Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New video and sound system being installed at BWA

Started by ricepig, August 12, 2015, 08:56:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

Wonder what they are going to do with the ball in the scoreboard. Good to see Bud Walton Arena getting upgraded.

WorfHog

The_Iceman

UNCLE BACK

Wonder if they will ever fix the Videos in the Museum area... If not, I wish they would do something different with that area. Two years ago, the Kentucky fans that made the trip were making fun of it.. We did get the last laugh that night though ha ha!!!

The_Iceman

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 13, 2015, 11:06:31 am
Wonder if they will ever fix the Videos in the Museum area... If not, I wish they would do something different with that area. Two years ago, the Kentucky fans that made the trip were making fun of it.. We did get the last laugh that night though ha ha!!!

They finally improved the concourse, which was nice. I guess they can only improve in phases.

RME

"The sound system will 'allow more efficient audio distribution with enhanced volume and clarity' throughout the arena"

Thank goodness. The difference in sound quality from being even in the [CENSORED] of the upper bowl to being in the last row of the lower section was pretty staggering.

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

WorfHog

Quote from: razorhead94 on August 13, 2015, 02:56:02 pm
That is so awesome

I don't think any college team has something similar yet. It would put us in rarefied air.

PonderinHog

Danny J

Good...I have bitched and moaned about the video boards for years!!!! They were terrible and when sitting down low on the court at one end of the court you have to look at them to see over the players sitting on the bench. Thank the lord somebody finally did something about it.

WorfHog

PonderinHog

Quote from: WorfHog on August 14, 2015, 05:43:54 pm
You know any? Pass the info on to CMA.  ;)
When I posted that, my first thought was Kapita, as far as physique goes.

jry04

Any idea on what it will look like? Have they released any pictures?

razorhead94

Upgrades will be a lot easier now that the team has somewhere else to practice.

Arkansas WR

The_Iceman

Quote from: Arkansas WR on September 22, 2015, 03:54:48 pm
This was on snapchat

That looks badass! I hope the product on the floor matches the quality of the upgrades they are doing.

I wish they would redo the banners while they are up there. I've never understood the reason behind the way they are. Someone should be able to look up into the rafters and within 5 to 10 seconds be able to understand the history of our program. I can tell what half of the banners even are.

The_Iceman

Cresthog

That's awesome.

That is straight up basically like the Nuggets one, which to my understanding is basically the biggest/best in the basketball world. The size is even a better fit.

hogfan7

Does anyone know the dimensions of the new screen and where it will rank nationally compared to other college scoreboards?

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogfan7 on September 22, 2015, 11:00:10 pm
Does anyone know the dimensions of the new screen and where it will rank nationally compared to other college scoreboards?

They reported it is the largest on campus video board in college basketball.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

HOGINTENNESSEE

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 23, 2015, 10:27:45 am
That's what she said

Haha. Everything looks bigger under water. What did she say when you got out of the pool.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 23, 2015, 11:27:45 am
Haha. Everything looks bigger under water. What did she say when you got out of the pool.

Shrinkage....

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razorhead94

Quote from: WorfHog on August 13, 2015, 06:37:06 pm
I don't think any college team has something similar yet. It would put us in rarefied air.

Hopefully it has this capability.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ahvxEXghdPQ

razoredge178

Quote from: Danny J on August 14, 2015, 04:59:37 pm
Good...I have bitched and moaned about the video boards for years!!!! They were terrible and when sitting down low on the court at one end of the court you have to look at them to see over the players sitting on the bench. Thank the lord somebody finally did something about it.

If that's what you had to b***** and moan about, you must not be paying much attention to what was going on down on the court.

The_Iceman

I think we could really pack the house out if we did a Star Wars night, but instead of just doing costumes, show the movie on the big screen during the game. It would be much more entertaining.

The_Iceman

razoredge178

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 22, 2015, 04:37:26 pm
Another view that shows how big it is:

www.instagram.com/p/78pIq7n1j0/

That's almost as big as the whole new arena in Oxfart.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The_Iceman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 23, 2015, 02:16:12 pm
That's almost as big as the whole new arena in Oxfart.........................

I actually like their new arena. It is small and compact with fans right on the court. Its the smart way to build a new arena now. No need for 20,000 seats.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2015, 02:32:26 pm
I actually like their new arena. It is small and compact with fans right on the court. Its the smart way to build a new arena now. No need for 20,000 seats.

IF we were doing better then we could sell 20,000. At old misses there isn't a need for 5,000 seats. I will admit there wasn't a higher needed new athletic facility there. The Tad Pad was AWFUL! Maybe the worst in the all of the D1 conferences.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 23, 2015, 02:37:42 pm
IF we were doing better then we could sell 20,000. At old misses there isn't a need for 5,000 seats. I will admit there wasn't a higher needed new athletic facility there. The Tad Pad was AWFUL! Maybe the worst in the all of the D1 conferences.

They definitely upgraded. They are about to bowl in their new stadium too. With their recent win, money will be flowing in.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2015, 02:46:32 pm
They definitely upgraded. They are about to bowl in their new stadium too. With their recent win, money will be flowing in.

They could have built a good high school gym and it would have been an upgrade!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 23, 2015, 02:37:42 pm

I think our arena is much bigger than we need. Doubt we ever consistently sell it out again, even with a top 10 team. Times have changed. Wish we had a 12 to 14,000 seat arena. Even that would be bigger than most schools.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 23, 2015, 03:59:25 pm
I think our arena is much bigger than we need. Doubt we ever consistently sell it out again, even with a top 10 team. Times have changed. Wish we had a 12 to 14,000 seat arena. Even that would be bigger than most schools.

I think there are some creative ways where they can reduce the capacity, while adding luxury seating options. Something like what Tennessee did might go over well in BWA.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2015, 04:03:42 pm
I think there are some creative ways where they can reduce the capacity, while adding luxury seating options. Something like what Tennessee did might go over well in BWA.

So funny to see all the UT banners for Women's bball and the nothing for men's

TomBigBeeHog

Hopefully, they are already looking at this.

ricepig

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 23, 2015, 06:06:02 pm
Hopefully, they are already looking at this.

Have they sold all the suites in recent years? I know when asking about football and baseball a few years ago, they said there were waiting lists, but had a few available in basketball.

Danny J

Quote from: razoredge178 on September 23, 2015, 01:10:30 pm
If that's what you had to b***** and moan about, you must not be paying much attention to what was going on down on the court.
That was the problem.....paying attention to what is happening on the court. My seats are behind the bench in the corner right on the court and when the action is happening on the other end we can't see it, I should say we can't see what happens on the right wing to the top of the key, because the players are so tall especially when they are standing up and coming to and from the bench. That forces us to watch the video board to see those blind spots. I hope that clears things up for you.

BadHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 23, 2015, 02:32:26 pm

When you suck....

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

TomBigBeeHog

A troll will attack anything, even a thread about video and sound. That's pitiful. Life on the Internet

Inhogswetrust

I agree completely!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on September 23, 2015, 03:59:25 pm

Agree though I think 16K is about right.