Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden Inactive Again

Started by imtad16, November 19, 2017, 07:26:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

imtad16

This is a Bummer. I understand why you wouldn't want to activate 4 backs while Elliot is playing, but it's weird they are just going to 2 backs. I would think they would be open to what he could contribute. I don't hate the Cowboys or anything, but I kind of want to see Morris and Smith get shut down so that DMAC gets 1 last shot in the remainder of Elliot-less games.

imtad16

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 19, 2017, 07:27:38 pm
It appears his day is over.

If JJ thought he could still carry the ball, he'd give it to him.

You are probably right. He was just so solid in 2015. He ran for 1,089 in only 10 starts. It doesn't seem like he should be empty.

Dionysos25

Really sucks he spent all those years on really bad Raiders teams.
"Once again we've hit philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question."

imtad16

Yeah I agree. It is a shame. He would of had rushed for 1,000 yards in three straight seasons had he not gotten nicked up in 2012 and 2013. In 2012, he was cruising to 1,000 yards with 600 plus yards in 7 games and didn't see another game. In 2013, he played in 12 games and had over 700 yards.

3kgthog

Shame it's too late to switch to safety.

sickboy

Quote from: Dionysos25 on November 19, 2017, 08:05:59 pm
Really sucks he spent all those years on really bad Raiders teams.

Had he played behind a real line, he would have been a perennial thousand yard rusher.

hobhog

Rod Smith took his job while injured. He's probably done.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: sickboy on November 19, 2017, 10:25:25 pm
Had he played behind a real line, he would have been a perennial thousand yard rusher.

Wouldn't that be true for most running backs?

moses_007

Well he's gonna have a decent NFL pension when he does decide to hang it up.  I know a guy that spent only 5 years in the league and draws north of $35K a year pension. 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on November 19, 2017, 07:27:38 pm
It appears his day is over.

If JJ thought he could still carry the ball, he'd give it to him.

JJ's a terrible talent evaluator, that's not to say that Mcfadden would do well, but I wouldn't take JJ's opinion for anything on NFL talent.

moses_007

Quote from: GlassofSwine on November 19, 2017, 10:42:21 pm
JJ's a terrible talent evaluator, that's not to say that Mcfadden would do well, but I wouldn't take JJ's opinion for anything on NFL talent.
Yes he isn't, and the Cowboys havent even sniffed the Super Bowl since Jerry''s palace in Arlington was built. 

sickboy

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 19, 2017, 10:28:10 pm
Wouldn't that be true for most running backs?

No. Most running backs don't run a 4.3 forty. There are plenty of running backs with great offensive lines that struggle to rush for 1K yards. They're usually bruisers like Jonathan Stewart or LaGarrrette Blount. Had McFadden been given some holes, he had the break away speed to rack up yards.

Dallas kinda just tanked him though. He had 1K yards rushing and then they proceeded to hand him the ball a couple dozen times in 2016. They invested in Zeke, so I don't blame them with how talented he is, and I guess they see Albert Morris as more serviceable. Which is weird, because even in the few carries he had in 2016, he averaged more yards per than Morris. And Morris hasn't had a 1K yard season since 2014, where McFadden had one year before last.

It just feels like McFadden has some juice, but nobody wants to squeeze.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: imtad16 on November 19, 2017, 07:35:48 pm
You are probably right. He was just so solid in 2015. He ran for 1,089 in only 10 starts. It doesn't seem like he should be empty.

Well, he did play in all 16 games that year.  But I get your point...dude had a good year.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber