Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

well, I know we all have different ways of rooting our Hogs on, but I do believe that we all want one common thing and that is for our Hogs to win with class and lose with class....this group of young razorback baseball players did both....couldn't be more proud of them
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 19, 2009, 07:05:37 pm
Not sure what I'll do with myself until football season.....I rarely post on the other forums........headed back to work in Tulsa next week anyway...will visit with all you folks somewhere down the road.....

Suggestion for ya, visit the Dickson Street Tavern. There's always something over there that will gain your interest. If thin skinned, forget what I just said. Thanks again.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

b0sc0b

Congratulations to the baseball Hogs.  Great showing.  Thanks for the effort you gave on behalf of a great program.  WPS
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

bfosh

Thanks for the PBP....Great run hogs....It was fun to watch

Nuttsuks

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 19, 2009, 07:11:11 pm
well, I know we all have different ways of rooting our Hogs on, but I do believe that we all want one common thing and that is for our Hogs to win with class and lose with class....this group of young razorback baseball players did both....couldn't be more proud of them
AMEN!  Nothing but love for these guys! Battled it out til the end. Can't wait for next season!

PoconoHog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on June 19, 2009, 07:11:20 pm
Suggestion for ya, visit the Dickson Street Tavern. There's always something over there that will gain your interest. If thin skinned, forget what I just said. Thanks again.
I'm not thin skinned at all.....thats why I made the remark "thanking" the unknown person(s) for the "smites"......was just baiting them...ended up with 5 smites...they gotta do better than that.....
"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." 
Never one to mince words, "We're surrounded," he said in battle. "That simplifies the problem."  Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Hogjammin

Great run, this team was a breath of fresh air during an otherwise down year for razorback athletics.  Now let's focus on getting a BCS berth in 2010!

PorcineSublime

Congrats to the Hogs for a great year. Thanks to Pocono and Rub, and all the others who added to this forum. Only 8 months or so till the '10 season.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

BSEE78

Quote from: PoconoHog on June 19, 2009, 07:20:41 pm
I'm not thin skinned at all.....thats why I made the remark "thanking" the unknown person(s) for the "smites"......was just baiting them...ended up with 5 smites...they gotta do better than that.....

Thanks for the PBP, know how hard that is.

And, thanks to DVH & his staff.  Far too often his job is thankless too.

Mostly though, thanks to all the Razorbacks for giving us a great show and for the memories to last the years and the dreams to inspire the young ones.

HoopS

Rockhawg

Thanks for a memorable season to the Hogs and all those who did pbp this year. Maybe someday we will be Big Time enough to have a radio station that will be able to carry the whole game. This has been my all time favorite team to follow. Hope we can get some big time arms to come in and continue what we have going. Thanks Pocono, Rub and Tuck, yall are first class all the way.

hog.goblin

All and all, we played better and went farther than we should have.  No big time stars on this team but a bunch of no quitters.  Ihope we can become a better hitting team.  When we do, we'll be tough to beat.  Wait till next year.  I never once believed we could go this far this year until we did. I don't wish to be negative but most of our team needs some serious instruction in batting: stance, plate approach, thought process, game situation, attitude, etc..

RazrRila99

Great season Diamond Hogs!!  Thank you for the memories, cardiac moments, and joys.  I havent been this excited about baseball for a long time. 

WOOOO PIG SOOOOOIE!!!!!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Boardon Hamsay

A great season, exciting post season run, and a monster thread that made "watching" the games with my fellow Hogville brethren and sisthren all the more enjoyable!  Go HOGS!!!!!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

UltimateHog

Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

RazorWire™

I just have one question.

How long til Baseball season starts ?

GZ on a great season ! TYVM Diamond HOGS !!!

mdrzrbck

Being able to watch Hog Baseball for the last two weeks here in Baltimore was incredible!!  Played there F$%^ing hearts out and I'm so proud we never gave up. If we have some depth at pitching with these guys we go all the way!!! Congrats LSU Beat TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AUSTXHOG

Awesome job hogs.  True definition of a team.  Very proud as a fan.

chiefsfan

For anyone that gets bored in the next few days.  go back and read this thread from the beginning  (starting with the washington state game 3 weeks ago)   the attitude change between people then and now is funny
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dman

rogersvillemohog

Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

ncnd

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 19, 2009, 06:55:06 pm
I love our team and hate everything LSU. I can't wait until football season for our 3rd straight win against The Hat.
Quote from: NolanForAD on June 19, 2009, 07:26:33 pm
You got that RIGHT!   After 2010, we won't have a player that remembers losing to LSU.

