Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barnes> Anderson

Started by checkraiser88, December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

I'm so confused?? Anderson is 7-2 against Barnes in his career? Like wth this thread don't even make sense
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

checkraiser88

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 30, 2017, 07:37:40 pm
Just checking threads to see how excited fans were about the win today. What a bunch of miserable a-holes some of you are.

1.  Great fans support the team and coach lift them up help turn the tide and realize BBall is a long season and one loss doesn't mean much. Help team stay positive and ready to kick A next game.

2. Then there are is the minority we see here like the OP. Honest to God I bet money you just wait for the first sign of struggle so you can bag on Mike and the team. Just a horrible POS. You aren't a fan just a sorry a$$. Go follow another team. Seriously this $hit gets so old. I'd say the same thing to you if the Hogs had lost but I'm glad they won so you could eat your words and be exposed for the total jack a$$ that you are. Do everyone a favor and STFU or wait until they actually lose to post your crap. I know that's hard for you because you are sitting by your keyboard just waiting for a missed shot or an errant pass.

Calm down bro, my post history has very rarely hated on Anderson. I made a stupid thread during the game when I was pissed, I should of posted in the game thread. I'm sorry that I upset people on here :/

Kevin

Just wish we would stop switching the high ball screen, and putting our bigs on a island vs the other teams guards.

Tenner should have never left that set
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PonderinHog

December 30, 2017, 07:44:33 pm #103 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 07:56:27 pm by PonderinHog
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 30, 2017, 07:37:40 pm
Just checking threads to see how excited fans were about the win today. What a bunch of miserable a-holes some of you are.

1.  Great fans support the team and coach lift them up help turn the tide and realize BBall is a long season and one loss doesn't mean much. Help team stay positive and ready to kick A next game.

2. Then there are is the minority we see here like the OP. Honest to God I bet money you just wait for the first sign of struggle so you can bag on Mike and the team. Just a horrible POS. You aren't a fan just a sorry a$$. Go follow another team. Seriously this $hit gets so old. I'd say the same thing to you if the Hogs had lost but I'm glad they won so you could eat your words and be exposed for the total jack a$$ that you are. Do everyone a favor and STFU or wait until they actually lose to post your crap. I know that's hard for you because you are sitting by your keyboard just waiting for a missed shot or an errant pass.

Oops, wrong thread!

BrooklynRoss

I know it's a late addition, but this is turning into the stupid post of the year. It's almost beautiful in its stupidity.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

1hawgballer2

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 30, 2017, 01:41:02 pm
man wonder, why texas ran ole Rick "Money" Barne$ off...

Comments - Simple as it relates to significant wins vs losses, it appears he wasn't meeting UT's standards. In addition to A&M, Baylor, and TCU being the leading schools as it relates to recruiting, in that order. on another side note Barne's at Tennessee still haven't beaten Mike here at Arkansas although he has assembled a damn good team this season they won't lose many more games this season

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Dirty

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 07:39:59 pm
Calm down bro, my post history has very rarely hated on Anderson. I made a stupid thread during the game when I was pissed, I should of posted in the game thread. I'm sorry that I upset people on here :/

Good lord.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone admit to both of those things.  Bravo.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 07:39:59 pm

Kudos

Deep Shoat

I see two groups of idiots here.

Those who don't know games aren't over at halftime, and those who think criticizing the coach means racism.

Can both of you stop being ass hats?
All Gas, No Brakes!

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 31, 2017, 10:49:04 am

Those who don't know games aren't over at halftime, and those who think criticizing the coach means racism.

