Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NIT Final 4 or the seat is officially warm...tick tock tick tock! Yes I am pro-MA btw!

Started by HogFanInBryant, March 13, 2014, 10:25:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

No reason this cannot happen.  None at all.  We have the players...lets just see if we have a coach who can get them to show some resilience so this season is not a complete loss.  If we have an early NIT exit I do not think there is a person in the Natural State who can make anymore valid excuses.  Fire away Hogville!

JONAS

He cannot be fired this year.  Who would want to come in and take over?  That would set the program back.  I do think he needs to change up things.  I think we need bigger and stronger players.  We need to focus on rebounding and stop pressing so much.  By pressing we are committing too many fouls.

popcornhog

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on March 13, 2014, 10:25:49 pm
No reason this cannot happen.  None at all.  We have the players...lets just see if we have a coach who can get them to show some resilience so this season is not a complete loss.  If we have an early NIT exit I do not think there is a person in the Natural State who can make anymore valid excuses.  Fire away Hogville!

I don't really think it heats up unless we miss the NCAAT next year.

But if it were warm now, I don't think any level if NIT success would help.
WPS

panchodeana

We need some new assistant coaches who aren't related to Mike Anderson.

Enough with running the program like a family business!!

Smithian

Quote from: panchodeana on March 13, 2014, 11:03:25 pm
We need some new assistant coaches who aren't related to Mike Anderson.

Enough with running the program like a family business!!
Don't think Watkins or Zimmerman are related to Anderson.

panchodeana

We need to hire some new assistant coaches who aren't related to Mike Anderson.

Enough with trying to run the basketball program like a family business! It ain't working.

Sooie71923

It's up to the players to execute, make shots, get rebounds, play hard, and win games.

We don't have any consistent shooters. We don't have any rebounders. We don't have a championship or final 4 team yet.

We have improved each year. CMA will be here for a long time. Get over it. We have our coach.

Razorhog2006q

Quote from: Sooie71923 on March 14, 2014, 12:15:41 am
It's up to the players to execute, make shots, get rebounds, play hard, and win games.

We don't have any consistent shooters. We don't have any rebounders. We don't have a championship or final 4 team yet.

We have improved each year. CMA will be here for a long time. Get over it. We have our coach.
Who do you think is responsible for bringing in those inconsistent shooters and rebounders? If we don't make the NCAAT next year, Mike must make adjustments to his staff. We are not recruiting well enough.

rhames

How so many forget we were like 2-14 in conference play before mike came in.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GlassofSwine

Dumb, it would be insane to considering firing a coach who has shown improvement for 3 straight years. I would agree that we underacheived this year by a game or two but things won't get better by firing Anderson now. If he has a bad year in year 4 than his seat should be warm in Year 5. Until then, people should be happy we are improving each year instead of getting worse like we did under Pel.

snortman

Quote from: rhames on March 14, 2014, 07:39:28 am
How so many forget we were like 2-14 in conference play before mike came in.

Pelphey was 7-9 his last two years. Agenda Much.

WilsonHog

Other than Kentucky there isn't a job in the country where a coach would be fired for seasons of 18-14, 19-13, and 21-11 (and counting).

His seat will be warm if we don't make the NCAA Tournament next season.

He'll get five years. This has only been three.

dbhog

Don't think we will have the proper attitude to make the NIT final four.  Not even sure we would win at home.  How many fans are going to show up the middle of next week for an NIT home game?  Probably about the same or less than for most of our non-conference games.

ThreeWayInn

I know Watkins is not related, but I thought Zimmerman was MA's brother.

jry04

He has 5 years. That is a fact. He will not be fired if we miss the NCAAT next year.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Sooie71923 on March 14, 2014, 12:15:41 am

THIS JUST IN FROM THE NEWS WIRE.... MIKE ANDERSON IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RECRUITING THE PLAYERS...  With your philosophy why do we need MA or anyone else...
SEC!

