Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RichRod wishes Mallett goodbye

Started by Chris Frye, January 08, 2008, 02:18:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Frye

Just heard on JR.... LIVE, not recorded.  RR says that Mallett probably will transfer, but he doesn't know where.  Listen on Rome, start of the 3rd hour.  He didn't name a particular school, so don't start assuming.

beansandtaters

Well hell. No doubt he transfers now. PLEASE come to AR!!!!

Mike_P

Maybe it's just me but wouldn't it make sense that even if Mallett was transferring to UA, the coaching staff might want to keep it quiet until after signing day?

beansandtaters

Quote from: Mike_P on January 08, 2008, 02:20:30 pm
Maybe it's just me but wouldn't it make sense that even if Mallett was transferring to UA, the coaching staff might want to keep it quiet until after signing day?

Of course it would. Does a bear s$#t in the woods?

Coach Obvious

Mike_P

Quote from: beansandtaters on January 08, 2008, 02:21:47 pm
Of course it would. Does a bear s$#t in the woods?

Then some seem to spend a lot of time trying to find out about something that likely won't be made public till February.

Answer to your question: Not if it's in the zoo!

SpareRib

Quote from: Mike_P on January 08, 2008, 02:20:30 pm

By making that assertion publicly. Rich has strengthened his position with any qback he is trying to recruit.  The statement tells the hopefuls "your real competition is gone - come on down."
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: SpareRib on January 08, 2008, 02:34:16 pm
By making that assertion publicly. Rich has strengthened his position with any qback he is trying to recruit.  The statement tells the hopefuls "your real competition is gone - come on down."
RR wants recruits to know Ryan is leaving and Petrino doesn't want our recruits to know that Ryan is looking at us?

This is great, the next few weeks ought to be fun. Of course classes starting up ought to give us some indication.

beansandtaters

Quote from: Mike_P on January 08, 2008, 02:29:55 pm
Then some seem to spend a lot of time trying to find out about something that likely won't be made public till February.

Answer to your question: Not if it's in the zoo!

Good point. Sometimes it's fun to speculate. Take the speculation out of Hogville and there's not much of a board.

Beaverfever

How could we keep it quiet.  It seems as though mallett will be enrolling at some school very soon.  Classes start in a week most places.

fu-man-soo

http://michigan.scout.com/2/718099.html

Regarding Ryan Mallett: "I believe he's going to transfer. I've talked to him a couple times ... I recruited him once, I recruited him twice ... after that ... if a guy doesn't want to stay, I wish him well and move on."

Razorbackmedic

He said the samething on Jim Rome today. Although he did say the offense would be changed to fit Mallett if he did stay.

Hawgon

If Mallet wasn't going to transfer, that interview pretty much shoves him out the door.

Tommy2Hog

LR Hog

Like a boss.

The real Hogules

Mallett is going to transfer and that has been the speculation for quite some time.

It would have been hard to take L. Carr's comments that Ryan Mallett had come to a decision, but he was going to let Ryan Mallett announce the decision himself.
And then Mallett doesn't see any action in UM's bowl game was a dead give away that the decision reached was to leave Michigan.

I honestly believe that Ryan is waiting to see where the ex-UM QB coach ends up, before he finalizes his decision on his destination to see if he'd like to follow him there.

While I hope he chooses Arkansas if Ryan Mallett and his family decide that UCLA or Tennessee are a better fit, or his father holds a grudge against the UofA, due to Nutt's stupidity then I will wish them all well no matter where Ryan ends up.

It's a matter of when R.M. transfers and not if.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

fu-man-soo

Mario Manningham and Adrian Arrington:

tiber

There's nothing to say that Mallett wouldn't / couldn't enroll at Michigan for the spring.  He's going to be sidelined for a year regardless, and if he's comfortable with the education situation it's not unheard of.

See Mustain at AR this past spring for example.

arkansas razorbacks

Why would we keep a 5 star QB transfering to u of a quiet? maybe its just me but wouldnt that help recruiting to be able to tell kids we've got a 5 star QB transfering in? we need all the help we can get in recruiting right now.

ml2200

If he dedides to come to AR, why would you keep it a secret?  I would think that could possilby sway some big-time players to take a look at the Hogs.

jgphillips3

You would keep it a secret so as not to lose one of your already committed QB prospects.  However, you are right that it would help with skill position players.

Jayhawg

Simply because it is against NCAA rules to comment on one at this time.
Quote from: arkansas razorbacks on January 08, 2008, 04:14:06 pm
Why would we keep a 5 star QB transfering to u of a quiet? maybe its just me but wouldnt that help recruiting to be able to tell kids we've got a 5 star QB transfering in? we need all the help we can get in recruiting right now.

Tomhog™

RR wants Terelle Pryor.  It's a good way to put a bug in his ear saying the RM will likely transfer. I've felt fairly certain he was leaving before this.  It's been long rumored that he doesn't like it up there.

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 08, 2008, 04:31:39 pm
RR wants Terelle Pryor.  It's a good way to put a bug in his ear saying the RM will likely transfer. I've felt fairly certain he was leaving before this.  It's been long rumored that he doesn't like it up there.

For what its worth, I don't like him up there either.

Come home Ryan!

gohawgsgo

I agree that if it happens then we could care less if it is kept quiet.  If it scares off a qb recruit, then we will adjust.  Youngblood will be a hog regardless.  Anyway, the positive impact of having that type of QB would help our recruiting far more than it would hurt it. ghg