Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Green to Oklahoma State

Started by tophawg19, January 10, 2024, 09:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

We will see him September 7th . Hope he has a really bad game along with the rest of the cowboys
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Tweeter

Hope he does well there. We wasted the young man here.

Klamath Hog

How many of you work at a job where someone in full body armor is trying to stop you from doing your job? - PonderinHog

Tusks

Quick feet and very good speed.  I hated to see him leave.

At least the hogs have plenty of RBs to replace him with.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

tophawg19

He has the speed you want but has to improve vision and run hard every play. But he fits what they like at RB. After September 7th I hope he does well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

porkinsons disease

Guess our only hope is they all have a bad game
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

liljo

Yeah, I wish AJ well, except for Sept 7.

He is gonna run into the Arkansas Avalanche Defense. I just hope he don't get hurt.  ;)
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

DOGALUM

Hope he goes for 150

Pittman deserves it

A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

CowHog32

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Tweeter on January 10, 2024, 10:01:34 pmHope he does well there. We wasted the young man here.

Agree.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

KarlPorkington

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 10, 2024, 10:13:13 pmHope he goes for 150

Pittman deserves it

But if we all got what we deserved you'd get just kicked in the nuts and have the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

ua_hogs

PharmacistHog

Quote from: ua_hogs on January 11, 2024, 08:32:19 amWeird take.

"I hate our coach because he loses games, so I hope he loses games".
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

farfromgroovins

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2024, 08:38:11 am"I hate our coach because he loses games, so I hope he loses games".

Math checks out

DOGALUM

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2024, 08:38:11 am"I hate our coach because he loses games, so I hope he loses games".
never said i hope we lose.   never even said i hate our coach.  Don't be an idiot.

I don't like Pittman for a number of reasons.   One of them is his RB rotation.   

I hope we beat OK St like dogs....but I hope AJ goes off. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 11, 2024, 09:22:54 amnever said i hope we lose.   never even said i hate our coach.  Don't be an idiot.

That's fair.

At the same time, Green's blocking was lacking but I do think he should have been used more.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DOGALUM

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2024, 09:34:23 amThat's fair.

At the same time, Green's blocking was lacking but I do think he should have been used more.
If Pittman's stated reason was Green's lack of blocking, that's another strike against Sam.  I would challenge him to show another offensive player.....much less a RB....who was even an adequate blocker this past year.  It certainly wasn't R-Dub. 

We've all heard all the unconfirmed rumors....too much time at the track....playing favorites with the rotation to keep certain people happy.....his treatment of Paul Jr.....and many more. 

I don't buy all the he said/she said unconfirmed stuff.  Some or all of it may or may not be true.  I also don't claim to be an all-knowing football strategist or some schematic expert.  That said, I played enough college football (including with some guys who ended up playing in the NFL....them...not me lol) to know that while AJ Green was not a dominant SEC feature back, he was....by far....the biggest weapon in our backfield this year.  Based on both the eye test and the stats.  Him not playing more than he did speaks to either Sam's incompetence, or it lends credence to the rumors we have all heard.  Either way....he was a fourth year SEC coach so there is no excuse for either of those things.  Year 1?    Maybe....though this hasn't been a "cut your teeth" league for decades.   Year 2?  probably not.
Year 4?  No way.  not acceptable. 

So if we (I) have to put up with him going forward....because I am still a fan of the Razorbacks...I'm going to be tickled pink if he gets a little egg on his face in the form of AJ Green making Sam look even dumber. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 11, 2024, 09:51:48 amIf Pittman's stated reason was Green's lack of blocking, that's another strike against Sam.  I would challenge him to show another offensive player.....much less a RB....who was even an adequate blocker this past year.  It certainly wasn't R-Dub. 

We've all heard all the unconfirmed rumors....too much time at the track....playing favorites with the rotation to keep certain people happy.....his treatment of Paul Jr.....and many more. 

I don't buy all the he said/she said unconfirmed stuff.  Some or all of it may or may not be true.  I also don't claim to be an all-knowing football strategist or some schematic expert.  That said, I played enough college football (including with some guys who ended up playing in the NFL....them...not me lol) to know that while AJ Green was not a dominant SEC feature back, he was....by far....the biggest weapon in our backfield this year.  Based on both the eye test and the stats.  Him not playing more than he did speaks to either Sam's incompetence, or it lends credence to the rumors we have all heard.  Either way....he was a fourth year SEC coach so there is no excuse for either of those things.  Year 1?    Maybe....though this hasn't been a "cut your teeth" league for decades.   Year 2?  probably not.

So if we (I) have to put up with him going forward....because I am still a fan of the Razorbacks...I'm going to be tickled pink if he gets a little egg on his face in the form of AJ Green making Sam look even dumber. 

I don't even care anymore. Its just humorous that people have turned on pittman to such degrees that they hope for the team to fail. Perhaps not you, but there is a lot of that now and your first post in the thread could be taken that way. I'm out of this one.

DOGALUM

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2024, 10:16:56 amI don't even care anymore. Its just humorous that people have turned on pittman to such degrees that they hope for the team to fail. Perhaps not you, but there is a lot of that now and your first post in the thread could be taken that way. I'm out of this one.
I won't cross that line.  Hogs over everyone.  That's Hogs over a coach too. 

I love my kids....always will.  But if one were an addict, me hoping they learn a life lesson by reaping a little of what they sew is not turning on them. Especially if they are making $6million to not be a junkie. 

Atlhogfan1

Good for him.  Close to home.  Winning program for who they play.  Will never forget his diving into the back of his teammates legs just across the line of scrimmage when he had an open cutback lane to his left.  Maybe poor position coaching or lack of vision or self preservation... 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2024, 10:16:56 amI don't even care anymore. Its just humorous that people have turned on pittman to such degrees that they hope for the team to fail. Perhaps not you, but there is a lot of that now and your first post in the thread could be taken that way. I'm out of this one.

I get it happening when you have an entrenched situation like with Nutt or Anderson.  Fans get so frustrated.  Pittman has one season left.  I've been very turned off by the treatment of KJ along with Sam.  Horrible behavior by some of our fans.  On here, we have some who aren't actual Hog fans too. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dropkick

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 11, 2024, 09:51:48 amIf Pittman's stated reason was Green's lack of blocking, that's another strike against Sam.  I would challenge him to show another offensive player.....much less a RB....who was even an adequate blocker this past year.  It certainly wasn't R-Dub. 

Take a deep breath...........

Jim Harris

Quote from: DOGALUM on January 11, 2024, 09:22:54 amnever said i hope we lose.   never even said i hate our coach.  Don't be an idiot.

The running back rotation was Jimmy Smith's, not Pittman's.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson