Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting Thursday: Future Hog Dorian Gerald tells the exact moment of decision

Started by Richard Davenport, February 15, 2018, 11:20:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

The NewEra

Richard that was an enjoyable interview with Dorian.  It was a good program from start to finish last night.  Well done!

Richard Davenport

Quote from: The NewEra on February 16, 2018, 10:51:00 am
Richard that was an enjoyable interview with Dorian.  It was a good program from start to finish last night.  Well done!

Thanks. Good guests make for a good show. We had that last night.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 16, 2018, 06:40:19 pm
RD, real talk, that might be the BEST recruiting Thursday interview yet~!~

Thanks. Dorian is an impressive young man.

Swestwill66

I think there are some people on hogville that don't understand how big of a deal Dorian is. They see 3 star and that's it. As P.I.P has tried to make them understand,there is a big difference between a high 3 and low 3 star. He was the best de coming out of JC.
  Before the end of next year I think they will get it. He is going to be a monster in Chavis's defense.

Hoggish1

Flrazrback

Well done Richard, your top notch just like Dorian. Enjoyed this interview VERY much.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Swestwill66 on February 16, 2018, 10:00:05 pm
I think there are some people on hogville that don't understand how big of a deal Dorian is. They see 3 star and that's it. As P.I.P has tried to make them understand,there is a big difference between a high 3 and low 3 star. He was the best de coming out of JC.
  Before the end of next year I think they will get it. He is going to be a monster in Chavis's defense.
agreed. to me he is equal to Agim, and shows some 5* kids just havent quite developed enough in HS for that type rating. Gonna be NASTY with those 2 @ DE the next 2 years.

moto625

What was is his high school star rating? Star matter 🤩 big pick up WPS

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The thing that sticks out to me is the lack of coverage our wild assed fan base has gotten nationally. I have a feeling that Morris and Company are going to get the word out and their will be fewer and fewer recruits surprised by our facilities, fans and NWA area in general. I have been saying for years that we have everything needed to compete with anyone else. It's just been a secret...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Freebrd

That was a wonderful interview and he sounds like a well-grounded individual WITH the support of his family.  The support of a a child's parents is SO important.  They CAN overcome it but it takes someone else coming in and filling that void.  Mr Gerald said that his father asked him to not tell him-just pick what made him happy.  That was so unlike Jacob Copeland's mother and Alex Collins' mother.  One can see on Mr Copeland's face how hurt he was when his mother walked out of his ceremony after he chose florida over alabama and tennessee.
Best of everything Mr Gerald, and Mr Copeland.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 17, 2018, 11:27:14 am
The thing that sticks out to me is the lack of coverage our wild assed fan base has gotten nationally. I have a feeling that Morris and Company are going to get the word out and their will be fewer and fewer recruits surprised by our facilities, fans and NWA area in general. I have been saying for years that we have everything needed to compete with anyone else. It's just been a secret...

Will be tough to overcome. Kid and parents have to see for themselves.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 16, 2018, 10:34:43 pm
WOW, just WOWWWWW!  This segment is a must listen and should be played for every kid we're recruiting.  Great job, Richard!

Thanks. A young man like Dorian makes it easy.

farmhawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 17, 2018, 11:27:14 am
They will come when they see the progress a working staff can produce.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Tejano Jawg

Great interview, and yeah, DG sounds like a super kid. Very sharp and very grounded. That was pretty wild though, hearing his decision was on-the-spot, or close to it (even though Arkansas had been in his head for awhile).

And I'm a little surprised he didn't know what the hog call was. He'll enjoy hearing the real thing, full blast, next Fall.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Richard Davenport

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on February 21, 2018, 01:48:39 pm
Great interview, and yeah, DG sounds like a super kid. Very sharp and very grounded. That was pretty wild though, hearing his decision was on-the-spot, or close to it (even though Arkansas had been in his head for awhile).

And I'm a little surprised he didn't know what the hog call was. He'll enjoy hearing the real thing, full blast, next Fall.

He visited mid-week so he didn't get the usual Catfish Hole reception.