Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

100 Bones

Started by Hawgdawgrain, July 19, 2006, 10:54:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

When I win this sucker, what kind of celebration should I do?

Call the Hogs in clubhouse in front of all the Gopher fans?
Buy a Razorback putter?
Who gives a rats rear?
Win the thing and then we'll talk.

Hawgdawgrain

I figured this was the place to share my golf joy... ;D

I decided to get in this year on the Match Play Championship (Matches based on handicap) at the club where I play. To make a long story short, I'm a 9 handicap and I played a 4 handicapper yesterday and beat him 3 & 2 to move to the semi-finals and earn a guaranteed 100 bucks. I was 2-down with 7 holes to go and won the next 5 to close him out.

I've won three consecutive matches and with two more wins I'll be the 2006 Oakdale Golf Club Match Play Champion.

I live in Minnesota currently but was raised in Ft. Smith and am a huge Hog follower so I have a question. (See Poll)

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Call the Hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Snort and Squeal

Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

V. V. Hawg

Gotta better idea, move back home!!!

Hawgdawgrain

Quote from: V. V. Hawg on July 20, 2006, 12:11:09 am
Gotta better idea, move back home!!!

Would love nothing more!!!!

My residency here is job related...got an offer???

I'll make sure I report back on my match. Should play it in the next couple of weeks.

GO HOGS!

hog golf

i say number 4.
match play is fun but can turn on you like a woman.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

Hawgasaurus

If you do win it order personalized golf tees that state your name and "Match Play Club Champion" on them and then leave them on every tee box at the country club where you play!  We did this for a buddy of mine who won a club tourney this past spring, he said it really pi$$es everyone off to pick up his club champ tees!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: Hawgasaurus on July 28, 2006, 02:32:43 pm
If you do win it order personalized golf tees that state your name and "Match Play Club Champion" on them and then leave them on every tee box at the country club where you play!  We did this for a buddy of mine who won a club tourney this past spring, he said it really pi$$es everyone off to pick up his club champ tees!

cool idea!!! I may try that.........

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Hawgasaurus

It's a nice & polite way to put the burn on some uptight folks!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

PulledPork

congrats thus far and good luck for the near future!

WPS!!!

Pulled out...

Hawgdawgrain

Well...I couldn't get it done.

Played my semi-final match today against a fellow 9 handicapper and he beat me 2 and 1.

I shot 80, he shot a 79.

Very close match, just not quite enough...good run...won 100 bucks...gonna buy a new Odyssey Putter...

Peace my Brethren...