Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something else is going on here

Started by Martygit, November 15, 2017, 07:05:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Martygit

"Trustee Cliff Gibson of Monticello said he understood that Steinmetz saw a need to change the direction of the Athletic Department.
"Well, the performance particularly of the football team has been deficient, I think would be the correct word," he said. "As [Harry] Truman said, 'The buck stops here.' At the end of the day, if there's someone who failed to do something or who did a less than desirable job, the athletic director should be taking action to correct that. I suspect that Jeff Long thought he did that, and I suspect that Dr. Steinmetz believed that it was ineffective and that it was time for a change."
When asked how Long's firing might affect Bielema's future at UA, Gibson said: "They're intertwined, are they not? Certainly one relates to the other."
Gibson said Wednesday's action was the result of "an accumulation of issues" but that the primary mover was the football season. When asked about other issues, he said, "Let's leave it at what I've told you."
RIP OTR, REV

lasthog

Quote from: LZH on November 16, 2017, 01:00:48 am
Rarely, he just has to approve it. A change order is usually made after construction begins when one or more subcontractors realize the original design does not match up as planned. So they ask for more money for a re-design of their particular part of the project. That is why some architects/engineers are better than others. Change orders (or red-line specs as most are called) are also a damn fine way for a general contractor/subcontractor to make plenty of extra scratch because they have already secured their contract.

Your post makes things more clear than mine.

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2017, 07:43:25 pm
How are there cost over runs when there was a GMP(Guaranteed Maximum Price) from the General contractor?

This is my question.  There is ZERO chance that the University DOES NOT have a GMP on this project.  There is less than zero chance. 

Yes, this project is expensive, but there is a time aspect to this project, too.  The price of building materials will fluctuate during the life span of a long project, most often times with the price going upward.  These events are priced into a building project when a GMP is in place.  If they aren't, then the General Contractor will eat those increased costs when they happen.  That's an inexperienced move that wouldn't happen on a project of this size.

Is there room for unforseen conditions to be found that will lead to a cost increase?  Yes, but not to a level that would be more than 1-1.5% of the total cost of the project.

Any talk of this project being "millions of dollars" over budget is reckless.  Far too many building projects have happened during Long's tenure for this one to be "broken".

hawg IQ

Quote from: sadhogfan on November 15, 2017, 09:55:35 pm
Indeed this take is indicative of the average "hawgIQ".
my post was not written very well, I agree. My points were however, correct according to most fan's viewpoint .
go hogs go !

Rustyhog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 15, 2017, 07:16:43 pm
Either:

1) Jeff refused to fire BB and was let go. (call this the most straightforward option)
2) A certain someone (cough, Gus, cough) really did call and demand a firing before he would come. (call this the "conspiracy theory" option)
3) Jeff clashed with power-brokers that you shouldn't clash with. (call this the Game of Thrones option)
4) Something else unmentioned.

3 & 4 with of 2 being in the background.

woodrow hog call

I kind of have to think there came a question from the BOT, to JL, that was "how much do you know, and how long have known it?"  In regards to some of the things that have been mentioned about CBB, and his situation.

Then the next question would be "when you found out what did you do to intervene? "

I don't think JL would try to lie his way out, and his answer was not acceptable. jmo
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"