Actually I think it would be 2011. Than it would be 4 straight wins against LSU and the Seniors will have left without winning one against Arkansas. However, we haven't won our 3rd against them yet and even if we do we'll still be 3-4 against them in the last 7 years. That's actually pretty good.
However, if we win 4 straight against them that's a raw deal for us. That means Miles is getting the axe and they will choose a new up incomer with NFL experience for their coach. LSU being dominant again does not look good for Us.

ncnd

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 29, 2009, 01:03:06 pm
11 straight NCAA appearences for DVH.  8 straight for Arkansas Baseball

I think the streak of 8 straight was broken a year before this or the year before last
I'm not sure I could be wrong

chiefsfan

Quote from: ncnd on June 20, 2009, 04:51:22 pm
I think the streak of 8 straight was broken a year before this or the year before last
I'm not sure I could be wrong

If that was true DVH wouldnt have 11 straight appearences

We've been in the NCAA"s every year since DVH got here, and the final year of the DeBryin era
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Earl

PigWig

Maybe we should resurrect this thread for all of our nonconference games next season.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ncnd on June 20, 2009, 04:51:22 pm
I think the streak of 8 straight was broken a year before this or the year before last I'm not sure I could be wrong

Nope, wasn't broken, last year we went out to Stanford and went 0 - 2.  In 2007 &  2006 we hosted a Regional.  I have purged the TX debacles from my 2005 & 2003 memories.  CWS in 2004.

That's the 7 under DVH.

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 20, 2009, 05:01:26 pm
If that was true DVH wouldnt have 11 straight appearences

We've been in the NCAA"s every year since DVH got here, and the final year of the DeBryin era

So you are correct, 11 straight for DVH and 8 straight for the Hogs

rzrbackrob

Good is the enemy of great

Hogtropolis™

Not really meaning to bring this thread back up, but we had a great year last year and the CWS run was surprising and amazing.

The reason I am posting though is so that if anyone would like to read back through all the game threads found in this thread after it falls off the first page again, a link to it can be found in the Diamond Hog Dugout thread which can be found stickied at the top of this forum now.

Hogbody

man, i forgot how much I loved this thread

<<<<<< I still have my pic up

clarksville hog

can't wait til the coming season starts, feeling another trip to Omaha

razorbackfan86

This was the best thread EVER!!

Here's to another great year fellas

Chief_Osceola

Hopefully we'll see you in Omaha and not in another Super Regional.

RazrRila99

If the Razorbacks go or even not, Im heading to Omaha.  The last year for Rosenblatt. 

This is a GREAT thread. 

Ray Piggers

Omaha was amazing last year. All the different fans are a blast!

Dont know how many random beer bongs I took from opposing fans. Simply amazing.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

What a year. I will NEVER forget this trip to Omaha for our Hogs.

Here's to another good year.
ched come back pls

Triple T

After the CSF game, my face looked like a bright red cherry, but damnit it was worth it. I'm so estatic for this year.

PigWig

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Rocky Mountain Living

The Blatt has seen its last game....they are moving to the new stadium for this year's series.

I still think about my time last year at the CWS!  So much fun.  D Hawg is right...it was so awesome to meet and party (and it was SEC football tailgate style partying) with everyone last year. 

jacobp

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Kilgor

Quote from: Brad Ward on May 07, 2010, 11:24:43 am
The Blatt has seen its last game....they are moving to the new stadium for this year's series.

Falsehood. 
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

HoopS

hawgtahm

I was there for the CSF game last year, hope to see the Hogs this year in the last at 'blatt, and in the first at the new stadium, and many more beyond

PigWig

In the interest of consistency, and because I am very superstitous, I will be bumping this thread every gameday until our next loss.

Bump!

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: PigWig on May 07, 2010, 09:22:46 am
Let's see if we can get some luck going with a bump.
Bumped for the Ole Miss series and not since. Didn't sweep OM but got the series win...What the heck, maybe there's still some good Juju in here. We need the Vandy series.