Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hunter Henry

Started by razorbacksnum1, November 02, 2012, 07:26:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbacksnum1

Watched him last night in Jax this kid is the real deal. He has had another banner year so far. He is unstoppable as a TE. PA even put him at QB last night and then fullback to block for a touchdown run.

Root_hawg

Wanna see him up against someone bigger than 4a talent

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: Root_hawg on November 04, 2012, 12:12:46 pm
Wanna see him up against someone bigger than 4a talent

Had big games against Fayetteville which is 7A the last two years.

ricepig

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 04, 2012, 03:42:03 pm
Had big scrimmages against Fayetteville which is 7A the last two years.

Fixed it for you.

mizzouman

Needs to toughen up. If he does, he will be a great addition to the Hogs.

RedSoxFan

Quote from: mizzouman on November 04, 2012, 04:14:48 pm

Bet he makes more of an impact than DGB in his first year.

Dropkick

Quote from: RedSoxFan on November 04, 2012, 10:12:41 pm
On the field or with the dealers?

McHogLovin

Quote from: RedSoxFan on November 04, 2012, 10:12:41 pm

Similar I imagine.  Austin Tate has impressed me this year. 

Tim Harris

Quote from: McHogLovin on November 05, 2012, 12:30:59 pm
Similar I imagine.  Austin Tate has impressed me this year. 

To me they are totally different players.  Tate is a very good blocker and has solid hands.  He isn't going to make the big play down the field like Gragg does.  To me that is where Henry could do his damage.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Tim Harris on November 05, 2012, 12:34:57 pm
To me they are totally different players.  Tate is a very good blocker and has solid hands.  He isn't going to make the big play down the field like Gragg does.  To me that is where Henry could do his damage.

You are correct, Tate is not a threat deep in any way.  Hope we can get Henry in here and playing like Gragg right away.

the_kosher_pig

Henry looked very fast to me for a Junior.  I haven't watched him this year.  He moved very well for a big man last year.  I'm glad the Hogs signed him.
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

songofthesword

We need henry but dean is going to be pretty good once he gets his conditioning right. as good as henry is he doesn't have dean's hands.   dean just has to put the cheeseburgers down.

hope we see a lot of 3 TE sets next year

ricepig

Quote from: songofthesword on November 06, 2012, 01:55:53 am
We need henry but dean is going to be pretty good once he gets his conditioning right. as good as henry is he doesn't have dean's hands.   dean just has to put the cheeseburgers down.

hope we see a lot of 3 TE sets next year

How long does Dean need to be "conditioned", he looked overweight during the spring, has he played any? It's another case of a walk-on getting time over a scholarship player.

mmhogs17

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2012, 10:01:02 am
How long does Dean need to be "conditioned", he looked overweight during the spring, has he played any? It's another case of a walk-on getting time over a scholarship player.

He's red-shirting.

ricepig

azhog10

Quote from: mizzouman on November 04, 2012, 04:14:48 pm
Hunter is crazy tough. Watched the Warren game online and he took some hard hits, and even got targeted across the middle a few times. I'm guessing you haven't seen him play and are just trying to shoot from the hip about something. Hunter is a big strong physical kid and being "tough" is not something he lacks the ability to be.

mmhogs17

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2012, 02:04:44 pm
So he wasn't better, or ready?

Most likely wasn't ready, he didn't play football for a year before he enrolled at Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 06, 2012, 05:46:26 pm
Most likely wasn't ready, he didn't play football for a year before he enrolled at Arkansas.

Actually for a semester, he came in at Jan.

Hopefully Hunter visiting other schools on official visits isn't an indication that he's wavering.

mizzouman

Quote from: azhog10 on November 06, 2012, 04:19:49 pm
Hunter is crazy tough. Watched the Warren game online and he took some hard hits, and even got targeted across the middle a few times. I'm guessing you haven't seen him play and are just trying to shoot from the hip about something. Hunter is a big strong physical kid and being "tough" is not something he lacks the ability to be.
I've seen 4 games in person. He got hurt and had to leave the game in all 4. He eventually came back in, but still, at the 5A level, he shouldn't get dinged up that much. Also, I heard he had to leave the game again against the team from Cali. I did not see that game obviously so I don't know what happened there.

whosiskid

I feel pretty confident Hunter will end up in Fayetteville. I think this is a defensive visit in case he really finds himself at odds with the new head coach.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on November 08, 2012, 11:31:05 pm
I feel pretty confident Hunter will end up in Fayetteville. I think this is a defensive visit in case he really finds himself at odds with the new head coach.

I think we are going to see a lot of this over the next few weeks.  If he (or other recruits) keeps taking visits after the new coach is announced then I will get worried.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: whosiskid on November 08, 2012, 11:31:05 pm
Hunter is a smart kid and I figure he'll take a look and see just how many players from the state of Arkansas that the Dark Lord has played over the years at Alabama....you could count them on one hand and not need your pinky nor your thumb
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

theoneandonly

Quote from: mizzouman on November 08, 2012, 07:16:32 pm
I've seen 4 games in person. He got hurt and had to leave the game in all 4. He eventually came back in, but still, at the 5A level, he shouldn't get dinged up that much. Also, I heard he had to leave the game again against the team from Cali. I did not see that game obviously so I don't know what happened there.
My son plays at PA and I have seen every PA game this year and this absolutely false about Hunter. I have no idea what you're talking about. He rotates on defense at DE so maybe you're seeing him coming off the field for that. He missed one game for a concussion this year and I was told that is by AAA rules. It's funny you mention the Cali game it's actually the complete opposite of what you say Hunter caught an amazing 20 yard pass across the middle and took a big time hit and still held onto the ball but his helmet came off. When you're helmet comes off you have to come out of the game. The kid who hit him broke his shoulder in two places and is out for the year!

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: theoneandonly on November 13, 2012, 05:18:25 am
My son plays at PA and I have seen every PA game this year and this absolutely false about Hunter. I have no idea what you're talking about. He rotates on defense at DE so maybe you're seeing him coming off the field for that. He missed one game for a concussion this year and I was told that is by AAA rules. It's funny you mention the Cali game it's actually the complete opposite of what you say Hunter caught an amazing 20 yard pass across the middle and took a big time hit and still held onto the ball but his helmet came off. When you're helmet comes off you have to come out of the game. The kid who hit him broke his shoulder in two places and is out for the year!
Imagine how good PA would be if they had good helmets.

dizzy_lavender

Hunter henry come on down!

We can use one of those.

mizzouman

Again, just know what I've seen. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But in the 4 games I've seen, he's come out hurt. He does go back in and seems to be OK, but being that big, that strong and playing gainst 5a competition, that dude should never get dinged up like he did in those 4 games. Again, he has some alert and will do well for the Hogs or whoever he plays for.

theoneandonly

Quote from: mizzouman on November 13, 2012, 08:39:59 pm
Again, just know what I've seen. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But in the 4 games I've seen, he's come out hurt. He does go back in and seems to be OK, but being that big, that strong and playing gainst 5a competition, that dude should never get dinged up like he did in those 4 games. Again, he has some alert and will do well for the Hogs or whoever he plays for.

Mizzouman, what games did you see? I have seen every PA game this year. I don't get it. What games has HH been "dinged" up? I haven't seen what your talking about all year.

minman

Again, just know what I've seen. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. But in the 4 games I've seen, he's come out hurt. He does go back in and seems to be OK, but being that big, that strong and playing gainst 5a competition, that dude should never get dinged up like he did in those 4 games. Again, he has some alert and will do well for the Hogs or WHOEVER HE PLAYS FOR.

The last 4 words of your post show your real agenda. 

mizzouman

Quote from: theoneandonly on November 13, 2012, 10:30:51 pm
Mizzouman, what games did you see? I have seen every PA game this year. I don't get it. What games has HH been "dinged" up? I haven't seen what your talking about all year.
Actually, only 3, my bad....Fayetteville srimmage, West Helena, West Memphis

mizzouman

Quote from: minman on November 14, 2012, 07:11:21 am
The last 4 words of your post show your real agenda. 
No agenda.  I hope he stays a Hog.  He'll do extremely well.

Hogs1234

Ive been at every PA game this year, and you dont have any idea what you are talking about! Fayetteville scrimmage he never came out hurt, west Helena game he never came out hurt.  He didn't play in the west Memphis game because he got a concussion at the warren game and by AAA rules he didn't play because he didn't pass the concussion requirements to play the next week.  Hunter had a concussion this year, and that is it as far as being hurt. The only other time he has come out of a game is when his helmet has come off.  The kid is amazing and has had a phenomenal year! You have no idea what you are talking about when you say he is hurt all the time. That is simply not true.  Don't put statements on a board that are not true! Hunter deserves all he is getting and will be an asset to any program that gets him!

RNHog

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on November 02, 2012, 07:26:55 pm
Watched him last night in Jax this kid is the real deal. He has had another banner year so far. He is unstoppable as a TE. PA even put him at QB last night and then fullback to block for a touchdown run.

He better toughen up. Watched a 5'10 190 lb sophomore Linebacker lay him out and knock him out of the game in Warren. Just straight up leveled him.

mmhogs17

Quote from: RNHog on November 15, 2012, 03:22:38 am
He better toughen up. Watched a 5'10 190 lb sophomore Linebacker lay him out and knock him out of the game in Warren. Just straight up leveled him.

a 5'1/110 pound person can give you a concussion if they get you right.

theoneandonly

Quote from: mizzouman on November 14, 2012, 06:32:47 pm
Actually, only 3, my bad....Fayetteville srimmage, West Helena, West Memphis

Mizzouman, I'm not sure your intentions but I was at everyone of these games. He never came out of the Fayetteville scrimmage and dominated that game. Missed the West Memphis game for a concussion because of AAA rules. Played the entire West Helena game and led PA in receiving that game according to the online PA statistics.

