Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Bret

Started by DoubleReedHawgCaller, November 16, 2017, 02:27:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Does Bret get fired Saturday if the hogs get blown out?

Yes
No
Frito pie

DoubleReedHawgCaller

What's hogville's opinion?
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

SDZ_Hog

everyone is getting Frito pie at halftime and lobster for dinner. 

phadedhawg

I was certain Bret would be fired and Jeff would remain.  Now that Jeff is gone I'm starting to wonder if they are working on a way of keeping Bret. 

I was 99% sure Bret would be leaving.  Now I'm 60% certain he is gone. 

phadedhawg

Quote from: SDZ_Hog on November 16, 2017, 02:29:53 pm
everyone is getting Frito pie at halftime and lobster for dinner. 

I'm game!

SDZ_Hog

November 16, 2017, 02:32:57 pm #5 Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:47:20 pm by SDZ_Hog
Quote from: phadedhawg on November 16, 2017, 02:31:19 pm
I was certain Bret would be fired and Jeff would remain.  Now that Jeff is gone I'm starting to wonder if they are working on a way of keeping Bret. 

I was 99% sure Bret would be leaving.  Now I'm 60% certain he is gone.
I'm 100% sure of getting fired but not on Saturday. 

STLhawg

STLhawg

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 16, 2017, 02:31:19 pm
Now that Jeff is gone I'm starting to wonder if they are working on a way of keeping Bret. 
Surely you aren't serious?  When was the last time a school fired an AD because the football program wasn't winning enough AND retained the (loser) head coach?

IronMountainHog

You need to add get fatter... If that's the case, I'm going with yes.

corpitguy

I think we wait till the end of the season. We need a new AD to head the search committee. You get nothing by firing him Sunday morning without an AD in place.

DeltaBoy

If we get beat bad enough he is gone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsenburg

greenEGnHAWGS

I think that the PTB see that the main problem is already gone and they let CBB finish out the season.

JMO though
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Coach Obvious

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Coach Obvious on November 16, 2017, 03:20:09 pm
He's already fired.

I am thinking the same thing. And he was told Shut up , Coach and you can get your money. If not you leave only with what you been paid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Next1_04

Question is- Who fires him?

hogsanity

I think he is "officially" let go after the Mizzu game, because that is the time of year most coaches get let go.

I think it is highly possible he already knows he will not be retained, but chose to finish out the year because he truly loves the kids on the team and wants to try to win these games.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

NoogaHog

I think he will be fired after the Mizzou game. There really is no reason to fire him before then. There is really no reason to "get to the front of the line" for a coach. All of the programs that are going to fire their coach (or have already done so) have been talking to representatives for weeks. There is no way that the UA doesn't already have their list and have already been negotiating for weeks now. They already probably have a good idea who is going to say yes when they pull the trigger.
There is already a job opening even if CBB is still keeping the seat warm.

So let the man finish the season and be patient. (JMHO)
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NoogaHog

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 16, 2017, 03:28:04 pm

No question. We have an acting AD. She hasn't been asleep this whole time. She is in charge for the time being.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 16, 2017, 03:28:04 pm
On a very special live showing of THE LIVING DEAD, JFB stops spinning in his grave and is propelled upward onto the ground, in gray suit and red tie and makes his way to Bret's office. JFB then bust the door down and tells Bret to not let Bielema's considerable ass to hit the door on the way out. Oh, and take these stinkin' flip flops with you.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

31to6

Quote from: Wildhog on November 16, 2017, 02:27:21 pm
Definitely frito pie.
With lots of beer.

And more Fritos.
And chili.
And cheese.

And maybe a few tears.