Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early start time, blustery conditions, complete and total anarchy and chaos

Started by The OTR, November 16, 2017, 11:40:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

in the athletic department, bunker mentality, and underclassmen who realize that the jelly sandwiches and lobsters are on life support if they lose all work together to galvanize the Hogs and give them big advantage over Mississippi State on Saturday.

Everyone thinks we're doomed.  How Arkansas of a thing would it be for CBB to win the next two games and make us bowl eligible?

CBB's been working overtime drawing up the game plan by the light of the jukebox at Ben's apartment every night this week.  It just hit him that he might be on thin ice yesterday when they boxed up Long and sent him packing. 

I've got a yorkie myself and I know they don't travel well. He ain't gonna want to try to move two of them yipping little devils cross country in a U-haul. He ain't gonna want to lose his membership to that drinking Nirvana known as Ben's apartment. We may finally have his attention. 

Hogs win a close one 27-24. 

It's windbreak weather. It's jelly sandwich weather. CBB is gonna look like a bear on the sidelines with that beard.

I can't imagine us losing this one.  We're gonna shock the world. I hope so anyway. I am pumped for this game!

Pig in the Pokey

#noshavenovembert? i mean, maybe? mississippi state isnt all that.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ShadowTheHedgehog

SooieGeneris

An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Grag T

"Ben's Apartment" just really sounds like the name of a gay bar... I may have to draw a cartoon of that next  ;D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

jgphillips3

It would be very Houston Nutt to win this game.  Bret...well...more chinese fire drills on both lines and keystone cops antics in the offensive and defensive backfield are more likely.

buldozer

If we win a high school game by one, I don't see how we could possibly win this one

Ex-Trumpet

Skandar, you're  outta your cotton pickin mind.  Hogs win this one big.  86-0.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pecos Hog

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 16, 2017, 11:40:31 am

It's windbreak weather. It's jelly sandwich weather. CBB is gonna look like a bear on the sidelines with that beard.

I can't imagine us losing this one.  We're gonna shock the world. I hope so anyway. I am pumped for this game!

You just talking about the first half, right?   

Michael D Huff AIA

Even at my most optimistic I can't see us within 20 points of MSU.

If this season were a horse, we would have shot that thing a long time ago.

42-17 MSU

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

The OTR

Quote from: pigz on November 16, 2017, 12:39:05 pm
It sucks that a win over Miss St will shock the world..

At this point any win would shock the world. Let's be honest here.

SemperFi

Maybe we should be pissed at this Ben dude for providing Bret a means to not have to think about football. Maybe, just maybe, Ben is responsible for Bret's inability to put together a game plan that goes past 2 qtrs. If Ben is in play then we lose this one like we've lost all the other's..... 38-17 MSU. If we can find Ben and keep him away from Bret then maybe we make it a little closer....34-20 MSU. Ben or no Ben, the Hogs Swiss cheese of a defense will get ran on by Fitzgerald and this coaching staff and players will all fall asleep in the 2nd half like they've been doing all season.

#FireBen
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

slappy

Ben? I know Ben...
He's kind of a strange old hermit...lives beyond the Dune sea.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 16, 2017, 12:45:36 pm
At this point any win would shock the world. Let's be honest here.

Bama scored on one play from scrimmage.  Auburn and Ole Miss both took two.  You think we might bow up and keep 'em outta paydirt for three plays? 

Maybe they should all eat a snickers bar like they do in those commercials when people change so dramatically?  We need a big change...maybe that's it? 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Hoggish1

in the athletic department, bunker mentality, and underclassmen who realize that the jelly sandwiches and lobsters are on life support if they lose all work together to galvanize the Hogs and give them big advantage over Mississippi State on Saturday.

Everyone thinks we're doomed.  How Arkansas of a thing would it be for CBB to win the next two games and make us bowl eligible?

CBB's been working overtime drawing up the game plan by the light of the jukebox at Ben's apartment every night this week.  It just hit him that he might be on thin ice yesterday when they boxed up Long and sent him packing. 

I've got a yorkie myself and I know they don't travel well. He ain't gonna want to try to move two of them yipping little devils cross country in a U-haul. He ain't gonna want to lose his membership to that drinking Nirvana known as Ben's apartment. We may finally have his attention. 

ataboy...!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

The Arkansas' Thang...

