Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tay Waller (Basketball G)

Started by nughaud, January 10, 2008, 10:16:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nughaud

January 10, 2008, 10:16:23 am Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:25:02 am by nughaud
Sure wish we could sway this guy from Auburn and make a charge. He's from Georgia originally so Arkansas isn't too far away.  He would come in as a Junior as he's playing is Sophomore year right now..  He plays with another recruit Arkansas lost out on in Keith Ramsey. 

The other night Tay scored 36 points (He's averaging over 20 ppg now) while Ramsey scored 8.

Tay made 10 three pointers last year in one game.

This guy is just a pure scorer at the point.

This is an article from Nov 07:

Waller averaged 18.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists and shot 45 percent from the field and 40 percent (117-of-296) from 3-point range as a freshman at Okaloosa-Walton College in 2006-07 in helping the team to a 23-5 record. Scoring 39 points vs. Gulf Coast in the season finale, he became the best free throw shooter in OWC history and is second in school history with 117 three-pointers made.

Waller set the school free throw record by shooting 92 percent (55-of-61) from the foul line.

Waller is averaging 16.4 points while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range in four games this year as a sophomore. A former high school teammate of Auburn junior Korvotney Barber, Waller averaged 24 points per game as a senior at Manchester (Ga.) High School.

Waller, who was a junior when Barber was a senior at Manchester High, set a school record for 3-pointers made.

"Tay Waller is probably one of the best junior college shooters we think in the country," said Lebo. "He played with Korvotney Barber at Manchester High School and played under Coach Bruce Stewart, who has had a history of developing shooting guards at Okaloosa-Walton."

lavacaraider

If I'm not mistaken, aren't we at our limit of 6 for next year?

The real Hogules

Quote from: nughaud on January 10, 2008, 10:16:23 am
Sure wish we could sway this guy from Auburn and make a charge. He's from Georgia originally so Arkansas isn't too far away.  He would come in as a Junior as he's playing is Sophomore year right now..  He plays with another recruit Arkansas lost out on in Keith Ramsey. 

The other night Tay scored 36 points (He's averaging over 20 ppg now) while Ramsey scored 8.

Tay made 10 three pointers last year in one game.

This guy is just a pure scorer at the point.

This is an article from Nov 07:

Waller averaged 18.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists and shot 45 percent from the field and 40 percent (117-of-296) from 3-point range as a freshman at Okaloosa-Walton College in 2006-07 in helping the team to a 23-5 record. Scoring 39 points vs. Gulf Coast in the season finale, he became the best free throw shooter in OWC history and is second in school history with 117 three-pointers made.

Waller set the school free throw record by shooting 92 percent (55-of-61) from the foul line.

Waller is averaging 16.4 points while shooting 41 percent from 3-point range in four games this year as a sophomore. A former high school teammate of Auburn junior Korvotney Barber, Waller averaged 24 points per game as a senior at Manchester (Ga.) High School.

Waller, who was a junior when Barber was a senior at Manchester High, set a school record for 3-pointers made.

"Tay Waller is probably one of the best junior college shooters we think in the country," said Lebo. "He played with Korvotney Barber at Manchester High School and played under Coach Bruce Stewart, who has had a history of developing shooting guards at Okaloosa-Walton."

Might I point out that Tay has already signed an L.O.I. with Auburn, so it'd be pretty hard (by "pretty hard" I mean impossible) to sway him at this point.

The kid would have to ask AU for a release and be granted one and I highly doubt that Lebo would release him in the first place, but definitely not to an SEC western division team.

You are like a dog chasing a car that left town yesterday......................hang it up, this one's over.

Plus we have one helluva PG headed to Fayetteville already from Oklahoma and are in need of low post players, not guards.

I'm not trying to knock the original poster, just pointing out a few things he may or may not be aware of.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogginitall

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 10, 2008, 11:00:11 am
Might I point out that Tay has already signed an L.O.I. with Auburn, so it'd be pretty hard (by "pretty hard" I mean impossible) to sway him at this point.

The kid would have to ask AU for a release and be granted one and I highly doubt that Lebo would release him in the first place, but definitely not to an SEC western division team.

You are like a dog chasing a car that left town yesterday......................hang it up, this one's over.

Plus we have one helluva PG headed to Fayetteville already from Oklahoma and are in need of low post players, not guards.

I'm not trying to knock the original poster, just pointing out a few things he may or may not be aware of.

We have 3 good PG/SG's coming to Arkansas next year in this recruiting class.  I was kind of confused by the original post as well, seeing as how he had already signed on the dotted line to play for Auburn.

dougieritch

I think we have enough guards right now, we need PF & C help since most of our Frontcourt will graduate this year and I don't consider Michael Washington a true PF.