Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Leblanc (Tues, 9/12 update) ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 12, 2017, 01:43:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

As of now, '18 Hog offer Josh Leblanc is planning to visit LSU wknd of Sept 22-24. He told me he's "100% not committing" anywhere before that visit, but obviously in recruiting things can change very quickly. He plans to sign on his birthday, which falls during the mid-Nov early signing period. BUT, he told me he may commit well before the signing period gets here, hence his statement last night that "decisions will be made soon."

Awhile back when I broke the news that Leblanc and Embery were setting up a visit to Fayetteville at the same time (weekend of Aug. 25), Josh was telling me he'd BOTH commit and sign on his birthday, then a bit later he told me he wasn't sure if he would sign early, then later he said he likely would, and now it appears as though a decision is near.

So, what he originally said about committing and signing on his birthday has changed to still signing on birthday, but announcing much sooner. At least, that is where he is right now. Here are the tweets ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/907672813947047944

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/907673440676728832

Hawg Red

Razorod

If Days and Archie commit, it will be a crowded front-court.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Razorod on September 12, 2017, 06:20:13 pm
If Days and Archie commit, it will be a crowded front-court.

If he were committing today, I'm not so sure Leblanc would be going to LSU. Fluid situation.

NWAHog479

Leblanc is a stud, get him to the Basketball Palace of Mid-America!

hogwood

With Naz Reid slated to be the #1 option for Wade, it seems he would be more interested in a place that has made him their top priority. It could be hard to overcome that hometown factor though. Not sure of A&Ms depth chart at the 4, but I think we can clearly offer a good amount of PT even if we get Chaney.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on September 14, 2017, 10:03:07 am
With Naz Reid slated to be the #1 option for Wade, it seems he would be more interested in a place that has made him their top priority. It could be hard to overcome that hometown factor though. Not sure of A&Ms depth chart at the 4, but I think we can clearly offer a good amount of PT even if we get Chaney.

Here's what I have for A&M at the forward spots:

Isiah Jasey - 6'9, 200 (FR) - Consensus 3-star, national top 300
Savion Flagg - 6'6, 190 (FR) - Consensus 4-star, national top 60
John Walker III - 6'8, 190 (FR) - Consensus 3-star, national top 400
D.J. Hogg - 6'9, 215 (JR)
Josh Nebo - 6'8, 215 (JR) (Transfer from St. Francis (PA); sitting out this season)

They have 3 big men than I'm not including (Robert Williams, Tyler Davis, Tony Trocha-Morelos) as well.

For 2018 recruiting, they have no players committed. They made the final 12 for Khavon Moore out of Macon, GA (6'8, 187) but he has all 5 crystal ball picks for UF. They're after Miller Kopp out of Houston (6'6, 200) and it looks he he visited there this weekend, though someone who put a crystal ball pick in for on 9/6 for Northwestern. Looks like they are heavily in the mix for Jaedon LeDee, also of Houston. He's 6'7, 230 and 4-star in the top 100-125 range with several crystal ball picks for A&M (though from middle-to-later August). They also made the final 8 for Reggie Chaney (along with the Hogs).

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 14, 2017, 11:12:47 am
Here's what I have for A&M at the forward spots:

Isiah Jasey - 6'9, 200 (FR) - Consensus 3-star, national top 300
Savion Flagg - 6'6, 190 (FR) - Consensus 4-star, national top 60
John Walker III - 6'8, 190 (FR) - Consensus 3-star, national top 400
D.J. Hogg - 6'9, 215 (JR)
Josh Nebo - 6'8, 215 (JR) (Transfer from St. Francis (PA); sitting out this season)

They have 3 big men than I'm not including (Robert Williams, Tyler Davis, Tony Trocha-Morelos) as well.

For 2018 recruiting, they have no players committed. They made the final 12 for Khavon Moore out of Macon, GA (6'8, 187) but he has all 5 crystal ball picks for UF. They're after Miller Kopp out of Houston (6'6, 200) and it looks he he visited there this weekend, though someone who put a crystal ball pick in for on 9/6 for Northwestern. Looks like they are heavily in the mix for Jaedon LeDee, also of Houston. He's 6'7, 230 and 4-star in the top 100-125 range with several crystal ball picks for A&M (though from middle-to-later August). They also made the final 8 for Reggie Chaney (along with the Hogs).

Well we definitely don't have that kind of depth at the 3/4.

Adrio Bailey 6'6"
Gabe Osabuohien 6'8"
Ethan Henderson 6'8"

And then we have Gafford at the 5. Seems to me LeBlanc could legitimately be starting here within 2 years based on his talent level and the lack of deep competition for PT at his position.

mhuff

Can Chaney and LeBlanc both play the three

Dominicanhog

Quote from: mhuff on September 14, 2017, 01:15:33 pm

not sure either can... more likely Chaney could slide to the 5 in a small lineup...

mhuff

I want them in the lineup together at the 3 and 4.

hogwood

Quote from: mhuff on September 14, 2017, 01:15:33 pm

Not sure Chaney can, but pretty confident LeBlanc could develop into a good 3. IMO that would be in the best interest of the staff if you're really looking to utilize LeBlanc's athleticism. We could be super versatile with our 3's and 4's with LeBlanc bridging a gap - Henderson too.

4's - Henderson, Bailey, LeBlanc, Chaney, Osabuohien
3's - Hall, LeBlanc, Henderson, Garland

Our lineup sizes could really range and throw other teams off and adjust to play against anyone. Lethal Mike Anderson depth right there.

Pinto

Quote from: hogwood on September 14, 2017, 08:47:23 pm
Not sure Chaney can, but pretty confident LeBlanc could develop into a good 3. IMO that would be in the best interest of the staff if you're really looking to utilize LeBlanc's athleticism. We could be super versatile with our 3's and 4's with LeBlanc bridging a gap - Henderson too.

4's - Henderson, Bailey, LeBlanc, Chaney, Osabuohien
3's - Hall, LeBlanc, Henderson, Garland

Our lineup sizes could really range and throw other teams off and adjust to play against anyone. Lethal Mike Anderson depth right there.

Ethan Henderson cant play the 3. Gabe is more of a 3 than him. You can also slide Isaiah Joe to the 3

hogwood

Quote from: Pinto on September 14, 2017, 08:51:59 pm
Ethan Henderson cant play the 3. Gabe is more of a 3 than him. You can also slide Isaiah Joe to the 3

IMO Ethan could. Gabe can be put there too. Joe as well in a shorter/offensive lineup. The point is flexibility.

Pinto

Ethan would play the 5 better than he could play the 3

batmanfan

Crazy idea but what if all 4 of our top targets want to come to Ark?  They all seem like different players who will play different positions...do you take all four and let the numbers "work themselves out" or donwe stop at three?  Obviously a reach here I know but just wondering
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

King Kong

Quote from: batmanfan on September 14, 2017, 09:19:37 pm
Crazy idea but what if all 4 of our top targets want to come to Ark?  They all seem like different players who will play different positions...do you take all four and let the numbers "work themselves out" or donwe stop at three?  Obviously a reach here I know but just wondering

Just my opinion MA won't take all 4 and let the numbers workout. Which is consistent with the strategy he has operated with in the pasted.

IMO they want Embrey at the combo, Phillips at the wing and first to commit from LeBlanc and Chaney.

MakingPlays

Quote from: King Kong on September 14, 2017, 10:17:52 pm
IMO they want Embrey at the combo, Phillips at the wing and first to commit from LeBlanc and Chaney.

I agree with this.

Also looks like they have Hellums in the mix in case they miss on LeBlanc or Chaney, RD was reporting they did an in home visit with him yesterday.