Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brad Teague Comes With Credentials and Strong In-State Ties

Started by BigBrandonAllenFan, November 16, 2017, 10:36:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBrandonAllenFan

Winning National AD of the year is no little deal.  Brad Teague is no doubt a successful guy.  The former NASCAR driver is said to be very popular among peers. 

Teague is right here in our backyard.  Why wouldn't you want Teague?

http://katv.com/sports/content/ucas-teague-named-national-athletics-director-of-the-year

QuoteUCA's Teague named National Athletics Director of the Year:   CONWAY (KATV) —
Dr. Brad Teague has been named a 2015-2016 Athletic Director of the Year by the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA).
The University of Central Arkansas AD is one of 28 from seven divisions (NCAA FBS, FCS, Division II, III, NAIA and Junior/Community College) to be recognized. He was joined at the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) level by Thorr Bjorn of the University of Rhode Island, Dave Blank from Elon University and Bill Chaves from Eastern Washington.

"We all congratulate Dr. Brad Teague on this prestigious national honor," UCA President Tom Courtway said in a statement. "He has done a remarkable job at UCA leading our athletic department and has also worked on many campus-wide initiatives. These activities, combined with his work in our conference and nationally, establish very clearly that he is most deserving of this award."

Teague was named UCA Athletics Director in 2007, the school's first of a four-year transition from Division II to Division I. In addition to ensuring a smooth reclassification, he oversaw numerous facility upgrades and strengthened fundraising.
"I'm honored that my colleagues nominated and our association selected me this year," said Teague. "But it's truly more about this great institution the University of Central Arkansas than it is about me."

The winners of the Athletic Director of the Year (ADOY) awards will be honored during a luncheon on Wednesday, June 15 at NACDA's 51st Annual Convention at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas.

Seebs

Wait - a name with actual credentials that does not have to mop up Tommy Smith's shame sweat and vomit after each morning's show?

This is how you throw out a name folks.  I mean, I know this candidate is not an associate HR director for Home Depot or used to run Pimp and Ho balls for charity .. but come on.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Ironhawg

Would Arkansas hire an AD away from an in-state school?

247Hog

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 16, 2017, 10:52:38 am

If they want someone and can get them, UA will hire away from anywhere outside of North Korea.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogT

The contract would have to include a multi year home and home agreement.
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 247Hog on November 16, 2017, 10:57:57 am
If they want someone and can get them, UA will hire away from anywhere outside of North Korea.

Yes we can cause Frank is gone.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

31to6

Would Arkansas hire promote an AD away from an in-state school?
FIFY...

I am guessing that there is a pretty good bump in pay and prestige for going from UCA -> UA. Why would we not want to promote qualified, deserving Arkansans?

I understand not going after a head coach, given all the headaches that causes. But an AD is an administrator. These guys have an average of about 8 years tenure at a school as they build and progress their careers anyway, particularly if they are still climbing the ladder to full AD or going from a lower classification (FCS->FBS->P5).

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: 31to6 on November 16, 2017, 11:17:31 am
FIFY...

I am guessing that there is a pretty good bump in pay and prestige for going from UCA -> UA. Why would we not want to promote qualified, deserving Arkansans?

I understand not going after a head coach, given all the headaches that causes. But an AD is an administrator. These guys have an average of about 8 years tenure at a school as they build and progress their careers anyway, particularly if they are still climbing the ladder to full AD or going from a lower classification (FCS->FBS->P5).

This is my thoughts.

Teague is also a board of directors member at Conway Corp.

buldozer

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 16, 2017, 10:36:27 am
Winning National AD of the year is no little deal.  Brad Teague is no doubt a successful guy.  The former NASCAR driver is said to be very popular among peers. 

Teague is right here in our backyard.  Why wouldn't you want Teague?

http://katv.com/sports/content/ucas-teague-named-national-athletics-director-of-the-year
This guy is from Jackson, MS and has no ties to AR other than he has worked at UCA for a few years.

"Teague came to Central Arkansas following a four-year stint as Director of Athletics at his alma mater of Delta State in Cleveland, Miss., where he spearheaded several large fundraising projects and oversaw a successful program that won the 2005 Gulf South Conference All-Sports Trophy and had 10 of 13 teams in the national rankings during the 2005-06 season. As a student-athlete at DSU, Teague was an All-American pitcher and was awarded the GSC Commissioner's Trophy as the league's top student-athlete in 1992.

Teague began his professional career by serving four years as assistant director of the Delta State Alumni Foundation from '92-'96. He then moved to the University of Mississippi where he served as Assistant to the Athletic Director before taking over as the Associate Director of the Ole Miss Loyalty Foundation in 1998.

A native of Jackson, Miss., Teague received his Bachelor's degree in mathematics from Delta State in 1992, Master's of Education in Administration from DSU in '95 and his Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership from Ole Miss in 2000."

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: buldozer on November 16, 2017, 01:13:46 pm
This guy is from Jackson, MS and has no ties to AR other than he has worked at UCA for a few years.

