Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hanspard

Started by Rock City Razorback, December 11, 2017, 11:53:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

Not going after this kid to try and get him back on board is a crime and travesty. He's a UA All-American and from one of the biggest schools in Texas, with the lineage, accolades and character to be a stud at the college level. Why on earth would they 'mutually' part ways. I get the kid was bummed about CBB and staff leaving, but I'm sure he would have given CCM a chance at least. Can't understand why they would pass on him... I can understand getting Bishop to flip and targeting him instead of McCallister (who is also a great, versatile player from TX), but still, to not go after Hanspard is insane

SooieGeneris

I'm sure there is a reason, maybe just CM thinking another kid fits the system better.

Maybe his Dad is one of those Little League parents that are the bane of a coach's existence at every level.

Maybe something on his tape he didn't like. To we fans, it seems nuts not to reach out, but BB ignored Bishop and Ferrell for some reason and that seems nuts also.

There is only so much time and so many resources in recruiting, so going after a kid you don't really want for whatever reason, there is just not time for that.

I'm sure Lunney and Bobby Allen have given him the rundown on the current roster and what we need most, maybe they weren't that high on the kid, who knows?

We can't offer scholarships and they can is what it comes down to, time will tell if it was the right decision.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

cardinalandwhite

Clearly we need to fire CCM.  /s
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Bubba's Bruisers

Maybe because we got Bishop?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bjeffersonhog

He's the one that made the decision to decommit before seeing who the new staff was.  CMM just flipped Bishop.  Maybe with a limited # Of scholarships he had to choose between the two. They're both 4* recruits.  So if you had to choose and you feel their talents are similar based on film do you take the home state kid or the kid from Texas who decided to decommit?

rude1

Well if you had gotten hired, you could have kept him. Obviously CCM, either "A" believed he wasn't the player he needed, or "B" he has his eye on what he believes is better.

Pudgepork

We can only trust this staffs judgement and go with it.   The new staff were based much closer to the schools where Hansbard played.   We can be sure the new staff had a better relationship with high school coaches who know those kids well. I don't know why the snag in bringing them back in but at this point sure seems to be one. 

If in 2 yrs Hansbard and the other decommitts turn out to be all Americans and headed for pro ball, then we can question the decisions made now.   Until then, we have to leave it up to what the coaches decide

searkhogfan

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 11, 2017, 11:53:09 am
Not going after this kid to try and get him back on board is a crime and travesty. He's a UA All-American and from one of the biggest schools in Texas, with the lineage, accolades and character to be a stud at the college level. Why on earth would they 'mutually' part ways. I get the kid was bummed about CBB and staff leaving, but I'm sure he would have given CCM a chance at least. Can't understand why they would pass on him... I can understand getting Bishop to flip and targeting him instead of McCallister (who is also a great, versatile player from TX), but still, to not go after Hanspard is insane

Maybe he looked at the fact that he decommitted instead of waiting to see who the next Coach would be...  Kinda shows a "ME" factor about him.

Uncommon

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 11, 2017, 12:13:37 pm
Maybe he looked at the fact that he decommitted instead of waiting to see who the next Coach would be...  Kinda shows a "ME" factor about him.
I don't blame the kid here.  If he's a mid term graduate and wants to take part in Spring ball somewhere, he has to make the decision that is best for him with the early signing period now in place.

And Hanspard seems like a good kid.  Don't think he's too self absorbed like most would be in his position.

redeye

According to his 247 offer list, SMU never offered him, so I'm sure CCM has his reasons.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncommon on December 11, 2017, 12:15:35 pm
I don't blame the kid here.  If he's a mid term graduate and wants to take part in Spring ball somewhere, he has to make the decision that is best for him with the early signing period now in place.

And Hanspard seems like a good kid.  Don't think he's too self absorbed like most would be in his position.

I agree, seems to be a great kid, but Morris didn't offer him at SMU, so it's time to move on.

Sow Lancelot

We assume so but who knows, maybe he didn't give Morris a chance.

