Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Lunardi seals Hog victory against Butler

Started by HeyHogs, March 12, 2018, 01:26:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

http://es.pn/2tEckhB

He's a numbers guy.  He doesn't factor heart.

I take this as a good sign.

hawgfan4life

Hope MA posts this all over their lockers and pumps up the us against the world factor.  NR was a master at using that as an edge and I bet MA learned a little bit how to play it up. 

We got screwed with our seed!
We got screwed sending us to the far north!
We are getting NO RESPECT from the prognosticators!

Freaking prove them wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something along those lines.

revolution

East coast bias, just like with Seton Hall last year.  They were the hot commodity, no respect for the Hogs.  Same with Butler this year.  We'lll be fine.

davril98

revolution

99toLife

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 12, 2018, 01:31:27 pm
Hope MA posts this all over their lockers and pumps up the us against the world factor.  NR was a master at using that as an edge and I bet MA learned a little bit how to play it up. 

We got screwed with our seed!
We got screwed sending us to the far north!
We are getting NO RESPECT from the prognosticators!

Freaking prove them wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something along those lines.

How so?

The_Bionic_Pig

You calm down Kelan Martin you win.... it's that simple.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Gonzo

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 12, 2018, 01:26:05 pm

He’s a numbers guy.  He doesn’t factor heart.

I would think a numbers guy would be pretty good with basic data. He refers to Butler as being the older team. They have 2 SRs and 2 JRs on the roster, compared to 6 SRs for the Hogs. Clearly he is considered a college basketball insider and very knowledgeable, but given that very basic failure in his analysis, I'd have to wonder just how much thought he's actually given to this game.

No matter, none of these guys, including the ones talking up the Hogs, make a difference on Friday. And hopefully the Hogs don't need bulletin board hits for this, likley the lowest seed they might face.

Go Hogs!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

AHorseWithNoName

"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 12, 2018, 02:10:43 pm
I think Hall will see a nice amount of playing time and that will be his assignment.

redleg

Arkansas should have been the 6 seed and playing in Dallas instead of Florida.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

The Hogfather

Quote from: revolution on March 12, 2018, 01:56:35 pm
East coast bias, just like with Seton Hall last year.  They were the hot commodity, no respect for the Hogs.  Same with Butler this year.  We'lll be fine.

This.  Big East vs. SEC.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The real Hogules

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 12, 2018, 02:10:43 pm

Stop Martin and control the boards against the smaller Bulldog team. Limit Butler to one shot per offensive possession or less and we'll win going away.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The OTR

We have a lot of conspiracy folks who think the world is out to get the hogs. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: HeyHogs on March 12, 2018, 01:26:05 pm

He's a numbers guy.  He doesn't factor heart.

Here is an interesting number:  One, the number of times Arkansas has lost to a double digit seed since the tourney expanded to 64 teams.  Despite all the fiascos of the last 20 years the only time this happened was Nolan's last tourney game in 2001 when 7th seed Arkansas lost to 10th seed Georgetown.

More importantly, amazingly enough in eight trips with UAB, Mizzou, and Arkansas, Anderson is 6-2 in the first round and was an underdog in the two opening round losses.

Going back to the smaller tourneys, Sutton's teams did show more of a tendency to lose in the early round probably because many of those team's seeding was inflated by the mostly weak SWC and Arkansas was facing tougher competition in the opener.

Anyway what all this suggests is that Arkansas under Anderson will stick to form probably getting by Butler and getting outmuscled by Purdue.

Hollywood_HOGan45

The "no respect" deal for us goes all the way back to the title team.

Corey Beck: "Aint nobody think we would win".

We just about stuck it to everyone last year until the baby blue striped zebras stepped in.

Tons picked Seton Hall last year but that was an 8-9 game. Never know what will go down. Seton Hall had (has) a good squad.

Wofford was a very very popular 5-12 upset pick.

arkansas1994

why doesn't he ever win the million dollars on the bracket challenges if he knows who will win

hogfanny

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on March 12, 2018, 05:03:10 pm
We have a lot of conspiracy folks who think the world is out to get the hogs. 

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me.
Retired Radio Host