Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rose Bowl pregame

Started by RebelliousHog, January 01, 2018, 04:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

ESPN bias. If Georgia was blowing OU out they would be telestrating the key plays and Pollack would be gloating. Sec team is having its hat handed to them so we get to watch the band.
This is fun, isn't it.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 01, 2018, 05:51:57 pm
OU can't stop the run so Chaney kills drives trying to throw. Brilliance !!!

Yep, typical Chaney.  Georgia averaging like 70 yards per rush, o-line is getting a 10 yard push every play, and on the one drive after they ran from like their 2 to midfield on the first play, they then threw three straight passes and punted.

Good lord.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 06:00:35 pm
Bama is.  A shame to waste the great backs like Uga and Bama have.  But it's what is wanted. 

Bama isn't doing anything like OU is.  They don't have the QB to do it.  If I'm OU, I'm rooting hard for Bama to upset Clemson tonight. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Science Fiction Greg

OU is exactly the type of band that would play freaking West Side Story at the Rose Bowl.  What's next, Proud Mary?
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:00:56 pm
ESPN bias. If Georgia was blowing OU out they would be telestrating the key plays and Pollack would be gloating. Sec team is having its hat handed to them so we get to watch the band.

Probably so.  Dang Hawkeyes!!! 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2018, 06:03:28 pm
Bama isn't doing anything like OU is.  They don't have the QB to do it.  If I'm OU, I'm rooting hard for Bama to upset Clemson tonight.

Bama has gone to an RPO qb and the spread.  Hurts isn't good at passing but they are still heading that direction no matter.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2018, 06:03:28 pm

You want OU to win the championship because of the offense they run? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Oliver

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 01, 2018, 05:51:06 pm
31-17, oliver.  Are you premature at everything?

You should know

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 06:06:42 pm
Bama has gone to an RPO qb and the spread.  Hurts isn't good at passing but they are still heading that direction no matter.

Yes, I know they're attempting to transition, but haven't gotten close to the level of OU.  I'm sure they'll get there eventually, and if they do, then huge advantage over the likes of OU.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 06:08:09 pm
You want OU to win the championship because of the offense they run? 

No, why would I?

Oliver

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:00:56 pm

Don't know how much he hyped up UGA pre-game, but Pollack is going to have a really bad day

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oliver on January 01, 2018, 06:13:01 pm
Don't know how much he hyped up UGA pre-game, but Pollack is going to have a really bad day

Nothing more makeup won't fix.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 01, 2018, 06:11:22 pm
No, why would I?

From your replies to me today you seem to be selling some form of these offenses hard.  Thought it may be some pro Morris thing.  Just asked. I'll tell you where I'm coming from. I hate OU.  Always have. And will be pulling for Clemson next week if that is the matchup. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Oliver on January 01, 2018, 06:13:01 pm

Pollack is an arrogant ass.  Even worse towards Arkansas. 

LRRandy

The stop they needed. Score here and Ga is back in it.
This is fun, isn't it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 06:14:25 pm
From your replies to me today you seem to be selling some form of these offenses hard.  Thought it may be some pro Morris thing.  Just asked. I'll tell you where I'm coming from. I hate OU.  Always have. And will be pulling for Clemson next week if that is the matchup. 
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 01, 2018, 06:14:25 pm

No, I'm just acknowledging that OU's offense is absolutely stellar led by arguably the best player in college football playing the most important position.  Smart isn't there yet with UGA in general. 

But in today's game, one can never have enough offense.  The difference is still, and always will be, defense. 

I am pro Morris just because he's our new HC.  Willing to give him a couple seasons to show us something.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:20:20 pm

1 play, 1 TD.

LRRandy

Wow. Great run. What a game
This is fun, isn't it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:20:20 pm

If Chaney was told to stop being a dumbass then they have a great chance.  They are losing this game because of him and his quick possession on offense instead of using the run game
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

RaisinHog

I believe Chubb is the best running back since dmac .. he is a freak

TNhawgfan

If chaney had run the ball more the first half, this score would be different
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Capt. Hamm

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:22:58 pm
Wow. Great run. What a game

Great run highlighted by piss poor tackling.

TNhawgfan

When is GA going to get that turnover they are due?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 01, 2018, 06:25:01 pm
When is GA going to get that turnover they are due?

I think they'll need a couple to pull this out.

thebignasty

lol Chubb 7 carries for about 150 yards.  Georgia probably should keep it on the ground.

Bubba's Bruisers

Well, fantastic defensive stand that time.

LRRandy

Ga playing with passion. Good stop.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 01, 2018, 06:24:48 pm
Great run highlighted by piss poor tackling.
you're right, poor tackling. He is so strong though.
This is fun, isn't it.

HiggiePiggy

Yeah. This game is far from over.  Good job Oklahoma on giving them that small chance of hope at the half.  Only reason they are ahead is because of Chaney not because of your defense.  They had only 11 runs in the first half becauce Chaney is an idiot. 

TNhawgfan

If they tie it up here, that stadium will come unglued

alohawg

Patty cake patty cake Baker's down.....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HamboFirstBlood

Looks like Smart may have made some halftime adjustments. That's a novel idea. Wish someone could have passed on this new found concept to BB.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 01, 2018, 06:30:30 pm
Looks like Smart may have made some halftime adjustments. That's a novel idea. Wish someone could have passed on this new found concept to BB.

It was pretty simple.  Smart calls up Cheny.  Hey man you want to keep your damn job you better start using our best players more often on offense and stop these short possessions. 

alohawg

Shoulda been an easy 1st, really dumb.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

PonderinHog

Good stop by GA's right tackle.

alohawg

Actually it was a stupid cut by the rb.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TNhawgfan

Fantastic special teams play

TNhawgfan

Quote from: alohawg on January 01, 2018, 06:35:32 pm
Agreed. He had it easy going upfield

Bubba's Bruisers

yeah, have to agree that was on the back. 

PonderinHog

I know, but he wasn't getting by his tackle.

PonderinHog

Two big third down plays.

Bubba's Bruisers

UGA starting to get consistent pressure now.  Making a real difference.

TNhawgfan

I should like an undersized qb that wasn't highly rated winning the heisman BUT I can't stand mayfield

LRRandy

Knee to the ribs. Classy tackling technique
This is fun, isn't it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LRRandy on January 01, 2018, 06:47:55 pm
Knee to the ribs. Classy tackling technique

Tis football. 

PonderinHog

Bubba's Bruisers

Dang, I thought Oliver said OU's pass D sucked, but the run D was pretty decent?

alohawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 01, 2018, 06:37:45 pm
I know, but he wasn't getting by his tackle.

Lol, it was funny.....what you said.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

LRRandy

New game. The holes are amazing. The OU d is nonexistant
This is fun, isn't it.