"Teague came to Central Arkansas following a four-year stint as Director of Athletics at his alma mater of Delta State in Cleveland, Miss., where he spearheaded several large fundraising projects and oversaw a successful program that won the 2005 Gulf South Conference All-Sports Trophy and had 10 of 13 teams in the national rankings during the 2005-06 season. As a student-athlete at DSU, Teague was an All-American pitcher and was awarded the GSC Commissioner's Trophy as the league's top student-athlete in 1992.

Teague began his professional career by serving four years as assistant director of the Delta State Alumni Foundation from '92-'96. He then moved to the University of Mississippi where he served as Assistant to the Athletic Director before taking over as the Associate Director of the Ole Miss Loyalty Foundation in 1998.

A native of Jackson, Miss., Teague received his Bachelor's degree in mathematics from Delta State in 1992, Master's of Education in Administration from DSU in '95 and his Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership from Ole Miss in 2000."

As the write up you posted states, there are a lot of positives with Brad Teague. I am having difficulty finding any negative. 

And i think he has been at UCA for about 9 years.  That is more than a few.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogfan14

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 02:59:44 pm
I'd rather have an AD who has experience working at the D1 level:

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=1

UCA is D1. Assuming you mean FBS.

If Bjork is let go from Ole Miss I could see them going after Teague. Steve Campbell has turned out to be a home run hire for UCA.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 02:59:44 pm
I'd rather have an AD who has experience working at the D1 level:

http://gotigersgo.com/mobile/staff.aspx?staff=1

I think Tom Bowen would be a good choice too.  He seems to have a knack for hiring good football coaches.  Great success at Memphis.  I think Bowen is about 12 years younger than Teague.  Bowen is like 56 and Teague is 69 I think.  The question on Teague would be does he want to make an 8 to 10 year commitment at age 69.

I would be very excited about either one of them.

hogfan14

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 16, 2017, 04:20:37 pm
I think Tom Bowen would be a good choice too.  He seems to have a knack for hiring good football coaches.  Great success at Memphis.  I think Bowen is about 12 years younger than Teague.  Bowen is like 56 and Teague is 69 I think.  The question on Teague would be does he want to make an 8 to 10 year commitment at age 69.

I would be very excited about either one of them.

Teague is 45

GoHogs1091

Teague does a very good job of hiring Head Coaches.

Really, only 1 good Head Coach has been hired at the UofA since Ken Hatfield left, and that 1 good Head Coach is Dave Van Horn.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Look at the program he built. May not be a bad idea to look at the guy.

Wooderson

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on November 16, 2017, 10:40:34 pm
Teague does a very good job of hiring Head Coaches.

Really, only 1 good Head Coach has been hired at the UofA since Ken Hatfield left, and that 1 good Head Coach is Dave Van Horn.

???? Mike Anderson????
Give me liberty, or give me death!

NaturalStateReb

They're not going to hire Teague, but they could certainly do worse than Teague.  He's got some SEC experience and he's a good fundraiser.  He was first runner-up when Ole Miss hired Ross Bjork.  Teague has really done a fantastic job at UCA.

The downside is that Teague doesn't have any Razorback connections.  He's originally from Mississippi.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

BigBrandonAllenFan

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 17, 2017, 08:30:10 am
They're not going to hire Teague, but they could certainly do worse than Teague.  He's got some SEC experience and he's a good fundraiser.  He was first runner-up when Ole Miss hired Ross Bjork.  Teague has really done a fantastic job at UCA.

The downside is that Teague doesn't have any Razorback connections.  He's originally from Mississippi.

But he does have in-state connections within the communities.  UCA probably gets 60% or more of their athletes from in-state schools.  It would not take him long to build other needed ties.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Given Teague was reported to be runner up at Ole Miss for the AD when they hired Bjork definitely says Teague is looking to advance to a power conference.  I would think his application is definitely on someone's desk at the U of A.

BigBrandonAllenFan

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on November 17, 2017, 09:19:39 am
So you are saying not a chance at all?

Probably not.  I think they're looking for a Razorback guy.  I think the job is open right now because of optics and fence-mending more than performance.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

BearsBisonsBoars

Biggest disadvantage is that we tend to shy away from stealing smaller in state talent. But I'd be for it otherwise.

Called this several days ago, in fact.

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 15, 2017, 10:01:20 am
It will never happen for a multitude of reasons, but Brad Teague seems to have done a pretty good job at UCA.

(And the anger this would cause in Conway would keep me warm all winter long)

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 17, 2017, 09:34:31 am
Probably not.  I think they're looking for a Razorback guy.  I think the job is open right now because of optics and fence-mending more than performance.

Don't think you necessarily need a Razorback guy for this. Just someone who is willing to learn and then tread softly for a while.

goneal

Quote from: hogfan14 on November 16, 2017, 03:57:48 pm
UCA is D1. Assuming you mean FBS.

If Bjork is let go from Ole Miss I could see them going after Teague. Steve Campbell has turned out to be a home run hire for UCA.

He was a finalist for the Ole Miss job, but not selected.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.