Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

John L. Smith out as Head Coach

Started by Rooka, November 24, 2012, 10:16:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

@BobHoltADG: Arkansas AD Jeff Long makes official announcement there will be a coaching change. John L. Smith is out after his interim stint.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205763060

Jason Carroll

DeltaBoy

Praise the Lord a early HB to me Present.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Obi-Hawg Kenobi

TRUST IN THE FORCE!!!  LET IT FLOW ALL THROUGHOUT YOU!!

trippigs

Appropriate timing.....lets look forward!!!

intoxhog

I bet it's still a week or so before we know who the new coach is though.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

CR7

About.....3 months too late. But hey, I'll take it.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

BigSexyHog

Should have happened 7 months ago.  So glad Slappy the clown is out.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Boarcephus

Quote from: intoxhog on November 24, 2012, 10:23:15 am

It could be a lot longer than that depending on who it is.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Tim Harris

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: BallHawger on November 24, 2012, 10:16:31 am
@BobHoltADG: Arkansas AD Jeff Long makes official announcement there will be a coaching change. John L. Smith is out after his interim stint.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205763060

Would you change your title to Fired. That looks better

Inhogswetrust

Nothing would be surprising at this point.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

intoxhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 24, 2012, 10:27:20 am
yep expecilay if it's an NFL guy.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Now we can all SMILE.

:razorback: :razorback:   ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Seebs

I don't like to kick a man when he's down, but I do bury the dead.  I will not be visiting JLS' coaching gravesite. Time to move forward.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DukeOfPork

Well, duh.

DukeOfPork

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

intoxhog

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 24, 2012, 10:40:34 am
Well, duh.
yea but some including BO mattingly are saying its gonna happen by the latest Tuesday. I'm calling bull on that. At least after Dec 1st would be my guess.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: trippigs on November 24, 2012, 10:20:51 am
Appropriate timing.....lets look forward!!!

Indeed.  "My past has not defined me, destroyed me, deterred me, or defeated me; it has only strengthened me."
― Steve Maraboli

littlepig100

USMC-PROUD

josh_sec33

Well, show of hands who wasn't shocked this was coming at some point this week?

Exactly. Now let the true craziness begin.
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Whirlwind

SEC commentators just announced JLS to be retained in consulting capacity!!!WTH

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

Quote from: Whirlwind on November 24, 2012, 11:12:48 am

Contract ends in feb 2013...why pay him a buyout at this point
PanamaHOG
Representing the Razorbacks down in PTY

rude1

No big deal, he is getting paid till Feb., he will be kept around to help the new staff get settled in.

Whirlwind

HadRoastBeef

My guess is that they are going to name the new coach early next week and introduce him to the public at the Syracuse game Friday.

forrest city joe

What a lame statement. how about thanking all the fans to stayed and supported the Hogs , even with the disgrace of a product you put on the field this year? how about thanking the players for giving their all this season for this university? but NO-------------it's all about you and your integrity, right Jeff Long? this man reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart. all ways throwing his morals in people's face and being so self-righteous. as the old saying goes. don't throw stones. what goes around comes around sooner or later. all his self-righteousness, is going to backfire on him one of these days. just ask Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong and many others. they were not who a lot of you thought they were. i have no faith in this fool making a great hire.

MDH

I love the picture they chose to go with this news story on the front page, lmao.

www.hogville.net
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

deshahawg

I'd imagine it will be another month before we hear anything. They say it'll happen before Christmas but I'm not holding my breath.

Wild Bill Hog

MDH

Quote from: deshahawg on November 24, 2012, 11:51:51 am
I'd imagine it will be another month before we hear anything. They say it'll happen before Christmas but I'm not holding my breath.

I've every confidence it will be well before Christmas.  I don't have every confidence that it will be a hire that supports the raise and extension that Long got.  I'd love to eat some crow on the latter though.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2012, 11:29:27 am
What a lame statement. how about thanking all the fans to stayed and supported the Hogs , even with the disgrace of a product you put on the field this year? how about thanking the players for giving their all this season for this university? but NO-------------it's all about you and your integrity, right Jeff Long? this man reminds me of Jimmy Swaggart. all ways throwing his morals in people's face and being so self-righteous. as the old saying goes. don't throw stones. what goes around comes around sooner or later. all his self-righteousness, is going to backfire on him one of these days. just ask Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong and many others. they were not who a lot of you thought they were. i have no faith in this fool making a great hire.

I'm right there with you Joe.

toshortrock

thank goodness,praise d lord,,,,,,wat a long year
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

centarkswine

Bubba's Bruisers

And we are instantly a better football team.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2012, 11:57:31 am
I'm right there with you Joe.
Nobody(not even me) saw 4 and 8, coming. with wins over nobody and getting destroyed by almost every decent team(not Lsu) we played.it's pitiful. instead of being held to account. the PTB at UA, have given this man an extension and a raise.that should tell you these people don't care about having a top 10/ Big time winning program.

ss1000

Quote from: Boarcephus on November 24, 2012, 10:27:20 am

If its not in the next few days, theyre coming from a bowl team.
Its not much of a crime to whack a surly bartender.

I hope your wrong, yes sir captain, me too, but I aint.

TeedupHigh

Who could the HOGS hire at the time of bp's BS?  Name a long term hire who we could have got at the time, just a name will do.....Phil Fulmer?  Would he make you happy?

Quote from: BigSexyHog on November 24, 2012, 10:26:34 am
Should have happened 7 months ago.  So glad Slappy the clown is out.

OptimusHog

Thank you for taking the bullet, Johnelle....I wish you the best.

TeedupHigh

I didn't see 4 & 8 coming either FCJ BUT then again I didn't have a clue what was going on up on the hill either.  Jeff long is so stupid he hired little bobby and Mike Anderson!  We can't catch a break!  Sure hope Mike works out better than bobby the coward petrino did.

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2012, 12:52:59 pm
Nobody(not even me) saw 4 and 8, coming. with wins over nobody and getting destroyed by almost every decent team(not Lsu) we played.it's pitiful. instead of being held to account. the PTB at UA, have given this man an extension and a raise.that should tell you these people don't care about having a top 10/ Big time winning program.

HoggieStyle

Real estate consultant for Jeff Long.

Sas Nakra

Quote from: BallHawger on November 24, 2012, 10:16:31 am

Shocking. I thought he had a chance of remaining HC.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

RazorWorld

"SEC commentators just announced JLS to be retained in consulting capacity!!!WTH"

He will now be the professor of bad PR and buffoonery.

Fan1958

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 24, 2012, 12:52:59 pm

Every time I read something from this guy all I can think about are his calls to DTS with a voice that sounded like his cods were in a vise.

His message board posts are as bad as his talk radio calls.

Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".