Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Missouri game thread..

Started by Boarcephus, December 02, 2005, 07:12:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutt_Hate_Me

Has Heath ever heard of calling a TO,
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

34-26 at the half. missed a freakin tip in at the buzzer.

Nutt_Hate_Me

Way to play under the basket Townes, you almost reminded me of Larry Satchell, next time really clank it off the rim
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

pretty good first half. looked really good in all aspect except it got a little sloppy with the ball handling for a few spurts

Boarcephus

Hey hogfankb, you out of Jim Beam yet?  ;)   Still got lots of JD left!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hogfankb

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on December 02, 2005, 08:04:35 pm
Way to play under the basket Townes, you almost reminded me of Larry Satchell, next time really clank it off the rim

well atleast ferguson didn't throw it over the backboard. when he shot it i thought it might hit the rafters.

timeouts are overrated. ferguson was just gonna run as fast as he could down the court and throw it up no matter what play it was. but atleast if he would have called a TO and we made that tip in he could say he called that play

SwineFLU

Keep it coming guys, reading along here in Wichita.  OH, Thanks again FRANK for screwing all of us out-of-staters with "RAZORZONE"!!   :'(
SwineFLU

hogfankb

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 02, 2005, 08:06:52 pm
Hey hogfankb, you out of Jim Beam yet? ;) Still got lots of JD left!

Nope got a handle. I am good for a few more minutes. HA

swine o mine

what is it with heath's substitutions?  seems as though there is no pattern, guys do not have a chance to get into the flow of the game.

hogfankb

they said in the pregame jefferson had 16 assists to 2 TO's in the last two games. guess he felt like he should be more of a balanced player tonight

hogfankb

Quote from: swine o mine on December 02, 2005, 08:11:37 pm
what is it with heath's substitutions? seems as though there is no pattern, guys do not have a chance to get into the flow of the game.

i agree. i hope it is just him trying to feel out what the best combo of players. but i that is hard to do if you don't give them time to get in the flow. he has been very quick to yank someone after making a stupid pass.

Boarcephus

Wonder who the Boothead is holding in his lap?  Always liked the guy and felt sorry for him at the same time.  Had it tough growing up in Ft. Smith.  Has there ever been a better nickname than "Boothead"?  Nope, don't think so.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Nutt_Hate_Me

I think Bench or Game coaching is Heath's weakness, that's why I'm afraid we may get beat by some teams that we should beat just on the balance of talent.  It almost reminds me of HDN.  Is there a coherent game plan?  If so it seems like it unravels once the other team gets going or throws something unexpected at us.

When Missouri made their mini run at the end where was the time out to stop their momentum, and settle our guys down.
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

Quote from: Nutt_Hate_Me on December 02, 2005, 08:16:29 pm
I think Bench or Game coaching is Heath's weakness, that's why I'm afraid we may get beat by some teams that we should beat just on the balance of talent. It almost reminds me of HDN. Is there a coherent game plan? If so it seems like it unravels once the other team gets going or throws something unexpected at us.

When Missouri made their mini run at the end where was the time out to stop their momentum, and settle our guys down.

I think he will get better as a bench coach. i don't think he is bad now but you expect a school with arkansas tradition to not have someone still green to head coaching. i do think he is different than nutt though because i think he is willing to let his assistants help him in his weak areas.

hogfankb

modica moving/working great on the offensive end.

hogfankb

Nutt_Hate_Me

God that TO jefferson just made was horrid, basically just handed the MO guy the ball
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

38-30. shooting nothing but layups this half.

BushHawg

get this.  I've got Dish Network and pay $5.99 extra per month for the sports pack.  On my guide it showed the game tonight on Foxsports Midwest.  I tried to watch it and it said it was blacked out in my area.  I live in South Louisiana.  Tell me how this game should be blacked out for me.  Seriously does anyone know because the dude at Dish that I talked to didn't have a clue.  I think they just want you to buy the ESPN Fullcourt.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

hogfankb

Boarcephus

41-32, 13:35 left. hogs have the ball

Boarcephus

Modica is a different players this year.  Have to wonder if Olu got in his head that much. 

Nutt_Hate_Me

Quin should be calling a timeout now, probably too busy looking for his mirror and razor blade.
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

Boarcephus

Townes is making me believe he really did break Mournings shot block record in highschool.   Like they say, defense travels well. 

hogfankb

we aren't giving up any uncontested shots. that is about all you can ask for. townes 6 blocks

idochog

Arkansas needs to get back to its aggressiveness in attacking the goal.
I love Jesus!

hogfankb

hogfankb

we have had a few open 8 footers the last few times down and tried to pass

hogfankb

wow. dunk jefferson. great pass brewer

hogfankb

swine o mine

I hate this motion  offense crap,, I want hawgball!!!

nashvilletnhogfan

Why so many turnovers by Pookie?  Townes has some too.

hogfankb

pookie = TO machine

somehow managed to forget how to dribble after sophomore year.

Nutt_Hate_Me

Does this team lack a killer instinct? That past hog teams had,   14 point lead cut to 8 like that, seems like when we get some momentum we shoot ourselves in the foot.
It's great to be home.

hogfankb

timeout ark. 55-53 ark. what the crap.

Boarcephus

swine o mine

everytime we go to zone they make a run, our zone sucks

mossfan3

We are playing scared all of a sudden. 

Niels Boar

Shot distribution is interesting.  Brewer, Modica, and Townes are taking 75% of our FGAs.  That's probably a good thing.  I wish we had a pure arc shooter for a large portion of the other 25%, though.  Ferguson has had a ton of games against quality opponents in his career where he has taken and missed a bucketful of shots to the team's detriment.

hogfankb

is this team out of shape? seem to be standing around on offense now after working so hard before.

HeathHateMe

Heath calls a TO once it's tied, great job Stan.

Getting out coached by Quin Snyder is like getting out coached by Mike Shula.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

mossfan3

Modica takes shots that are totally out of the offensive scheme.

hogfankb

BloodRedHog

What the heck happened? SH lets them go on a 16-0 run before calling TO.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

idochog

This is the kind of win we need if we plan on going to NCAA
I love Jesus!

hogfankb

Quote from: HeathHateMe on December 02, 2005, 08:59:05 pm
Heath calls a TO once it's tied, great job Stan.

Getting out coached by Quin Snyder is like getting out coached by Mike Shula.

only took them 3 possessions to tie it up. since when can this team shoot

Niels Boar

Yeah, Modica has a tendency to take too many jumpers early in the shot clock, but he's 6 for 12 tonight.

hogfankb

Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 02, 2005, 09:01:19 pm
What the heck happened? SH lets them go on a 16-0 run before calling TO.

coming out of 3rd i believe. brewer makes front end of 1 & 1

hogfankb