Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THE MASTERS is coming up in a couple of weeks, who...

Started by GolfHawg, March 21, 2007, 02:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfHawg

is making the trip to go watch the Tournament? I am going for the first time and I'm counting the days as they go by.....SLOWLY I might add. A buddy and I are flying out on the 31st and we're going to play golf in Atlanta till Wednesday and then go on up to Augusta.  ;D

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

I'm jealous!!!!!!!  Have a good time.....Look real close, you might see Frank there.

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GolfHawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 21, 2007, 04:13:40 pm
What are the dates this year?

The first week of April. Practice rounds start on Tuesday the 3rd & The Tournament starts the 5th. 11 days 14 hours and 37 seconds.....and counting!

hamptonshogs

Quote from: GolfHawg on March 21, 2007, 02:04:32 pm
is making the trip to go watch the Tournament? I am going for the first time and I'm counting the days as they go by.....SLOWLY I might add. A buddy and I are flying out on the 31st and we're going to play golf in Atlanta till Wednesday and then go on up to Augusta.  ;D

So are you going tournament or are you going to the practice rounds?  If you're going to the actuall tournament then I'm really jealous.  I've been trying to find tickets  for a couple of years, but keep hearing they are the hardest tickets in sports to find.  I'd love to go to the practice rounds, but I just can't justify driving all that way and having to turn around and go home once the tournament started. 

GolfHawg

Quote from: hamptonshogs on March 22, 2007, 03:57:37 pm

So are you going tournament or are you going to the practice rounds?  If you're going to the actuall tournament then I'm really jealous.  I've been trying to find tickets  for a couple of years, but keep hearing they are the hardest tickets in sports to find.  I'd love to go to the practice rounds, but I just can't justify driving all that way and having to turn around and go home once the tournament started. 

I'm just going to the Wednesday practice round and the Par 3 Tournament. One of the reasons I wanted to go to the Wednesday round was the Par3 Tournament so I can see alot of the older guys you don't see anymore and you can still have a camera on the grounds so I can take some good photos and have them blown up to put on my office wall. I've been to several PGA Tour Events so I didn't care about seeing the normal guys play, I mainly just want to see the Course and get out before the crowds get to big.

HogBaptist

you can hide in the portapotty for a couple of days....

hamptonshogs

Quote from: HogBaptist on March 22, 2007, 04:22:57 pm

you can hide in the portapotty for a couple of days....

I'd almost be willing to do that for a chance to see the final round at the Masters.  Sad but true.

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfHawg on March 22, 2007, 07:37:02 am
The first week of April. Practice rounds start on Tuesday the 3rd & The Tournament starts the 5th. 11 days 14 hours and 37 seconds.....and counting!

Thanks!  I love the Majors, well almost all of them. PGA is a bore but the Masters, the British Open when the weather if horrible, and the US Open are fun to watch.   Like to see the big boys struggle for par and no lead is safe.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgdaddy306

My Grandpa and I made yearly trips to The Masters from 98 till 02.  He wasn't a member, not even close, but had a close friend who was/is.  In 02 we actually got weekend badges.  That course is the most hallowed ground on this continent for a golfer.  IMHO its a close 2nd to only St Andews worldwide. 

I still have the badges "pops" and I were supposed to use in 03, he passed in March of that year.  I will most likely never have the privilege of walking that beautiful course again, so enjoy, take in as much as you can, and try to appreciate what it is all about.

BTW, its still going to be crowded on Wed.  The par 3 tourney is almost as hard to get as a Sunday badge.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

GolfHawg

Quote from: hawgdaddy306 on March 23, 2007, 07:43:58 pm
My Grandpa and I made yearly trips to The Masters from 98 till 02.  He wasn't a member, not even close, but had a close friend who was/is.  In 02 we actually got weekend badges.  That course is the most hallowed ground on this continent for a golfer.  IMHO its a close 2nd to only St Andews worldwide. 

I still have the badges "pops" and I were supposed to use in 03, he passed in March of that year.  I will most likely never have the privilege of walking that beautiful course again, so enjoy, take in as much as you can, and try to appreciate what it is all about.

BTW, its still going to be crowded on Wed.  The par 3 tourney is almost as hard to get as a Sunday badge.

Sounds like you have memories that will last you a life time, God Bless your Pops. I can't wait to step on the grounds. Thanks for the info.

Juboar

Please pick me up the following:
2007 Masters hat- 
a shirt size L -  white
a pin flag.

You guys will have a great time-  take care of HogIsh- this Vandy series almost killed him. 
J

GolfHawg

Quote from: Juboar on March 26, 2007, 09:58:03 am
Please pick me up the following:
2007 Masters hat- 
a shirt size L -  white
a pin flag.

You guys will have a great time-  take care of HogIsh- this Vandy series almost killed him. 
J

In no way what so ever will I take responsibility for taking care of HogIsh. It would have been easier to take my 2 yr old then to watch after him. lol