Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paul Petrino......

Started by Razorback4, September 29, 2012, 12:54:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback4

Paul Petrino better be gone after this year. His playcalling can be described with words like:

-Boring
-Stagnant
-Inconsistent
-Lifeless
-Un-logical
-Predictable

........I could go on. I could call better plays fro my couch with an Xbox controller. Absolutely pathetic. 2nd and 3rd down play calls are so predictable a Junior Varsity team could snuff them out. I have never been this frustrated by play-calling. At least not since the days of HDN.

HawginTexas

So predictable....has he ever heard of play action????

Newhopehog

IT not PP it is the offensive line that stinks...it doesn't matter what play is called the line can't block for it....

Buff

We started out with draws and play actions.  And got predictable.  I'm still not convinced JLS isnt overriding him.

LZH

That last call on 3rd down....

Changing personnel was the most pee-wee move I've seen in D1 football in a looooooooooong time.  Everyone knew the play after that.  My God.  I know PP is a good guy and all, but dammit boy........use your head.

Nipsey Mussle

please don't describe it as "un-logical"

bartonbear

maddox073

Send the whole damn bunch packing,  start over form the ground. 

Razorback4

QuoteSo predictable....has he ever heard of play action????

Guess not. His playcalling killed Illinois' offense which should have been productive and it is killing ours too. He needs to go. :puke:

Danny J

Quote from: Newhopehog on September 29, 2012, 12:57:06 pm
IT not PP it is the offensive line that stinks...it doesn't matter what play is called the line can't block for it....
That too but the reason is they bring more than we can block because when we line up with two te's and in the I formation it is run EVERY TIME. The entire D comes crashing down. It is too predictable.

Bebop

Paul's thinking: I sure do wish Bobby was here.

Hogwop

Every single coach on staff needs to be gone after this season
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

OGR69

He should have followed his brother out the door.

regi

With Haynes as your DC, you have to score each time you touch it, hard to coach that

fanofthehog

He is a terrible OC - Finding out who he really is when he can no longer hide in Bobby's shadow.

FANONTHEHILL

None of us are happy with either of the Pauls. But the Pauls aren't the ones out there missing blocks and tackles.  Just because Bobby is gone doesn't mean our players should forget how to play football.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MM-gohogs

Quote from: HawginTexas on September 29, 2012, 12:56:23 pm
So predictable....has he ever heard of play action????
How about a "HB Screen"... By my count through 270 minutes this season, I have counted ZERO?
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

Razorback4

QuoteIT not PP it is the offensive line that stinks...it doesn't matter what play is called the line can't block for it....

Have you seen his play calls????? Sure the offensive line stinks but when you call the same play every time we have 3rd and short....it's not hard to pick up on it. He has no consistency either. Let's get 9 yards on first down with Knile and then throw a bomb which usually misses. 3rd and 1 so lets run it up the middle after we clearly bring in 2 TE's, that's not predictable at all. And I'm sorry but when you need 10 yards on 3rd down, you don't call a designed 3 yard crossing pattern, absolutely stupid plays.

ThrillaHog

LZH

Quote from: regi on September 29, 2012, 12:59:49 pm
With Haynes as your DC, you have to score each time you touch it, hard to coach that

Gimme a break.  Petrino is not what you all thought he was.  You have to give your offense it's best opportunity to be productive.........he is not capable of that today.

zane

You mean pass, run, pass, punt isn't how it's done?
RIP LSUfan

ki285

ive come to the conclusion that paul petrino is the milk mans kid. no way he can be bobby petrinos real brother and be this terrible.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

P Petrino,Haynes, johnelle are all loser B1G reject coaches. Why is anyone shocked they suck coaching an sec team?

Hogman2

Weak as a play caller! STOP running against 8 man fronts with this horrible o line! Hit them quicker!  Our linemen have CONCRETE FEET! 

$outhwesthog

A "MONKEY" with a box of bananas could do better than these coaches! !!
April 11 2012
The day of infamy

idochog

AS much as we are willing to pay for the Head Coach,

We need to open the checkbook up for something other than reject Big 10 asst coaches
I love Jesus!

Dustbug86

-D

LZH

I'm tellin' ya....when he halted momentum and substituted TE's on that 3rd down...he not only showed his hand...he showed his weakness.

And btw, when Tyler audibles and everyone on TV knows what the play is gonna be......PP needs to take responsibility for that, too.

JIHawg

If I didn't know better, I'd think that PP was sabotaging this team.

GBHawg

The next time we line up and run from the I, PP should be fired.

The Ghost of BP

BigSexy

Paul petrino is hot garbage. His play calling sequences are puzzling
\'94 Purple Dog

mpeacock

Glad people are starting to see this. Guy is B-level.