I'm starting to see a third.

hawgbawb

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 02:17:30 pm
The one thing Mike did well today was manage Gafford to where he was available down the stretch.  Huge difference in winning.
Yep he had 3 fouls pretty quickly, but managed to play most of the second half, and once Tennessee started fouling out their big guys, it was pretty much over.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Fan701

Interesting take from the Tennessee side:  https://allfortennessee.com/2017/12/30/tennessee-basketball-5-takeaways-vols-arkansas/
This Tennessee writer seems to think Barnes did a terrible job.  Geez, you come to BWA and face maybe the best Arkansas team since '95.  You lead all the way, get just nipped at the end, and you're now an idiot.  Truth is that Barnes is very good.  Anderson is very good, too, and has a big advantage over Barnes in the games they've faced each other over the years.  As for the criticism of Barnes for telling Darrington to make the free throw with 1.5 seconds left, I assume his calculation was that there was a higher percentage of getting a steal on the inbounds and making a two than there was of getting the rebound of the missed free throw and making a three.  Either choice was a long shot chance with 1.5 seconds left, and the criticism of Barnes on this strikes me as unfair.  Tennessee is good, played a great game, and fell just short.

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 03:18:01 pm
What a win!! I'll eat my crow! Also, Oklahoma just beat a top 10 TCU team on the road!

ok good, you owned it

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 01:37:38 pm
Bottom line in this game
I always knew, but now I have proof... smfh
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

bphi11ips

Perfect example of why people shouldn't post during a game.

There's a reason why Tennessee came in ranked 19. They're good. So are we.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Hogeye_Pierce

December 31, 2017, 12:49:10 pm #119 Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:48:10 pm by Hogeye_Pierce
Quote from: Fan701 on December 31, 2017, 11:07:40 am
Interesting take from the Tennessee side:  https://allfortennessee.com/2017/12/30/tennessee-basketball-5-takeaways-vols-arkansas/
This Tennessee writer seems to think Barnes did a terrible job.  Geez, you come to BWA and face maybe the best Arkansas team since '95.  You lead all the way, get just nipped at the end, and you're now an idiot.  Truth is that Barnes is very good.  Anderson is very good, too, and has a big advantage over Barnes in the games they've faced each other over the years.  As for the criticism of Barnes for telling Darrington to make the free throw with 1.5 seconds left, I assume his calculation was that there was a higher percentage of getting a steal on the inbounds and making a two than there was of getting the rebound of the missed free throw and making a three.  Either choice was a long shot chance with 1.5 seconds left, and the criticism of Barnes on this strikes me as unfair.  Tennessee is good, played a great game, and fell just short.

I don't agree with his criticisms of Barnes (who I thought did a great job of giving TN a chance to win in OT by, for instance, playing Hack-a-Shaq on Gafford). He has some other valid points, though, like how their best FT shooter inexplicably misses one of his last 2 attempts which cost TN the chance to win in regulation. Tough game to lose from their perspective but they still haven't figured out how to close games apparently.
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

trippigs

Tired of this guy so moved him to my ignore list

Hoggish1

I think Barnes is a good coach.  His team played as well as they possibly could yesterday and it was close. 

We thought, with that crowd, we'd just roll it out there and blow them away.  Had we shot well and not made stupid turnovers they would have blown UT out.
But we shoot poorly, sometimes made one to many extra passes, turned it over and played our sloppiest game of the year after Houston.  Got to come out focused each game and take nothing for granted.

Ray Piggers

Too bad there's 40 minutes in a game. Otherwise... spot on.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Rome26

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 31, 2017, 05:01:43 pm
I think Barnes is a good coach.  His team played as well as they possibly could yesterday and it was close. 

We thought, with that crowd, we'd just roll it out there and blow them away.  Had we shot well and not made stupid turnovers they would have blown UT out.
But we shoot poorly, sometimes made one to many extra passes, turned it over and played our sloppiest game of the year after Houston.  Got to come out focused each game and take nothing for granted.

We actually shot the ball well. I'll take 54% from the field and 40% from the three every single game. What hurt us was the turnovers, FT's and 2nd chance points. It seemed like UT scored on everyone of our TO's.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rome26 on December 31, 2017, 06:13:02 pm
We actually shot the ball well. I'll take 54% from the field and 40% from the three every single game. What hurt us was the turnovers, FT's and 2nd chance points. It seemed like UT scored on everyone of our TO's.
May have seemed like it, but...

