Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caller on TSWNN...

Started by Pork Ranger, November 16, 2017, 08:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Ranger

Suggested that every time a Razorback touchdown is scored the crowd yells "Oh My!" in honor of the legendary Paul Eels. I think that would be an awesome tribute and hope the university would consider it

(notOM)Rebel123

Hearing that once a game would be cool.  ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

RebelW

Heard him say that too! Great idea!

Thunderhog Jr

I like that idea, but I'm old and remember Paul,  you are bound to be told how dumb it is by the young-uns.................
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on November 16, 2017, 08:12:08 am
I like that idea, but I'm old and remember Paul,  you are bound to be told how dumb it is by the young-uns.................

I really think it would add to the fan experience and create a buzz in the crowd. If we were scoring touchdowns of course

Ray_Finkle

Might hear it more often if we do it for every punt

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

A while back, someone suggested that every time a touchdown is scored, paul eels "TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS" is played in the stadium and fans follow it with "OH MY"
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 08:18:12 am
I really think it would add to the fan experience and create a buzz in the crowd. If we were scoring touchdowns of course
Jeff Long didn't really do anything to add to the fan experience, nor do I think he really cared to. His priority was always the big dollar donor as shown by all of the donors and boosters that were "honored" during timeouts.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

SquidBilly

We can't get woo pig sooie right anymore?  Why add another cheer that would be messed up?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Thunderhog Jr on November 16, 2017, 08:12:08 am

Still Miss Paul! He was Legendary.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BadHog

Touch down Arkansas, Oh My!

But I'd love to get rid of the "it's another Arkansas first down". UGH so sick of that!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

razorcash2

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 16, 2017, 08:32:32 am
A while back, someone suggested that every time a touchdown is scored, paul eels "TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS" is played in the stadium and fans follow it with "OH MY"
...now that's a good idea.

razorcash2

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 16, 2017, 08:34:40 am
Jeff Long didn't really do anything to add to the fan experience, nor do I think he really cared to. His priority was always the big dollar donor as shown by all of the donors and boosters that were "honored" during timeouts.
Does Jeff Long even know who Paul Eels was?

razorcash2

Quote from: BadHog on November 16, 2017, 09:04:59 am
Touch down Arkansas, Oh My!

But I’d love to get rid of the “it’s another Arkansas first down”. UGH so sick of that!
Did Craig O'Neal start that back around 1998?

Pork Ranger

That would be pretty cool and relatively easy to get going. Make it happen new AD!!

Hawginj

hei5manhog

It needs to happen. We don't have anything besides calling the hogs and the stupid first down thing that UCA and who knows how many other schools do..That would be unique and a great tradition with real roots.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Tony Perkis

depressed_fan

His legacy shouldn't be a crowd of 30k or 50k or how ever many is there watching all simultaneously shouting Oh My in his honor. I say Oh my all the time and it has nothing to do with the fact he said it. What a stupid idea.

tbhogfan

That would be so awesome.
Go Hogs!

Pork Ranger

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 16, 2017, 09:38:26 am
His legacy shouldn't be a crowd of 30k or 50k or how ever many is there watching all simultaneously shouting Oh My in his honor. I say Oh my all the time and it has nothing to do with the fact he said it. What a stupid idea.

Well you sound like a real treat to be around

Razorback Pastor

I think THAT would be awesome!

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

The fact that we're discussing something suggested by someone who listens to and calls in to that radio show makes me weep for the future of mankind...

Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

Thunderhog Jr

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 16, 2017, 09:38:26 am

I told you, there is always 1...........
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Cotton

RIP Paul! The voice of my childhood.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 16, 2017, 08:10:24 am
Hearing that once a game would be cool.  ;)
Aren't you being a little too optimistic there??? ;)

rudebaker

I attended many games back in the early 2000s.  I remember the games being fun and entertaining.  I went to the TCU game earlier this year and was surprised as to how boring the games are now.  Seems like there are endless amounts of people being honored, entirely too many advertisements, the PA guy will absolutely put you to sleep.  Did Paul O'neill do the PA a few years ago?  Seems like it was much more entertaining than just a perfectly pronounced sentence by the current guy.

jgphillips3

Sivad

Quote from: BadHog on November 16, 2017, 09:04:59 am
But I'd love to get rid of the "it's another Arkansas first down". UGH so sick of that!
Agreed

code red

This would be better.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elksnort

That would trivialize the old quote.

Just no.

Hogcore

I'm all for this. Someone make it happen.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: "Pickled" Pig's Pete on November 16, 2017, 09:48:05 am
The fact that we're discussing something suggested by someone who listens to and calls in to that radio show makes me weep for the future of mankind...

The same guy also said we should hire Kevin Kelley as the new coach and that we should only recruit Arkansas kids and not kids from Texas and Florida who don't care as much about the Razorbacks but only come here because we are in the SEC

Pork Ranger

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 16, 2017, 12:09:29 pm
The same guy also said we should hire Kevin Kelley as the new coach and that we should only recruit Arkansas kids and not kids from Texas and Florida who don't care as much about the Razorbacks but only come here because we are in the SEC

Yeah but who cares. It's still an idea worth considering. The others, not so much

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 12:21:51 pm
Yeah but who cares. It's still an idea worth considering. The others, not so much

No I didn't mean it made the other idea a bad one.  I actually thought that one idea was good, the rest of it was just a huge mess.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 16, 2017, 12:25:39 pm
No I didn't mean it made the other idea a bad one.  I actually thought that one idea was good, the rest of it was just a huge mess.

oh ok. It would be interesting to see KK get a collegiate job, just not here.  Maybe ASU will hire him when Blake Anderson moves on

aloha_kid

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on November 16, 2017, 08:09:40 am
Suggested that every time a Razorback touchdown is scored the crowd yells "Oh My!" in honor of the legendary Paul Eels. I think that would be an awesome tribute and hope the university would consider it

That would be an awesome tribute and new tradition. 

bigstyx

Quote from: "Pickled" Pig's Pete on November 16, 2017, 09:48:05 am
THIS, any radio show, but especially THAT radio show..