Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Hog. This might be too much to ask but

Started by TomBigBeeHog, September 25, 2015, 12:19:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomBigBeeHog

can you find and post some Hog Wild band clips with Jim Robkin pumping up the crowd. I looked on Youtube and only found some recent stuff. None with Robkin.

That guy was a big part of our home court advantage. Pretty sure he got us a couple of wins. This request is just a shot in the dark. Hoping you might have something, you seem to have everything else. Thanks.

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Poker_hog

Was this the guy that pulled a kiffin with one of his students?
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 25, 2015, 05:12:18 pm
Was this the guy that pulled a kiffin with one of his students?

Ok..... I may be about to learn something new here. Who are you talking about? Jonesboro Hog or Robkin? And what is a kiffin? Sounds immoral.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 25, 2015, 05:59:44 pm

Ok..... I may be about to learn something new here. Who are you talking about? Jonesboro Hog or Robkin? And what is a kiffin? Sounds immoral.
I think Robken married one of his former? students and is still married to her.

Poker_hog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 25, 2015, 05:59:44 pm

Rumors in Tuscaloosa about kiffin and one of Saban's daughters.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=599659.0
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

HognitiveDissonance

Robken was one of a kind.
His traditional thing was starting up the William Tell Overture then running around Barnhill getting everyone to stand up.
My favorite memory was him doing that at Reunion Arena in Dallas...except he would just disappear. The band would be holding their notes forever. Suddenly, Robken would appear in the UPPER LEVEL and the fans would go nuts. He had run all the way up there! Then the band would finish the song.
Incredible pep band leader.

Jborohog09

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 25, 2015, 12:19:01 pm
can you find and post some Hog Wild band clips with Jim Robkin pumping up the crowd. I looked on Youtube and only found some recent stuff. None with Robkin.

That guy was a big part of our home court advantage. Pretty sure he got us a couple of wins. This request is just a shot in the dark. Hoping you might have something, you seem to have everything else. Thanks.

I'll do my best, but pretty much every game I have, right when Robkin would get the band going and the crowd fired up, they'd go to a commercial.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Jborohog09 on September 26, 2015, 10:20:40 am
I'll do my best, but pretty much every game I have, right when Robkin would get the band going and the crowd fired up, they'd go to a commercial.

Thanks  man.  Much  appreciated.  Would help  relive some of my favorite moments from some great times.