Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anton Beard

Started by PonderinHog, March 09, 2018, 11:25:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Deserves his own thread for his all-around game tonight.

Outstanding effort!

WPS

razorpimp

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 09, 2018, 11:25:46 pm

Outstanding effort!

WPS

I agree he played very controlled tonight! 

porkrindjimmy

Outstanding effort!

WPS

You're damn straight he does.....

PRJ

Ugly Uncle

Tough as nails.  Love that kid.
Retired Radio Host

98hogs

Best he's played all year

SoCalHogFan

He actually did a really good job at not forcing shots and moving the ball around.
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." <br />  Jim Valvano 1993 ESPYs

ShadowHawg

He is directing that matchup zone. Working hard communicating and making a huge mark.

PonderinHog

Had quite a few rebounds, too.

panhandlepig

Outstanding effort!

WPS

Yes sir he does.

rtr

He was making some shots when no one else was, gave the other guys time to get going.  He does a lot of things that help us win that don't show up in the box score.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pig in the Pokey

I had to get in here, too. Kid played GREAT tonight.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

BannerMountainMan

Beard 3-6 Allen 4-11
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Letsroll1200

skinnypig

I just tweeted he was the unsung hero tonight

Scottydog2525

Still underrated by people who don't know much about basketball.  31 minutes and 1 turnover while playing formidable defense and keeping the ball moving on offense.  throw in 10 points, a few rebounds, assists, and his customary tough 50/50 balls.  Had a great defensive rebound today against one of Florida's bigs when they were the only two under the basket.  I get that he isn't a great shooter, sometimes he takes weird shots (usually when the shot clock is late) and that he isn't much of a 1 on 1 player.  But in a 5 player game he provides value and there is a reason he is ALWAYS on the floor late.  High basketball IQ and respectable 4 year Hog.   WP AB. 

ShadowHawg

k.c.hawg

Very happy for AB. Played like his pride was on the line!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

LRHawg

I was excited to see him play smart and make wise decisions with the ball, tonight. If he keeps playing like this we will be dangerous next weekend.

The Hogfather

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 09, 2018, 11:30:38 pm
Beard 3-6 Allen 4-11

Allen shoots 11 times a game to score 11 points.  Way overrated.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Scottydog2525 on March 09, 2018, 11:31:38 pm
Still underrated by people who don't know much about basketball.  31 minutes and 1 turnover while playing formidable defense and keeping the ball moving on offense.  throw in 10 points, a few rebounds, assists, and his customary tough 50/50 balls.  Had a great defensive rebound today against one of Florida's bigs when they were the only two under the basket.  I get that he isn't a great shooter, sometimes he takes weird shots (usually when the shot clock is late) and that he isn't much of a 1 on 1 player.  But in a 5 player game he provides value and there is a reason he is ALWAYS on the floor late.  High basketball IQ and respectable 4 year Hog.   WP AB.

Much better overall than Allen.

lynbug

Many of us (me included) have complained about Beard's plays in the past.  But tonight we had to eat those words and I loved every bite.  We got to give credit where it's due and he gets a lot of it tonight.

BenDial

Beard catches a lot of heck on the message boards. I've always liked him more than most. I think it's because I see more of the swagger and attitude of the Nolan days than anyone else we've had on the roster since MA took over. If the benches ever cleared, the one guy we wouldn't lose money betting on to have their teammates' backs and getting right in the thick of it is Anton Beard.

BossHog12

Anton gets too much flak. He only helps this team. Anyone that sees otherwise doesn't know this team. His fills his role so well every game I think. Hats off to beard and the other guys that don't get all the recognition. Not a 5/6 seed without them. Great season. WPS

sickboy

If we play smart defense, we can play with anyone. Tonight, Anton played some great defense and really played gritty ball. He was awesome.

Biggus Piggus

Nice to see this team find its identity. It took a good all-around game to beat Florida, and Beard was a major part of dealing with the Gators' backcourt.
[CENSORED]!

sigpooie

Boys Club Hero, Anton won..but he really did play one of hit smartest games this year.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

gmarv54

He was great last night,but he has been playing pretty darn good the last several games.We don,t win last night with out him.

hoglady

Glad Anton got that win over Kevaughn - you know he wanted it BAD....

Overall Beard is a good ball player - he catches way too much heat.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bphi11ips

Modern day Corey Beck.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

raz1965

Beard is a plus for the team, glad he finally got a victory over his buddy Allen.

rude1

Really controlled the game on offense and defense. Played the part of the floor leader superbly,noticed guys were looking to get him the ball first to get the offense started, took only shots when needed, and helped get guys in the right spot defensively when we went to the match up zone.

HardCore

Quote from: razorpimp on March 09, 2018, 11:27:03 pm
I agree he played very controlled tonight! 

That's what made the difference.  Not nearly as chaotic as it was against USCe, which provided better looks at outside shots and drive penetration.  Still able to keep confusing on defense.  If he can keep that balance in perspective.......nobody is going to want us in their 16 team bracket next week.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

txkhog

The best Beard has played all year. Hogs wouldn't have won the game without him last night. Great job.

TushCrush

One of my favorite Hogs. He is one tough hombre.

fieldturf

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 10, 2018, 08:02:12 am
Modern day Corey Beck.

Not hardly, more like Eric Ferguson!

Pudgepork

Need another steady game from him today

Leadbelly

Modern day Corey Beck.

Are you freakin kidding? What a joke. AB couldn't carry Corey's jockstrap! Unbelievable!
Don't denigrate Becks Hog career that way!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

txkhog

Quote from: Leadbelly on March 11, 2018, 04:07:45 pm

Are you freakin kidding? What a joke. AB couldn't carry Corey's jockstrap! Unbelievable!

This^^^

The Hogfather

Quote from: Leadbelly on March 11, 2018, 04:07:45 pm

I agree he's no Corey Beck, but at least he's better than Kevaughn Allen.

raz1965

I hope beard can now lead this team to some NCAA tourney victorys, this team has played a tough schedule an faced lots of adversity, should be a tuff out for sure.

alohawg

With the right draw the hogs could be this years south carolina.....could be.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TushCrush

11 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds against Tenner.
Going into the NCAAT Anton is behind only Macon in assists  8)

GO

Modern day Corey Beck.
lol let's not get carried away. Yeah he had a really good game, but not close to Cory Beck status

Hogindasticks

LoL Corey Beck never buried his teal like Anton did yesterday...smh

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Hogindasticks on March 11, 2018, 05:48:57 pm
LoL Corey Beck never buried his team like Anton did yesterday...smh

BannerMountainMan

Anton told his teammates he has a lot of family in Detroit, he said he's going home!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"