Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

18 holes of head wind

Started by alwaysondbigscreen, March 09, 2010, 08:31:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysondbigscreen

how does that happen? Im not sure how hard it was blowing but it was HARD. but it least they got 1/2 in of rain last night so I had that whole roll thing going for me. I had 1 drive actually plug and several more that got at least 3 to 5 ft of roll. #9 at eagle crest is 451 from the blues, I hit driver ( i thought fairly well) then 3 wood (really well) then sand wedge (from about 15 yards out) and 1 putt for par.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

kingofdequeen

Vallley View is like that.   swear to God, i've only had a tailwind on like 5 holes that i've played out there ever.

that being said...i love that course.  when their greens are good, its as good a track as any in NWA.

alwaysondbigscreen

so how do you play head wind + WET. I can actually hit a low hook with my driver to cheat the wind, but when it goes splat, then what. I went with getting as much air time as I could.

kingofdequeen

i hit that punch that i hit on most par threes...cept i hit it w/ every club.

billcollector

according to TW... wind doesn't affect a solidly struck golf shot... read it in an old golf digest one day... if the wind is blowing about 25 - their are particular folks at HCC that don't have a chance to break 100..

head wind... take an extra club and swing smoother, works everytime my friend... and when its wet i tend to hit it close to the cart path... don't like getting the classic's muddy!

kingofdequeen

only classics will do for my tootsies as well.

gotyacovered

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on March 09, 2010, 09:41:19 pm
so how do you play head wind + WET. I can actually hit a low hook with my driver to cheat the wind, but when it goes splat, then what. I went with getting as much air time as I could.

soft hands, good contact
You are what you tolerate.

alwaysondbigscreen

Quote from: billcollector on March 10, 2010, 09:10:26 am
according to TW... wind doesn't affect a solidly struck golf shot... read it in an old golf digest one day... if the wind is blowing about 25 - their are particular folks at HCC that don't have a chance to break 100..

head wind... take an extra club and swing smoother, works everytime my friend... and when its wet i tend to hit it close to the cart path... don't like getting the classic's muddy!

I dont have an "extra club" when it comes to the driver.  ;D

gotyacovered

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on March 10, 2010, 01:50:14 pm

Quote from: gotyacovered on March 10, 2010, 01:49:38 pm
soft hands, good contact

you would be surprised how effective this is...
You are what you tolerate.

billcollector

you mean i am the only one that carries a 48" Killer Beel Driver for extra distance?????

kingofdequeen

bust out the Widestance and swing harder.

waphill

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 09, 2010, 08:54:01 pm
Vallley View is like that.   swear to God, i've only had a tailwind on like 5 holes that i've played out there ever.

Haha, you've obviously played there. It was blowing so hard a couple days ago that it was blowing the flags out of the cups. I'm sure #4 & #7 were brutal. They were dead into the wind.

kingofdequeen

number 4 is ALWAYS into a stiff wind. 

i did have a back wind there 1 time.  got it in 2 w/ a 2 hybrid.

thats a lot of wind.