Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any idea on who we will target for Running Back in this class?

Started by Hollywood870, December 12, 2017, 05:49:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

WOOPIGDOOIE

We may not go after one. We have plenty of good young backs on the team already. A new RB may not be high on the needs list this year

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 12, 2017, 06:15:12 pm
We may not go after one. We have plenty of good young backs on the team already. A new RB may not be high on the needs list this year

Agreed

hawginbigd1

Arthur pigby sellers.

We have so many other glaring weaknesses. Also sounds like we redshirted a good one this year.

Uncommon

LRHawg

markrsfan

We are showing interest in Drew Winn. He is currently "Preferred walk-on" due to lack of scholarships. Hopefully with the other running back revoking his commitment we can offer him.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5553135/drew-winn

Joe Adams type runner

Tusk Klownzahn

Quote from: Uncommon on December 12, 2017, 09:21:50 pm
When did only 3 running backs = plenty.  One of which is coming off a lower leg fracture at the middle of the season (Hayden).

1. Whaley
2. Hayden
3. M. Williams
4. Hammonds

In no particular order.

Uncommon

Quote from: Tusk Klownzahn on December 12, 2017, 09:41:50 pm
1. Whaley
2. Hayden
3. M. Williams
4. Hammonds

In no particular order.
Yep.  Forgot to update my position depth chart to reflect that he had gone back to running back from wide receiver.  Shows how apathetic I got.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Uncommon on December 12, 2017, 09:50:01 pm
Yep.  Forgot to update my position depth chart to reflect that he had gone back to running back from wide receiver.  Shows how apathetic I got.

I won't be surprised if Barkley is at RB next year.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: markrsfan on December 12, 2017, 09:40:57 pm
We are showing interest in Drew Winn. He is currently "Preferred walk-on" due to lack of scholarships. Hopefully with the other running back revoking his commitment we can offer him.

Joe Adams type runner
Although a fine player at a small school, I highly doubt he would receive a scholarship to Arkansas. His best offers are Pitt State, UA-Monticello, Ouachita and those type of schools. And he is not a Joe Adams type runner.

Oklahawg

Baylor (?) has a graduate transfer RB. That route has worked for us before.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

markrsfan

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2017, 10:27:01 pm
Although a fine player at a small school, I highly doubt he would receive a scholarship to Arkansas. His best offers are Pitt State, UA-Monticello, Ouachita and those type of schools. And he is not a Joe Adams type runner.

He already has a D1 offer on the table. He already is a preferred walk-on, so they obviously are more than willing to have him, it's just a matter of financial aid for him.

Hollywood870

Joe Adams type runner
Awesome video. Hope they find him a spot.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: LRHawg on December 12, 2017, 09:29:06 pm
Ready to see what Maleek Williams can do.
Maleek is one of those big TBs that Beliema liked but I am not sure where you fit him in at TB.  Maybe he moves to a new position.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on December 12, 2017, 08:59:51 pm
We have so many other glaring weaknesses. Also sounds like we redshirted a good one this year.

Maleek Williams is a stud. Pretty excited about his potential.

The RB crop this year seems pretty down to me.

Maybe a few names to keep an ear open are might be

Baylor commit Craig Williams
Recent TCU de-commit TaZhawn Henry
Katy(TX) Josh Oglesby
Covington (LA) Devin Brumfield
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Joe Adams type runner

WoW!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

010HogFan

Joe Adams type runner

good looking back

Snout team

Considering they were not recruiting Gibson it appears they either are not going to sign one this year or they have someone identified that they feel very good about.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

greenie

I'm wonder if CCM will go after TaMerik Williams, a current SMU commit.  It's late in the game for top-end talent, so IMHO, if we can't get a stud, roll the dice on another DL.  We've got 4 pretty good RBs already in the fold.

https://247sports.com/player/tamerik-williams-46036158

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: greenie on December 13, 2017, 09:16:09 am
I'm wonder if CCM will go after TaMerik Williams, a current SMU commit.  It's late in the game for top-end talent, so IMHO, if we can't get a stud, roll the dice on another DL.  We've got 4 pretty good RBs already in the fold.

https://247sports.com/player/tamerik-williams-46036158
i think it's been said that we wont be poaching anymore Ponies.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

#1 STUNNA

Winn is a very good high school running back. But not an SEC type player. If im looking for a diamond in the rough player im going to Robinson high school and doing whatever it takes to get Caezer Warren to the hill.

Hog Waller

With 4 on the roster, I would be fine with focusing on other areas, and only take another RB if we can't find suitable recruits for any of the areas of more critical need.

Hollywood870

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 09:52:43 am
Winn is a very good high school running back. But not an SEC type player. If im looking for a diamond in the rough player im going to Robinson high school and doing whatever it takes to get Caezer Warren to the hill.
Warren does look good. http://www.hudl.com/profile/6632405/caezar-warren-e

RazorNick

Joe Adams type runner

That dude either has break neck break away speed or all others in that video are slow as snails!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 13, 2017, 08:52:57 am
WoW!

Simmer down.  He's playing against severely limited competition.

He'd be a nice back for a DII school, a preferred walkon spot is perfect for him at this point. Hope he can work himself into some playing time

Wooderson

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 13, 2017, 02:10:55 pm
top 3 player in 4a football this year

Kid looks fast, but has an intriguing running position.  He stands straight up with little upper body movement.  Just looks different.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

markrsfan

Quote from: RazorNick on December 13, 2017, 01:54:38 pm
That dude either has break neck break away speed or all others in that video are slow as snails!

Ran a 4.47 laser. He just outruns angles and can stop on a dime and shift direction. Has extremely good vision and game sense as well

markrsfan

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 13, 2017, 02:07:02 pm
Simmer down.  He's playing against severely limited competition.

