Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There are still people supporting CBB and that

Started by cjack, November 04, 2017, 10:51:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

greenEGnHAWGS

I was not a HV member during the Nutt years and followed it a little during the Petrino years, but it just seems like everyone is divided on every topic at hand. Besides the majority of fans agreeing that CBB needs to go (when there are still some that want him to stay...and have at least somewhat logical reasons), everyone thinks different about everything.

Has it ever been like this before?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

mj4president

Childs please/play compared to the Nutt years. It used to get rowdy during those days.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

go hogues

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 05, 2017, 09:26:36 pm
I was not a HV member during the Nutt years and followed it a little during the Petrino years, but it just seems like everyone is divided on every topic at hand. Besides the majority of fans agreeing that CBB needs to go (when there are still some that want him to stay...and have at least somewhat logical reasons), everyone thinks different about everything.

Lol
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NuttinItUp

I don't think the fanbase is all that divided. Most everyone thinks Bielema should go.

InHOGuration Ball

Stick around....next 4 weeks are going to be "history making".   

tusksincolorado

I released a LOT of angry during that time....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 05, 2017, 09:33:13 pm
I don't think the fanbase is all that divided. Most everyone thinks Bielema should go.

You did read the OP, right...? I said this.

31to6

I don't really think we are that divided.

It would be more correct to say that we are in various levels of discontent.

I don't know of any Hog fan who thinks our team and program is where it should be.

hawg1221

I agree.

sickboy

This is child's play compared to the Gus Malzahn, Springdale 5, darksider vs nutt hugger years.

hoglady

The fan base was more divided during Nutt's tenure - he kept a base of fans that wanted him to stay and there was a large contingent of "darksiders",

Not as much division over wanting Bielema fired - fan base seems pretty united on that issue.
Now if Long decides to keep him for another year - I think much of the fan base will blow a gasket and it will probably get uglier against the admin and coaching staff than anything we saw with Nutt.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cylinder

Like mediocrity, a divided fanbase would be an upgrade for this staff.

HogCzar1

Quote from: hawg1221 on November 05, 2017, 09:36:56 pm
I agree.

I also agree. I don't sense a divided fan base. I sense a fan base that is furious that our football program has become such a train wreck. And the perception that many decision makers seem to be asleep at the wheel.

Pork Twain

This is NOWHERE close to the HDN/Gus period.

CBB needs to go and I think most of us, even those of us that have held out hope the longest, agree that needs to happen.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

LRrazorback

Who remembers the black shirts at the games?  Good times, ha

greenEGnHAWGS

So, whether CBB needs to go or stay isn't my point of my OP as I even stated that. I was the one who started that poll last week to see that most like CBB but still want him gone. So, I don't think that's an issue here.

It just seems like in every thread, there is vehement accusations over the smallest of things.

Three and Snout

Quote from: hoglady on November 05, 2017, 09:39:31 pm
The fan base was more divided during Nutt's tenure - he kept a base of fans that wanted him to stay and there was a large contingent of "darksiders",

Not as much division over wanting Bielema fired - fan base seems pretty united on that issue.
Now if Long decides to keep him for another year - I think much of the fan base will blow a gasket and it will probably get uglier against the admin and coaching staff than anything we saw with Nutt.

Truth right here.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Three and Snout

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 05, 2017, 09:49:09 pm
It just seems like in every thread, there is vehement accusations over the smallest of things.

Way dumber darn was said during Nutt's final seasons.  And more volume of darn.

Porkchop#1

Exactly...not sure where the OP thinks there's any division.  It's beyond obvious CBB has to go.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

We aren't divided at all. We're all united in getting rid of BB. You definitely don't remember the Nutt years. The darksiders and flying banner days, now that was divided!

Cylinder

There's a large supply of anger. If B goes bowling and is retained, that will rival the darkest days of HDN. Hopefully we will never find out.

