Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jameel Owens and Stacy Mcgee.....

Started by russell33, January 09, 2008, 11:12:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

russell33

leave the hogs off their final list.....

http://newsok.com/article/3190532

MUSKOGEE — Blue-chip recruits Jameel Owens and Stacy McGee have cancelled a Jan. 19 visit to Florida and will announce their commitments in a press conference Jan. 15 at 6:30 p.m. Muskogee coach Matt Hennesy said Tuesday.

Owens and McGee, the state's most sought-after football prospects from the Class of 2008, have trimmed their lists. Owens is down to four: OU, OSU, Tennessee and Texas Tech. McGee is down to two: OU and Tennessee.

"They're just tired of the recruiting process," Hennesy said. "Jameel had 28 voicemails last night and I'm sure Stacy had just as many. I told them when this all started to enjoy it now, because it was going to get old down the stretch."

The nation's No. 6 wide receiver and No. 6 defensive tackle — according to Rivals.com — originally planned to wait until Signing Day on Feb. 6 to announce their college decisions.

In the meantime, Owens and McGee scheduled visits to Tennessee in Knoxville on Jan. 11 and Florida in Gainesville on Jan. 19.

"Florida doesn't know they're cancelling yet," Hennesy said. "I'm about to call them. I think at this point it was just going to be a vacation for the guys."

Hennesy said McGee also cancelled his visit to Tennessee.

"Coach Caldwell and Coach Fulmer," said McGee who could play defensive end or defensive tackle in college.

"I didn't want to visit this weekend because I have a wrestling tournament and if I met the players, it would make the decision that much more difficult."

McGee said he might reschedule the visit to Tennessee after he makes his commitment.

As for Oklahoma State, Mike Gundy's hiring of Tennessee wide receivers coach Trooper Taylor had little effect on Owens, Hennesy said.

Neither did Cowboy offensive coordinator Larry Fedora's departure for Southern Miss.

"(Gunter Brewer) has done a great job of recruiting Jameel," Hennesy said. "If he had left, I think that would have knocked OSU off of (Owens' list)."

The tandem received in-home visits from Gundy, Bob Stoops, Tennessee's Philip Fulmer and Texas Tech's Mike Leach before the holiday break.

Owens played in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Jan. 5, catching one pass for nine yards.

"The only reason Jameel didn't commit at the All-American Bowl was No. 1, because he hadn't got to Tennessee yet and No. 2, because he wanted to do it with Stacy."

The commitment ceremony will be held at the Muskogee gym between the Roughers' JV and varsity wrestling matches next Tuesday.

"There's nothing magical about committing on Signing Day," Hennesy said. "I told them, 'We'll make a spectacle out of it if you want it and you guys can announce together on the big stage.'"

Owens finished 2007 with 994 yards and 10 touchdowns on 59 receptions, rounding out a 3,444-yard, 45-touchdown career.

McGee tallied 98 tackles, six sacks and three forced fumbles during his senior campaign with the Roughers.

Both were named to The Oklahoman's 2007 All-State team.

"We have something special planned for the commitment," McGee said. "It's a surprise. You'll have to wait and see."

Razorback_Z71

surprise??   so i think they are going to take off their jackets and show tenn jersies.... next... they will take off tenn jersies and OU will be underneith.

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Quote from: Razorback_Z71 on January 09, 2008, 11:34:24 am
surprise??   so i think they are going to take off their jackets and show tenn jersies.... next... they will take off tenn jersies and OU will be underneith.

Then lean forward into the mic and call the Hogs!!!!
Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.