Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Homemade tripod

Started by southeasthog, February 07, 2009, 11:21:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

southeasthog

I got tired of having most of my hunting and fishing pics being either in the back of a truck or on a skinning rack. I started taking a camera with me in the field about 15 or so years ago. Some of my buddies threw a fit. "Your going to jinx us!" would be the outcry. I then started carrying a tripod in my truck. If I shot a animal, I would go back to the truck and get it. That is sometimes not feasible. I decided to make a lightweight portable tripod. I bought a 1 inch c-clamp and welded a screw that fits the tripod hole on the camera. After harvesting an animal, I find a stick that I push into the ground and attach the c-clamp to the top with camera screwed on. Instant disposable tripod. It is small enough and lightweight to carry anywhere.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

SEH,  Good stuff.  Thanks for the tip. 
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Justifiable Hogicide

Nice idea.
Thanks for passing it and the pic along southeasthog.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.