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 11, 2017, 12:09:14 pm
He's the one that made the decision to decommit before seeing who the new staff was.  CMM just flipped Bishop.  Maybe with a limited # Of scholarships he had to choose between the two. They're both 4* recruits.  So if you had to choose and you feel their talents are similar based on film do you take the home state kid or the kid from Texas who decided to decommit?
Too much thinking going on in here.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

farmhawg

There must be a reason.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: redeye on December 11, 2017, 12:22:16 pm
According to his 247 offer list, SMU never offered him, so I'm sure CCM has his reasons.
he would know WAY better than HV , too...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

cardinalandwhite

I just watched his highlight video. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but he didn't really jump out at you from an athletic standpoint like a lot of top corners do on video.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

The Hawg Marshal

I hate to lose Hanspard , but we have to have faith that CCM has a plan.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 11, 2017, 01:49:47 pm
I just watched his highlight video. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but he didn't really jump out at you from an athletic standpoint like a lot of top corners do on video.
maybe, just maybe the kid is a 4* b/c of his daddy?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Fan1958

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 01:11:27 pm
he would know WAY better than HV , too...

No effing way the coach knows more than Hogville.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You'r post communicates, to me, that CCM said "Awe Eff it! see ya kid. No sweat off of our noses."...
Have you not paid attention to what he said about building relationships? At best I would have believed that the kid just doesn't want to deal with it right now. There's no saying they won't reach out to him again, or even that they have not.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Bo Mattingly‏
@SportsTalkwBo
6m6 minutes ago
More
Davenport: The only player who's been dropped from the class is CB Byron Hanspard. A red flag for me was that he was in Dallas and SMU (under Chad Morris) didn't offer him.

Like RD said- next.

Oklahawg

SMU didn't offer a kid in the Metro Top 100? They should have an offer to everyone of those 100 players. Hanspard didn't have that offer. Hmm...

What I don't like is it took UA a while to communicate that we might not have a spot for him. That is easy to do in the first 48 hours. Even if it is a GA trying to box up his office, you can have them call and say, "Coach Morris will contact you in 72 hours to discuss your offer."
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

z-pak

What I find insane is people who have never coached Division 1 football in their life (i.e. you) thinking they know more than the coaches. 
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

hillbilly

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 11, 2017, 02:35:25 pm
What I don't like is it took UA a while to communicate that we might not have a spot for him. That is easy to do in the first 48 hours. Even if it is a GA trying to box up his office, you can have them call and say, "Coach Morris will contact you in 72 hours to discuss your offer."
He wasn't committed when Morris was hired. Why would Morris reach out to a player that wasn't committed to Arkansas if he had no interest in trying to recruit him?

Pig in the Pokey

looks like he's committing somewhere today.

greenie

rljjr

Quote from: greenie on December 11, 2017, 03:50:02 pm
https://twitter.com/bjhanspard94/status/940332924553003008

I'm guessing Baylor.  But with 18 yo kids, who knows.

My guess is Nebraska. There's been interest there.

HogFoo

i too wondered why we didnt try to keep this kid, but then i saw someone post about us flipping Bishop, and they both played the same position. Although, i think Bielema and staff were gonna try to move him to LB.  But, if it came down to who do we take, Hanspard, or in state kid,  Bishop, who on video looks better, faster, etc... i'd take the in state kid as well , and not think much about it from that point.  If we are limited in schollies, and had to choose between the two, the choice is clear.  it's kind of funny it doesnt seem like it took too much to flip this kid to the Hogs.  Lunney seemed to know it, or Morris just told Lunney, tell him the top kids in the state that arent committed to the Hogs, and Lunney told him about a kid that was gonna go to another SEC school, and Morris said what????   we cant have that, a homegrown going to play against us????   Which, i totally agree with.  So, by Hanspard.  Him probably decommitting also played into us not wanting him back.   I do still hope that we get Gooden though.  that kid is a monster DL!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Iceman

I trust the coaches judgment on this one.

ballinhog

Gotta have a lot to do with Bishop. Not knocking Hanspard at all bc I really liked him but Bishop is the in-state guy, he's a little bigger and prolly faster. Gotta take him

Muskliketusk

He ain't a part of HCCMs plans. We graduated to the big time and are aiming higher now.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on December 11, 2017, 03:58:35 pm
I do not pretend to know more than the coaches. But...
You sure you don't?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rljjr on December 11, 2017, 03:56:53 pm
solid guess

greenie

Quote from: rljjr on December 11, 2017, 03:56:53 pm

Ahhh, hadn't seen that.  If Neb has interest, I'd chose them over BU...that place still smells a bit.