It would be the Arkansas Thang if CBB were to win out in a matter that makes him look like Saban's Daddy. It would also be the Arkansas thang to keep him. It would also be the Arkansas thang to have to fire him next year...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BR

Preach on.... We get Ass kicked 42-10 and then Missouri puts 60 on us next week... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The OTR

Quote from: BR on November 16, 2017, 01:31:35 pm
Preach on.... We get Ass kicked 42-10 and then Missouri puts 60 on us next week...

At this point a good portion of the fan base would give up two wins at the end of a bad season to ensure that we get a new coach.

It wouldn't surprise me if we win the next two. Wouldn't surprise me if we get blown away in the next two.  But the way our luck goes I'd guess we win the next two and that keeps us holding our breath wondering if they're going to change coaches or not. 

The OTR

A few years ago I used to talk about how CBB used to mow the lawn and drink falstaff beer on game day.

That seems more plausible now.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 16, 2017, 02:08:28 pm
A few years ago I used to talk about how CBB used to mow the lawn and drink falstaff beer on game day.

That seems more plausible now.

"I want the biggest steak you got, and a bottle of Lowenbrau."
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Martygit

Who is your Yorkie betting on for these two games?  Remind me - what is his name?  I remember that he was a pretty good better way back when - and was pretty good at handing out negative and positive karmas
RIP OTR, REV

dmaxfan

Lol you fellas have amnesia and not remember Bret's tenure? Has he ever beaten anyone he wasn't supposed to?  At least Nutt could do that. This guy was a car salesman that thought he could hire assistants and skate.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

lasthog

60 Minutes of Hell

What a fool I used to be.

60 Minutes of Hell

What a fool I used to be.

The OTR

Quote from: MartinGit on November 16, 2017, 05:18:59 pm

Who is your Yorkie betting on for these two games?  Remind me - what is his name?  I remember that he was a pretty good better way back when - and was pretty good at handing out negative and positive karmas

Buddy.  That's his name.  Buddy.

And he's betting a bundle on Mississippi state to cover.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 16, 2017, 06:35:06 pm

I'm kinda with Buddy on this one from a gambling pôint of view. There have been a few times that Buddy has gotten a little too aggressive on those weekend trips to Vegas but I think this time around he'll be getting a comp emperor's package weekend at Caesar's Palace.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

PorkSoda

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 16, 2017, 01:31:05 pm
The Arkansas' Thang...

It would be the Arkansas Thang if CBB were to win out in a matter that makes him look like Saban's Daddy. It would also be the Arkansas thang to keep him. It would also be the Arkansas thang to have to fire him next year...
I thought that was a LSU
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

moses_007

PorkSoda

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 16, 2017, 08:08:26 pm
I'm kinda with Buddy on this one from a gambling pôint of view. There have been a few times that Buddy has gotten a little too aggressive on those weekend trips to Vegas but I think this time around he'll be getting a comp emperor's package weekend at Caesar's Palace.
kind of makes me wish I still lived just across the border from nevada.  I could have made a killing betting against arkansas to against the spread this year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boardon Hamsay

The fan in me though never doubts the soothsaying capabilities of the weekly Skandar Jackson weather and game breakdown thread. Been an odd week. Lobsters and jelly sandwiches are endangered species. Long was sent packing and OTR should be moving into the AD's office once the folks on the hill get the contract drawn up. Should just be a matter of procedure at this point.

I for one am looking forward to celebrating OTR's coronation as AD with some cat head buttermilk biscuits, bacon, and sausage gravy. Got to get Thanksgiving week started off with a big breakfast.

Game wise, I gotta think Skandar is onto to something here. Hogs win in OT, 28-27.  I'll leave the gambling to Buddy and catch up on his Vegas trip activities when we go fishin next.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Martygit

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 16, 2017, 06:35:06 pm

Yep - thanks - Buddy is a great prognosticator - always bet with Buddy - I'm going with MS to cover
RIP OTR, REV

Grag T

Quote from: SemperFi on November 16, 2017, 12:48:47 pm
Maybe we should be pissed at this Ben dude for providing Bret a means to not have to think about football. Maybe, just maybe, Ben is responsible for Bret's inability to put together a game plan that goes past 2 qtrs. If Ben is in play then we lose this one like we've lost all the other's..... 38-17 MSU. If we can find Ben and keep him away from Bret then maybe we make it a little closer....34-20 MSU. Ben or no Ben, the Hogs Swiss cheese of a defense will get ran on by Fitzgerald and this coaching staff and players will all fall asleep in the 2nd half like they've been doing all season.

