Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Arizona State

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 23, 2012, 05:29:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 23, 2012, 07:33:48 pm
We suck. Time to rip the cable out of the wall and call it a year. Arkansas is still Arkansas -- in every sport.

Never fails, does it?

pfrg999

Cant beat the Refs... Its 8 on 5.. and no one can score.. besides BJ.. Horribly played game
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

UltimateHog

Good god we suck, even worse than last year.

BJ Young scores 27 and we're down 12 to a team picked 11th in the PAC 12.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

reddogjcss

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

JonClaudeVanHam

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:34:00 pm
Because they beat a bunch of nobodies and are beating us?

Yes.

This all derives from pre-season expectations, right? Or you do you have wealth of knowledge about Arizona State that I don't?

They were projected 11/12 in the Pac-12 (weaker high-major conference). We were projected 5/12 in the SEC (stronger high-major conference). We had both beat a bunch of nobodies and now they're handling us. Could be that they're better than everyone thought they'd be (that does happen, right?) or it could be that we aren't as good as people thought we'd be. Could be us just not having a good game. Could be a mixture of all of the above. Still pretty early in the season. But I'm seeing a team that isn't all that bad. Certainly doesn't look like a bottom-level Pac-12 team to me.

The Hogfather

And, please, everyone, stop saying stuff like, "we're into their legs" and "we're going to wear them down and kill them in the 2nd half", etc.   That doesn't work anymore.  Too many timeouts.  We will beat a lot of people under Mike Anderson, but it will not be because we physically wear them down in the 1st half of games.

b-ash

40 minutes of mediocrity!  Same crap different year,  our defense full and half court sucks

Blutoblutarsky

Dark time to be a hog fan outside of baseball. Game over

checkraiser88

We have no scorers except for Young....same story as last year....NIT

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

Hog Sammich

Hopefully we can mount a comeback after this timeout.

pfrg999

Embarrassing defense... that was Embarrassing.. Hope they got a good look at the guy driving the lane and dunking.. They all stood around and watched him... This team playing like this is a 10-12 win team...

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 23, 2012, 07:39:00 pm
Yes.

This all derives from pre-season expectations, right? Or you do you have wealth of knowledge about Arizona State that I don't?

They were projected 11/12 in the Pac-12 (weaker high-major conference). We were projected 5/12 in the SEC (stronger high-major conference). We had both beat a bunch of nobodies and now they're handling us. Could be that they're better than everyone thought they'd be (that does happen, right?) or it could be that we aren't as good as people thought we'd be. Could be us just not having a good game. Could be a mixture of all of the above. Still pretty early in the season. But I'm seeing a team that isn't all that bad. Certainly doesn't look like a bottom-level Pac-12 team to me.

I'm watching them play.  They are not a good team.  They are, at best, an average PAC-12 team, which makes them not very good.

ChicoHog

Quote from: b-ash on November 23, 2012, 07:39:27 pm
40 minutes of mediocrity!  Same crap different year,  our defense full and half court sucks
And no one wants to take a charge.  they all want to block shots instead and foul the opponent instead.  Of course we just started the season so I will give them some slack.  I'm just not a fan of phantom defense.  Move your feet and get in front of the opponent. 

pfrg999

These officials have to be paid off.. Hogs need to watch them one how to take a charge.. or at least stand in the way

latrops

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:30:19 pm
Unfortunately, we still aren't good.  This has been ugly.  ASU is not a good team.

Not looking good at all.  Just no scoring whatsoever.  Just ugly basketball.  For a smallish team, we really have to shoot better from the perimeter.

Hollywood_HOGan45

pfrg999

at least Powell stood in the way.. but he need to learn how to stand tall... Game is over..

OzarkRazor

Hog Sammich

I'm a Razorback fan, but that was terrible foul call on that tall girl. 

pfrg999

Hogs outplayed, out hustled, and OVER MATCHED....

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:40:56 pm
I'm watching them play.  They are not a good team.  They are, at best, an average PAC-12 team, which makes them not very good.

You're saying they're not good because you're upset and let down by the Hogs. I bet this team holds their own tomorrow night against Wisconsin/Creighton.

hogman1974

They are just better than us. We lack an identity. They have the whole big man identity. Block shots. Don't allow second chance points. It's working for them.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 23, 2012, 07:50:41 pm
You're saying they're not good because you're upset and let down by the Hogs. I bet this team holds their own tomorrow night against Wisconsin/Creighton.

You're making up darn.  This team beat 2-4 Cornell by 11 and UCA by 15.  They're on track to beat us by worse.  They aren't good and we are even worse.  Make all the [CENSORED] excuses you want.

Hog Sammich

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on November 23, 2012, 07:50:41 pm
No.

pfrg999

Bad Bad Bad Bad Bad ... WOW.. Powell is Scared and is outmatched inside... Madden is.. well cannot score or handle the ball very well.. Bad Day for the Hogs all around

latrops

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:40:56 pm

I'm not seeing anything special from ASU...they are playing OK, but nothing spectacular.  What is bothering me is how rough Arkansas is both offensively and defensively...but in particular how nobody can score.

latrops

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:53:05 pm
You're making up darn.  This team beat 2-4 Cornell by 11 and UCA by 15.  They're on track to beat us by worse.  They aren't good and we are even worse.  Make all the [CENSORED] excuses you want.

I'm hoping that this just turns out to be an off night.  Some nights the shots just don't fall.  That said, you have to be concerned about what we've seen.  This is not going to help at all if Arkansas is a bubble team in four months.

latrops

The scary thing about this is that Arkansas got the game they wanted.  They wanted up tempo, ASU complied, and completely crushed the Hogs in the 2nd half playing Arkansas' style.

The Hogfather

Quote from: latrops on November 23, 2012, 08:05:05 pm
The scary thing about this is that Arkansas got the game they wanted.  They wanted up tempo, ASU complied, and completely crushed the Hogs in the 2nd half playing Arkansas' style.

We just aren't very good right now.  If ASU can do this to us, we're in big trouble for awhile.  We'll get better, but tonight was a rude awakening for me.

outlawhogeywells

I guess after three games you are all ready to cash it in. You guys are pitiful.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

hog.goblin

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 23, 2012, 07:03:08 pm
I absolutely hate the way refs call games now.  Nearly every game is unbearable to watch.  Every little ticky tack touch is called.

Been that way since we won it all in '94