3kgthog

We won't be making it next year, either. You don't subtract Clarke and Wade from this team and get better with what we have coming in.

FineAsSwine

Seat is cold as ice. No warming on the horizon until no visible improvement in year 4.

micali

Quote from: snortman on March 14, 2014, 07:55:18 am
Pelphey was 7-9 his last two years. Agenda Much.
Probably no more than the Mike haters on this board.  Mike will get 5yrs to prove himself.  All these posts about seat warming are ridiculous.  MA needs to make changes but that's for him and JL to decide.

hog.goblin

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 14, 2014, 09:57:22 am
We won't be making it next year, either. You don't subtract Clarke and Wade from this team and get better with what we have coming in.

This is my fear as well.  Clarke and Wade were huge during our run.  I'm guessing an average start and a strong finish.  But will it be enough?

MrPeanut41

Firing MA after 3-4 years would be official and complete program suicide.  NO ONE WILL WANT TO COACH HERE if we continually fire coaches 3-4 years in.  Anyone who doesn't understand that is the kind of knee-jerk "fan" that doesn't understand that real life is different from Playstation. 

Locutus_of_Boar

The seat under Mike Anderson is already warm because it's been held by a steady succession of seat-warmers since the last Arkansas basketball coach got himself fired in 2002.

The question now is not how long MA will be sitting there but rather will there be yet another seat-warmer to follow him when he goes or will Arkansas finally fill the vacancy.

jry04

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 14, 2014, 09:57:22 am
Really? The same wade who recorded multiple DNPs in a row? I bet you said the same thing about losing Powell and Young. Really ignorant to suggest a team returning 4 of their top 5 won't be better.

Wade scored double figures 3 times all season, played 20+ minutes just 7 times all season, scored double figures once in the last 10 games, and recorded 3 DNPs. He averaged 15 mpg, and had 14 games where he played less than his average. He gave us solid minutes down the stretch, but it is really foolish to think anyone other than Clarke cannot be replaced. We lost our two best scoters from last year, and they were our only two players in double figures. We lost 3 players who played 16 or more minutes and still got better. This next year we will return our top 3 scorers, and 5 of our top 6 scorers. We will be fine...

The_Iceman

If all games are at home before the Final 4, then there is no excuse not to get there.

The fans also need to show up and support the progress Mike is making, even if they are mad about not being in the NCAA-T.

Bigmac2

Mike is safe for a couple of more years. He just has to stay away from the Harleys and the blondes. If he doesn't make the big dance next year then he will absolutely have to go deep into it the 5th year. As far as the NIT this year, if we stink at Bama and can't take care of SCe on a neutral court I don't think we can go as far as I had previously thought we would.

Dirty

Bigmac2

GuvHog

Since for all purposes, the Hogs are a High seed NIT lock this year, saying he will get fired if the Hogs don't make the Final Four next season is going too far IMHO. Now if they don't make the NCAA Tournament at all next than that's a distinct possibility IMHO.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bigmac2

There is always the "possibility". Unfortunately the alternatives don't look that good as to who we could get. Another mid major up and comer is the only scenario I can foresee. I am sticking with the five year plan regardless if he makes the big dance or not next year. He would have to totally tank for Long to even consider a change. Another 5-10 seed next year for the SEC tourney and all is good. Stay in the middle of the pack and all is good to give yourself a chance with the new 2015 recruits.

forrest city joe

Pure BS. just stop it. Mike is building this program the right way. HE IS NOT GETTING FIRED! so stop it.

moses_007

Well, we lost our last two games in a row to two of the worst teams in the SEC.  Absolutely no excuse for that to happen the way this club was playing during its six straight wins before that.

We're totally out of the NCAA tournament now. 

This was supposed to be the year when Mike got things together for a run at the SEC title.  Didn't happen, and he'd better get it together soon or he'll meet the same fate as the women's basketball coach.