#FireBen

Well, since I got nuthin' better to do tonight...
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Ex-Trumpet

NuttinItUp

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hoglady

Man - just don't see it.
Bama's oline couldn't contain the Ms. St Dline - they sacked Hurts at least 5 times.
Don't see our Oline being capable of containing them - I expect Allen to take a beating.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Rzbakfromwaybak

If Miss St. can throw deep passes.....they will win by whatever score they desire.  We can't cover fast receivers deep, that should be evident by now.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jkstock04

Lol...this one is one of your better efforts, props to ya.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The OTR

Quote from: Grag T on November 16, 2017, 08:46:31 pm
Well, since I got nuthin' better to do tonight...

I decided to take a look at Ben's apartment myself last night.

Got there and wasn't impressed, I must admit. Paid $750 for a membership, learned that the password is Woopig, and was ushered in to a large room with oversized chairs, big enough for someone pushing 400 lbs to be comfortable in.  There were large screen TV's everywhere and all of them were playing a different episode of Being Bret Bielema.  There were two chefs there with a made to order buffet type of bar there. One was stocked with every type of peanut butter and jelly you've ever heard of, every type of bread you've ever heard of. He had on a big white hat and he was slathering up jelly bread like a pro, which he was.  I ordered a sandwich on plain white bread with a smattering of peter pan crunchy and double grape jelly. It was the best jelly sandwich I've ever had.  On the other side there was a lobster bar.  They were serving up lobster in every configuration known to man....bisque, pasta, lobster po' boys, and gigantic lobsters with bowls that would hold a quarter of melted butter.  I had a couple of them as well.  All the booze was expensive and served by an elegant bald gentleman in a tuxedo who looked just like Uncle Fester.  The place was full of other sophisticated people like myself, no sign of CBB.

After wolfing down a couple of the biggest tastiest crustaceans this planet has ever produced and a jelly sandwich I decided enough was enough. No idea why CBB is so fascinated with the place. Seems like he just wouldn't fit in.

cal34

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on November 17, 2017, 07:24:08 am
I decided to take a look at Ben's apartment myself last night.

Got there and wasn't impressed, I must admit. Paid $750 for a membership, learned that the password is Woopig, and was ushered in to a large room with oversized chairs, big enough for someone pushing 400 lbs to be comfortable in.  There were large screen TV's everywhere and all of them were playing a different episode of Being Bret Bielema.  There were two chefs there with a made to order buffet type of bar there. One was stocked with every type of peanut butter and jelly you've ever heard of, every type of bread you've ever heard of. He had on a big white hat and he was slathering up jelly bread like a pro, which he was.  I ordered a sandwich on plain white bread with a smattering of peter pan crunchy and double grape jelly. It was the best jelly sandwich I've ever had.  On the other side there was a lobster bar.  They were serving up lobster in every configuration known to man....bisque, pasta, lobster po' boys, and gigantic lobsters with bowls that would hold a quarter of melted butter.  I had a couple of them as well.  All the booze was expensive and served by an elegant bald gentleman in a tuxedo who looked just like Uncle Fester.  The place was full of other sophisticated people like myself, no sign of CBB.

After wolfing down a couple of the biggest tastiest crustaceans this planet has ever produced and a jelly sandwich I decided enough was enough. No idea why CBB is so fascinated with the place. Seems like he just wouldn't fit in.

Did they not have Pork Rinds in there?

Grunt

Quote from: Michael D Huff AIA on November 16, 2017, 12:37:44 pm
Even at my most optimistic I can't see us within 20 points of MSU.

If this season were a horse, we would have shot that thing a long time ago.

42-17 MSU
More like 59 to 17.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I heard they will be selling fish sticks at the concession stands.  I can't believe they would actually serve fish sticks when the only thing they have to drink is a Pepsi product. Long's last revenge?  Anyone in the know on this?
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 16, 2017, 11:44:39 am
Job interview for his next job, he will be fired up.

Serious question....when was the last time you saw Bret fired up and it motivated the team to a win against a team that was much better than us?

The NewEra

I have a Yorkie too!  Duct Tape works wonders for the barking :)

The OTR

This is mine with my wallet in his mouth. He's a pathological gambler and was trying to get out the door with it and would have been at the Cherokee casino in a few hours if I hadn't caught him.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.