Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Player

Started by corndo, December 01, 2005, 02:43:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 01, 2005, 05:17:33 pm
Put Beck, Sheppard, and Davor Rimac, And the curly headed guy who played lights out... former walk on.. and Pargo... he could shoot... :razorback:

There was a good walk on named Guy Whitney. He had one of the most exciting plays in our history. I remember this little white boy walkon dunking over 7'2 Mamadou N'diaye of Auburn.
That was so amazing.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

corndo

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 01, 2005, 05:21:39 pm
Who did you hate as a razorback... Well cringed .. Mine was Darnell Robinson

same here.

three

1. Corey Beck, heart and soul of one of the greatest teams in NCAA history.

2. Kareem Reid, surprised he hasn't gotten any mention, best statistical PG in school history (1st in career assists, 3rd in career steals, 1st in career SEC steals-Ronnie needs 74 steals in SEC games to pass him)

3. Pat Bradley-SEC career 3-point FGs leader

4. Scotty Thurman-without that shot, we don't win the NC

5.  Scott Hastings-his baseline turnaround J over Akeem (before he added the 'H" on his name) Olajuwon does not get enough pub, great shot to beat a great team!!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

three

Oh, and who did I hate, LEE WILSON.  They guy's probably running Lee's Lawncare down in Waco.

And I wasn't too fond of Dionisio Gomez, WTH!  And Ray Biggers, he was a joke!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

reddierazorback

Super Sid
Marvin Delph
Ronnie Brewer

(that is my first pick with Super Sid Being my favorite)

BIG "o"
Lee Mayberry
Todd Day

(2nd pick with Lee Mayberry Being my faviorite)

Corliss Williamson
Scotty Thurman
(3rd pick)
Go HOGS!

pfrg999

Famatumi  was a let down...waste of space
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

BloodRedHog

Forgotten man, but I liked Lenzie Howell. Worked hard on the court; grabbed rebounds and got trash buckets.

Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

corndo

Quote from: BloodRedHog on December 01, 2005, 05:57:59 pm
Forgotten man, but I liked Lenzie Howell. Worked hard on the court; grabbed rebounds and got trash buckets.

Another good call.

tophawg19

keith wilson man did he play defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ban0099

Oliver Miller and Todd Day are two favorites

OKC

Alvin Robertson, D. Walker, and Joe Kliene...with the edge going to Walker...oh and Ugene.

Sonofahog

Cannon Whitbey.   And the all time favorite of us all,  EUGENE NASH!!!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Hawg414

basically anybody on any of nolans teams (minus the last few years) bc he recruited (back when he still did that) a certain type of athlete and put them out on the floor... and bc we played different than anybody else had ever seen, they were all pretty much my favorite players. 

the players changed throughout the years.  only constant was nolan... and his style.  hard to narrow down a favorite to any particular person, bc i loved watching all of em. 

still gives me a sick feeling in my stomach the way it all ended with nolan.  in the end i agreed he needed to go... but man, when he still had that fire in his belly............................

Hawg414

and larry marks.  anybody remember that free throw he shot that hit the side of the backboard??  haha.

Jim Steele

Jim Counce.
Clint McDaniel.
Lee Mayberry.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

sg56

Super Sid
Corliss
Lee Mayberry
US Reed
Damn we've had some good players! :razorback:

Porquemada

Willie Cutts (I didn't like Eddie Sutton either) and Clint McDaniel.

brooks74

brooks74

HawgLover08

I liked Brandon Dean.  Very exiting little man, who could really get up. :razorback:

jeffshogs

Lenzie Howell and Darrell Walker
Get your bird dog butt up and down the court!

Hawgzilla

Dean Tolson   stud rebounder.i can remember listening to him play in the 70's.......Living in Texarkana,i don't know how i picked up the games......... ;D

fatman423

Joe-T

Super Sid then Dean Tolson

ledhead830

Dwight Stewart. A tall, fat guy that could hit the three.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

Geohul

Justin Hankins, Reggie Merrit, Glendon Alexander  my top 3  :puke:

pharm

Darrel Hawkins...Tomahawkins by far the best dunker..

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

That "Boot" shooting the jumper -

RE-BOOT!!

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hoghead

Sidney " Good Grief" Moncrief!! He was the SWC's Michael Jordan in his prime. There was nothing any school could do with him. Still the "best" Hoop Hog ever!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Patch on December 01, 2005, 04:09:41 pm
Jason Jennings Jason Gilbert Scotty Thurman. He was clutch.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

PennHOG

I always loved watching Kareem Reed.  It was like watching a playground pick up game with the little guy at the point.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: PennHOG on December 02, 2005, 11:11:47 am
I always loved watching Kareem Reed. It was like watching a playground pick up game with the little guy at the point.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

A-Town Hog Fan

Darrell Hawkins, Lenzie Howell, Davor Rimac
Lord help us all!

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

luke25

Brandon Dean, Pat Bradley, Al Dillard, Scotty Thurman

Foshodo

Kareem Reid, Pat Bradley, Derek Hood, Nicky Davis...

i wasnt old enough to TRULY appreciate the 94 team to the level they deserved... so to me, the above team was the one that got me to love the hogs.

yraciv

Pat Bradley, Joe Johnson, Al Dillard, Kareem Reid, and Jannero Pargo in that order!

clemensrules01

beck and thurman. hood and dean get honorable mention for their dunking ability. beck was the toughest player we ever had and thurman hit the biggest shot in the history of arkansas basketball.