... what the crap are you gonna do with either?   You cant sell this car on ebay! LOL

Maybe they'll catch the thief when he goes out for qualifying... LOL
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

ricepig

Quote from: ArkieRebel on February 27, 2015, 03:14:04 pm
Maybe they'll catch the thief when he goes out for qualifying... LOL

Looks like some team just picked up a cheap backup car.....

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 03:33:22 pm
Looks like some team just picked up a cheap backup car.....

Bet it was ole Brewster Baker and the Six Pack...
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

pick_DA_EAGLES

twistitup

March 01, 2015, 06:44:58 am #7 Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:24:46 pm by twistitup
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 01, 2015, 12:01:38 am
They found the car today, in some woods.

My guess is the trailer was stolen without knowing if anything was inside....then they looked and said oh darn get rid of that thing!!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

10thPlanet

pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: twistitup on March 01, 2015, 06:44:58 am
My guess is the trailer was stolen without knowing if anything was inside....then they looked and said oh darn get rid of them at thing!!

Yea I doubt they knew what they had till they opened the door.

holeinthewall

I think NASCAR should count Atlanta as a qualifying attempt. They were there not like they withdrew and went home on their own.  Hard to actually take the track without a car.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: holeinthewall on March 06, 2015, 11:42:02 am
I think NASCAR should count Atlanta as a qualifying attempt. They were there not like they withdrew and went home on their own.  Hard to actually take the track without a car.

That's a good point and I hadn't thought about those implications.  I bet with some of the leeway they gave to Stewart last year and to Hamlin after his "sinus problems" last year (much more to that story) they would allow the same in this case.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

RAD

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 06, 2015, 12:57:06 pm

That's a good point and I hadn't thought about those implications.  I bet with some of the leeway they gave to Stewart last year and to Hamlin after his "sinus problems" last year (much more to that story) they would allow the same in this case.

I don't think I ever heard the "more to the story" part about Denny, but would be interested to hear it.

As far as giving the team any leeway, maybe.

Tony Stewart
Denny Hamlin
Travis Kvapil

One of these things is not like the other. But then again, they might just go ahead and let them have it just in case they need him as a field filler some weekend.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: RAD on March 06, 2015, 07:22:23 pm
I don't think I ever heard the "more to the story" part about Denny, but would be interested to hear it.

As far as giving the team any leeway, maybe.

Tony Stewart
Denny Hamlin
Travis Kvapil

One of these things is not like the other. But then again, they might just go ahead and let them have it just in case they need him as a field filler some weekend.

On the Denny Hamlin deal, I have heard he has a certain affinity for a drug that leaves your system in about 2 days.  He'll go out and have his fun the day after a race and when he shows at the track on Thursday or Friday, if he gets randomly selected he won't pop hot.  Well if he screws up that schedule he'll get caught. 

The day Denny withdrew for a sinus problem, the night before a member of NASCAR tweeted out something cryptic along the lines of "According to rule XX.xx Refusing to take a drug test is acknowledged as failing and will result in a driver missing the race." 

Many say that Dale Jr. is pretty against all this and the problem is pretty well known in the garages.  And Dale Jr. had a pretty big interview right after the race that said "There's a whole lot of rumors swirling around out here, NASCAR needs to come out and say exactly what happened with Denny because they either need to confirm to rumors or let us know exactly what happened."  He was pretty mad sounding in the interview and seemed weird at the time.  But matches up more with what I have heard later.

TheRazorback500

Well, I haven't heard about this but, concerning the OP, they must have stolen some of Kvapil's speed because he didn't qualify at Vegas! Lol

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Racinray

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 07, 2015, 08:49:22 am

On the Denny Hamlin deal, I have heard he has a certain affinity for a drug that leaves your system in about 2 days.  He'll go out and have his fun the day after a race and when he shows at the track on Thursday or Friday, if he gets randomly selected he won't pop hot.  Well if he screws up that schedule he'll get caught. 

The day Denny withdrew for a sinus problem, the night before a member of NASCAR tweeted out something cryptic along the lines of "According to rule XX.xx Refusing to take a drug test is acknowledged as failing and will result in a driver missing the race." 

Many say that Dale Jr. is pretty against all this and the problem is pretty well known in the garages.  And Dale Jr. had a pretty big interview right after the race that said "There's a whole lot of rumors swirling around out here, NASCAR needs to come out and say exactly what happened with Denny because they either need to confirm to rumors or let us know exactly what happened."  He was pretty mad sounding in the interview and seemed weird at the time.  But matches up more with what I have heard later.
Very interesting, wouldn't doubt for a second.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on March 07, 2015, 09:49:35 am
Very interesting, wouldn't doubt for a second.

I wouldn't doubt it either.  I guess NASCAR doesn't drug test between races and in the offseason and coke only take about 2 days to leave the system.

It would explain some of his up and down performances.  Sometimes he's lights out (maybe clean) and other times he's irritable and can't control his car.

Racinray

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 07, 2015, 11:39:54 am

I wouldn't doubt it either.  I guess NASCAR doesn't drug test between races and in the offseason and coke only take about 2 days to leave the system.

It would explain some of his up and down performances.  Sometimes he's lights out (maybe clean) and other times he's irritable and can't control his car.
I'm really surprised that Joe Gibbs puts up with it, if it's true.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on March 07, 2015, 12:30:54 pm
I'm really surprised that Joe Gibbs puts up with it, if it's true.

Like I said, it's just discussion but it's spread pretty wide in the pit areas from the people I talk to.  It puts Dale Jr.'s interview on the subject in to a different perspective and makes it make a little more sense now.  Junior doesn't speak like that often and I was confused about it for a while.

The only reason I would believe that Gibbs would put up with it is the thought that he still produces wins and money and he has a ton invested in the kid.  I'm sure he learned to put up with some stuff that he wasn't morally in line with while coaching in the NFL in the 80s.  Because those were some real wild times.

Racinray

Now the owner of this team has a warrent for his arrest, this sounds more shady by the day. It's not for this incident. Sorry don't have a link.