He'd be a nice back for a DII school, a preferred walkon spot is perfect for him at this point. Hope he can work himself into some playing time

With his speed and ability to cut, it doesn't matter who he is against? I believe he hung like 255 on 11 rushing attempts against a 7A school.

Treylon Burks in the 4A as well, so he must be playing against severely limited competition, right? Treylon Burks runs a lightning 4.47 40 yard dash. Drew Winn only runs a measly, oh wait, 4.47 too. Stop trying to discredit the kid. Drew can also bench 30 pounds more.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

sorry but Kid's gonna have to prove it.  3A/4A competition in NWA is far inferior than Warren's conference. The only schools up here that have put out any players that go to the next level are Prairie Grove and Farmington and they cap out the Arkansas Tech/OBU level.

Kids from Warren have NFL level athleticism and talent.

Winn's a nice player no doubt to it, but SEC scholarship athlete level, not quite.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 12, 2017, 09:53:34 pm
I won't be surprised if Barkley is at RB next year.

I think he could be a great slot receiver that kid is off the charts athletic and he can catch the ball..He might have the biggest impact of any of the returners.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

thebignasty

Joe Adams type runner

oh holy darn its Kane Whitehurst

deedster84

Quote from: Wooderson on December 13, 2017, 03:54:03 pm
Kid looks fast, but has an intriguing running position.  He stands straight up with little upper body movement.  Just looks different.

Ever watch Eric Dickerson run?

IronMountainHog

Quote from: markrsfan on December 13, 2017, 06:35:37 pm
With his speed and ability to cut, it doesn't matter who he is against? I believe he hung like 255 on 11 rushing attempts against a 7A school.

Treylon Burks in the 4A as well, so he must be playing against severely limited competition, right? Treylon Burks runs a lightning 4.47 40 yard dash. Drew Winn only runs a measly, oh wait, 4.47 too. Stop trying to discredit the kid. Drew can also bench 30 pounds more.
And you are related to him how? Who was the 7A school he did that against? I looked at their schedule for the last 3 years and I didn't see a 7A team on their schedule.

HogFoo

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 12, 2017, 06:15:12 pm
i agree with this.  dont think we'll go after one this round since Gibson left.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

markrsfan

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 13, 2017, 10:24:47 pm
And you are related to him how? Who was the 7A school he did that against? I looked at their schedule for the last 3 years and I didn't see a 7A team on their schedule.

My apologies. I had heard it from other people and it was like a game of telephone. I am not related to him at all. It was Siloam Springs, in a 6A vs 4A match-up which was a scrimmage. Either way, I caught a few games in person and this kid is very impressive. He is a super fast, but strong runner. Below is a few plays from his hudl that impressed me.

https://twitter.com/YogaShorts/status/939366505120239616

markrsfan

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 13, 2017, 07:52:51 pm
sorry but Kid's gonna have to prove it.  3A/4A competition in NWA is far inferior than Warren's conference. The only schools up here that have put out any players that go to the next level are Prairie Grove and Farmington and they cap out the Arkansas Tech/OBU level.

Kids from Warren have NFL level athleticism and talent.

Winn's a nice player no doubt to it, but SEC scholarship athlete level, not quite.

The players that come to mind are Chris Gragg and Jarius Wright. Warren is a great program no doubt, however I noticed these players played for Warren and not against Warren. It seems like Warren's opponents aren't NFL Caliber, neither are opponents in NWA. One thing I noticed looking at Warren's NFL caliber alumni, is that Jarius Wright has a 0.05 second edge on the 40 yard time over Winn, but Winn shares this NFL players vertical, and beats this NFL players broad jump by 4 inches.  ???

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: markrsfan on December 13, 2017, 11:19:20 pm
The players that come to mind are Chris Gragg and Jarius Wright. Warren is a great program no doubt, however I noticed these players played for Warren and not against Warren. It seems like Warren's opponents aren't NFL Caliber, neither are opponents in NWA. One thing I noticed looking at Warren's NFL caliber alumni, is that Jarius Wright has a 0.05 second edge on the 40 yard time over Winn, but Winn shares this NFL players vertical, and beats this NFL players broad jump by 4 inches.  ???

Winn could turn out to be the most amazing player.. but as of now i would slow down the comparing of him and kids that had offers from schools all over the country. He wasn't even a top 5-6 player in the state title game last year.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: markrsfan on December 13, 2017, 06:35:37 pm

stop it.. lol.. Burks is a once in a generation player for Arkansas high school football and a top 25 player in the country.

hogsolutely

I think the Winn kid would fit great in this system maybe get him in a slot position.  We want speed he has it great balence as a runner.  But,  I could see him end up at a smaller school destroying records like his Brother did.  Even though I would love to see this kid get a shot.   

hogsolutely

T. Burks from Warren is a game changing player the the Hogs need.  I don't know if anyone noticed, but this kid led everyone in every statistical category in the championship game.  He is a must have.   

Soooie21

Quote from: RazorNick on December 13, 2017, 01:54:38 pm
He doesn't waste any moves...One cut and gone..Poor man's Dickey Morton..

Muskliketusk

In all fairness HCCM don't like to run it that much. Think SMU was in the 80s in rush attempts under him.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

hawgwash

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 14, 2017, 12:03:48 pm
In all fairness HCCM don’t like to run it that much. Think SMU was in the 80s in rush attempts under him.
Actually at SMU about half the plays are runs.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Muskliketusk on December 14, 2017, 12:03:48 pm
In all fairness HCCM don't like to run it that much. Think SMU was in the 80s in rush attempts under him.
Ran it better than we did.