Cylinder

I just interpret divided to mean the coach still has a sizable measure of vocal support -- like Pel the season before his firing.

HognotinMemphis

Hell, even Bielema agrees he needs to go. This is no division among Hog fans now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig In The City

Idk how you see fan base as divided on this issue. This one is a no brainer.

WilsonHog

I think perhaps he is extrapolating a divided fan base from the way posters talk to each other in threads.

Augustus

LOL welcome to Hogville

Cylinder

There's probably a division in mechanics and replacements.

If it were up to me, I would have him packing boxes at 6 AM Monday to send a message to potential candidates that Arkansas is committed to doing those things -- even the hard things -- to create an atmosphere of success.

Others very strongly disagree and think his reputation as a nice guy kind of merits more respect.

hoglady

I don't care how they get rid of him / whether it's during the season or the day after the season ends.
I just think his days as Head Hog need to end this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pork Twain

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 05, 2017, 09:49:09 pm
So, whether CBB needs to go or stay isn't my point of my OP as I even stated that. I was the one who started that poll last week to see that most like CBB but still want him gone. So, I don't think that's an issue here.

You just described Hogville, no matter how great things are going.  Answer is still no, no where close to be the worst.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Pork Twain

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 05, 2017, 11:25:04 pm
I think perhaps he is extrapolating a divided fan base from the way posters talk to each other in threads.
Well in that case, yes we are divided on every single topic that has ever been posted, since the beginning of time.

texas tush hog

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 12:05:38 am
Well enjoy that picture in your head cause you won't see that again this year

The PTB has made up it's mind, let's just let Bielema ride off into the sunset after senior day and maintain his dignity.

Pork Twain

Quote from: cjack on November 04, 2017, 10:51:50 pm
is truly mind boggling to me. I can not understand how anyone can still want him as our coach next year. 

If we aren't at the game, my wife normally doesn't watch. She's either smarter than me or doesn't care.  We went today and I told her there would still be people on this site that don't want him gone and say the people that do aren't real fans. 

This is a true smh moment. I just don't get it. Is there anything in the football program that has improved since Bielema took over?
Who?

jackflash

Just because everyone doesn't agree with you.  You can call them names.

Inhogswetrust

I was not a HV member during the Nutt years

The first part answers the second.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

King Kong

? I think this fan base has never been more united. It's time for CBB to go

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cjack on November 05, 2017, 08:26:19 pm
You have almost 40 thousand posts.  Surely you read what everyone types and not just the ones you want to argue with.  There are comments on two different threads within the last hour that blame Jeff Long and the players instead of Bielema.  I don't have 40 thousand posts so I don't spend as much time in here as you, but I'm sure there are plenty more.  I guess some people will always see things differently.

I guess we do see things differently. Based on what I have read I see few (very, very few) who have said that they want to keep the status quo and think that Bielema deserves another year to turn this around. Now having an opinion that Long will keep Bielema through 2018 is a completely different viewpoint that doesn't have anything to do with the job being done on the field.

So are you complaining because (probably) less than 1% of the Hogville members who actually post don't share the viewpoint of the other 99%? If that bothers you that much, I'd suggest you find another hobby. Next to the JLS fiasco, I don't think that I have seen Hogville as a group so aligned in an opinion that it is time for a change.

Jeff Long isn't the HC and he doesn't formulate game plans or get the team ready for games. That's up to the Staff. If players quit or otherwise fail to exert 100% effort during games, they deserve some of the blame for a lack of results, but they can only play the scheme that they are coached to execute. Again, that falls on the Staff and the HC. It all comes down to the responsibility and quality of the Staff.

Like I said, I have seen very, very few who don't agree on those points. The minority that thinks otherwise is so minor that it really isn't even noticeable, unless of course you are actually looking for those that don't share the opinion of the vast majority. It isn't even like 20% think he should stay and 80% think he should go. So yeah, I guess I don't understand why you are so upset?
Go Hogs Go!