Quote* Hogs lost rebs (41-34), but won pts-in-paint (38-30) & stayed even on 2nd-chance-pts (11 each). Hogs barely won TOs (14-12) thanks to some late wear-&-tear that finally caught up w/Vols, but UA nearly doubled up pts-off-TOs (18-10). Crazy stat: Vols dominated bench scoring (33-5)

farmhawg

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 30, 2017, 07:39:03 pm
I'm so confused?? Anderson is 7-2 against Barnes in his career? Like wth this thread don't even make sense
Op doesn't make sense....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: trippigs on December 31, 2017, 03:44:16 pm
Tired of this guy so moved him to my ignore list
Smart guy, most of us want to see stupidly continue....
From theflyinghog

KlubhouseKonnected

Bottom line in this game

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 31, 2017, 01:04:11 pm
The anti-Mike Anderson crowd is possibly the most butt-tarded demographic of Arkansas.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ChitownHawg

Bottom line in this game

Hmm. So you are saying the losing coach is better than the winning coach? With that logic we never should have fired CBB as he was out coaching a lot of others.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 30, 2017, 01:45:14 pm
What's Mike done since his last Sweet 16 somewhere else? Not much.

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 31, 2017, 01:04:11 pm
The anti-Mike Anderson crowd is possibly the most butt-tarded demographic of Arkansas.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 30, 2017, 04:40:39 pm
Thank you for telling me how to use my american rights, I should of just posted in the game thread I guess lol

You have a god given right to your own ignorance. Truly spoken. Go forth and make Arkansas great again.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Deep Shoat on December 31, 2017, 10:49:04 am

We have lots of racists that really want a good reason to bitch about Anderson. A good tell tale sign is the ones that keep bitching about Anderson when there clearly is no good reason to do so.

They know they can't say the real reason they are against him so they just hop from day to day searching for a different thing to use a s a decoy motivation.

If you don't believe that there is a very vocal minority of people whose biggest, albeit not publicly admitted, problem with Anderson is his race then you are either amazingly naive, willfully obtuse, or a third option that I am not accusing you of being.

checkraiser88

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 31, 2017, 07:00:28 pm
We have lots of racists that really want a good reason to bitch about Anderson. A good tell tale sign is the ones that keep bitching about Anderson when there clearly is no good reason to do so.

They know they can't say the real reason they are against him so they just hop from day to day searching for a different thing to use a s a decoy motivation.

If you don't believe that there is a very vocal minority of people whose biggest, albeit not publicly admitted, problem with Anderson is his race then you are either amazingly naive, willfully obtuse, or a third option that I am not accusing you of being.

Wow so I'm a racist now because of a negative thread about the HC during the game

Birminghog

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 31, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
Wow so I'm a racist now because of a negative thread about the HC during the game

Not necessarily

theFlyingHog

Call me naive. I haven't seen racism here and I can't fathom someone not liking a coach because of his race. CMA plays a style I love and he's winning, that's all I care about(winning>style, to make that clear).

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: checkraiser88 on December 31, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
You gotta admit there's no legitimate reason to think Barnes is a better coach than Mike. Mike owns him. Or you can just admit that you don't know basketball at all and you don't undrstand the fact that's it's a game of runs. And it was juvenile to start the thread when we were within 10 points the entire ballgame.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 31, 2017, 09:07:49 pm
Call me naive. I haven't seen racism here and I can't fathom someone not liking a coach because of his race. CMA plays a style I love and he's winning, that's all I care about(winning>style, to make that clear).

You are naive

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 01, 2018, 05:55:36 pm
You gotta admit there's no legitimate reason to think Barnes is a better coach than Mike. Mike owns him. Or you can just admit that you don't know basketball at all and you don't undrstand the fact that's it's a game of runs. And it was juvenile to start the thread when we were within 10 points the entire ballgame.

Exactly

Ugly Uncle

Anderson can and does coaches circles around Barnes.  Barnes is terrible. I went back and re-watched the second half.  The OT?  Seriously, you are just going to have that guy make that last free throw?  You give up right there.

Anyway, Barnes is a joke and there might be three coaches in the country I would take above Anderson.
Retired Radio Host