Anyway, I don't think he's coming to Arkansas.  CCM may be thinking that he wants to save room for one or both of the Moore brothers from TX...both are 4* studs, and one is a DB/Safety, one is a WR.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: rude1 on December 11, 2017, 12:12:26 pm
Well if you had gotten hired, you could have kept him. Obviously CCM, either "A" believed he wasn't the player he needed, or "B" he has his eye on what he believes is better.

or "C" He really was Uncommon and doesn't like CCM... Don't chase after people who don't like you.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

ImHogginIt

Player decommits before a coach is named then gets on twitter after the coach is named to complain about not being contacted. Drama queen ! Next

Hawg Red

Hey, if Coach Morris didn't offer him while he was at SMU, let's just move on. Had to be some kind of reason why. Because obviously he's keenly aware of him. Maybe is character issue or a culture misfit. Just have to trust that the coaches know which players fit their program the best. This is Chad Morris' program now, not Bret Bielema's program. I'd imagine Morris might have some more intel on Hanspard, but that is just an assumption on my part.

Beached

We finally get out from under Bert, and finally bring in a coach networked into the Texas HS football scene like no other (hallelujah), and yet we're gonna start criticizing the guy for not offering a kid from his own backyard?

Let's see:

Bert offered, The Chad hasn't.

Bert dissed Texas HS coaches, Texas HS coaches wanna be like The Chad.

Hmm... think I'll go with The Chad.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 11, 2017, 05:35:55 pm
Player decommits before a coach is named then gets on twitter after the coach is named to complain about not being contacted. Drama queen ! Next

Did you change your screen name for a minute, or does some newby have your avatits..!?

PLAYBOAR

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 11, 2017, 05:35:55 pm

This
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

King Kong

I don't understand. Wish we were back on him.

I like some of the other things this staff has done

LJHOG

Any of you coaches ever consider maybe he didn't get an SMU offer was because CCM knew the kid was headed to a P5 school.

Hawg Red

Quote from: LJHOG on December 11, 2017, 06:25:04 pm
Any of you coaches ever consider maybe he didn't get an SMU offer was because CCM knew the kid was headed to a P5 school.

That might make sense if he has not offered other players who were destined for P5 programs.

hogoffate

Quote from: Beached on December 11, 2017, 05:44:14 pm
We finally get out from under Bert, and finally bring in a coach networked into the Texas HS football scene like no other (hallelujah), and yet we're gonna start criticizing the guy for not offering a kid from his own backyard?

Let's see:

Quote from: Beached on December 11, 2017, 05:44:14 pm

Let's see:

Bert dissed Texas HS coaches, Texas HS coaches wanna be like The Chad.

Texas HS coaches wanna be like The Chad.

when did he do this?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: hogoffate on December 11, 2017, 06:46:01 pm

when did he do this?

At a coaching clinic down there, I believe.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 11, 2017, 12:06:15 pm
Maybe because we got Bishop?

That is what I'm thinking...If you only had 3 scholarship to give at the CB spot.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Oklahawg

Quote from: hillbilly on December 11, 2017, 03:38:31 pm
He wasn't committed when Morris was hired. Why would Morris reach out to a player that wasn't committed to Arkansas if he had no interest in trying to recruit him?

HV wisdom: 4-star recruit + recent decommit = early contact by new coach.

I do get what you are saying.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogoffate

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on December 11, 2017, 07:40:55 pm
At a coaching clinic down there, I believe.
That's not true at all.  I was at clinic.  I heard entire presentation.  He was nothing but complimentary of Tx HS coaches.

searkhogfan

Quote from: hogoffate on December 11, 2017, 08:15:24 pm
That's not true at all.  I was at clinic.  I heard entire presentation.  He was nothing but complimentary of Tx HS coaches.

I don't know where it happened.  I just know it happened.  It was big news at one time

Cure

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 11, 2017, 02:30:06 pm
maybe, just maybe the kid is a 4* b/c of his daddy?
Don't knock the kid's hard work because his dad was successful.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.