He did get hit in the Warren game and it was a great play by that DB/Linebacker and it knocked him out of the game with a concussion.

theoneandonly

Quote from: RNHog on November 15, 2012, 03:22:38 am

It was a great hit by that linebacker. He deserves credit. My only point is that I don't think one hit in one game doesn't mean HH isn't tough.

mizzouman

Quote from: theoneandonly on November 15, 2012, 04:45:21 pm
Mizzouman, I'm not sure your intentions but I was at everyone of these games. He never came out of the Fayetteville scrimmage and dominated that game. Missed the West Memphis game for a concussion because of AAA rules. Played the entire West Helena game and led PA in receiving that game according to the online PA statistics.

He did get hit in the Warren game and it was a great play by that DB/Linebacker and it knocked him out of the game with a concussion.

Why do you think I have intentions. I don't. In the Fayetteville game, I most surely saw him come out limping. He did go back in he was dinged up.

Again, no intentions. It that that big of a deal. So, don't take it personally.  He I'll do well at Arkansas.

McHogLovin

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 15, 2012, 03:29:41 am
a 5'1/110 pound person can give you a concussion if they get you right.

Yeah....with a sledgehammer

LR Hog

Mizzouman, WTH difference does it make what the level of competition is? Anyone at any time can get hurt on any given play.  Quit questioning the kid's toughness.  Have you ever played organized sports?  If you have then you should understand how stupid you sound. 
Like a boss.

mizzouman

Quote from: LR Hog on November 17, 2012, 08:52:26 am
Mizzouman, WTH difference does it make what the level of competition is? Anyone at any time can get hurt on any given play.  Quit questioning the kid's toughness.  Have you ever played organized sports?  If you have then you should understand how stupid you sound. 
Don't be so defensive. People only read a sentence of a post and really forget about the rest of it.

Please read this ENTIRE post then comment if you wish

First, I've seen A LOT of high school football in my life and accept it or not, Arkansas 5A football is pathetic relative to the rest of the country.

When recruiters come out and watch a kid, the first thing they look at is the competition that the recruit is playing against. Depending on that competition, that player should completely dominate and stand out over all players. In the games I've seen, Henry has done that.

Now, you do have to consider that it's 5a competition. However, he has stood out enough against that competition to be more than worthy of a major D1 schollie. I'm not questioning his talent whatsoever.

But, I have seen him take some hits from much smaller kids only to come up dinged, limping, come out and come back into games. If he played 7a competition, his skills will still stand out, but I'm afraid he would get hurt even more. If some of those NLR guys come up and lay a good lick on him, he may be in trouble. There is a huge difference playing against defenses that are 5'11 180 pounds versus 6'1 and 220.

Anyway, I think that given the right offense, the right coaching and the right strength and conditioning program, Henry could be a stud.

Mrcoolhog55

I hope Hunter Henry sticks with the Hogs, we sure need him here. Hey mizzouman from one Hog fan good to see you post on here.. We all need to show good sportsmanship here on Hogville. I welcome good talk among Hog fans as well as all college football fans. No need to get defensive on here. We should welcome all views. We all have a right to agree to disagree as well. Go Hogs Go....

mizzouman

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on November 17, 2012, 10:35:43 am
I hope Hunter Henry sticks with the Hogs, we sure need him here. Hey mizzouman from one Hog fan good to see you post on here.. We all need to show good sportsmanship here on Hogville. I welcome good talk among Hog fans as well as all college football fans. No need to get defensive on here. We should welcome all views. We all have a right to agree to disagree as well. Go Hogs Go....
I agree.  Again, Henry will make a great addition to the Hog family.

ramseyhog

We will not know how good he is until he gets to college, Arkansas high school football is not going to test you.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. -Marcel Pagnol

the_kosher_pig

Arkansas's top ATHLETES are as good as the surrounding states.  Arkansas's high school TEAMS are not on par with the top Texas schools.  However, the tops in Arkansas are just as good as the tops in Mississippi and Louisiana.  I watch West Monroe and Ouachita play every year.  I also watch South Panola and Olive Branch.  They might would have an edge year to year over say Bentonville but it's close. 

razorjacket43

I think most would agree that Brodrick Green was a beast in high school. Well in Wynne his senior year he was hit by a 185 pound linebacker his first carry and fumbled the ball and it happened 5 or more yards behind the los. So anyone can get lit up as we used to call it and it doesnt take a a big guy to do it. Ronnie Lott and Steve Atwater proved this their whole careers.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

razorjacket43

Good luck PA hope to see yall in the championship this year. Go Jackets State Bound.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

Hogs1234

Saw this morning in USA today where Hunter was named to the high school 1st team All-American team! Huge honor for him and us that he's going to Arkansas! Wow, So glad he's a Hog! WPS!

davispard

Quote from: Hogs1234 on December 20, 2012, 08:44:41 am
Saw this morning in USA today where Hunter was named to the high school 1st team All-American team! Huge honor for him and us that he's going to Arkansas! Wow, So glad he's a Hog! WPS!
I Second That Emotion"; if you're old enough to remember that song???