Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs Seek 1st Win at Rupp since '94

Started by Mike Irwin, February 26, 2014, 10:54:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Razorback basketball team trainer Dave England was on the bench when the Hogs last won a game at Kentucky's Rupp Arena but several of the current Razorbacks had not yet been born back then.

"Dave likes to talk about it a lot," freshman forward Bobby Portis said with a grin. "After our win on Saturday against Mississippi State Dave told me in the locker room, 'It's been twenty years since we won at Rupp. So if we go in there and pull off a victory it'll be big for our state and for us."

"We aren't on anyone's bubble or anything right now," Portis continued, "so if we go out there and win I think that will be a wake up call for us around the nation."

Arkansas actually has a two-game winning streak going against the Kentucky and holds a 2-1 record over John Calipari's 'Cats during the Mike Anderson era but the head Hog has no illusions about the difference in beating them at home and on the road.
----------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/hogs-seek-1st-win-at-rupp-since-94/30011/xVS5_1vjwEW8X65-9_NdrA

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

rzrbkf4n

WHO IS EXCITED???!? :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 26, 2014, 10:54:44 pm
Razorback basketball team trainer Dave England was on the bench when the Hogs last won a game at Kentucky's Rupp Arena but several of the current Razorbacks had not yet been born back then.

"Dave likes to talk about it a lot," freshman forward Bobby Portis said with a grin. "After our win on Saturday against Mississippi State Dave told me in the locker room, 'It's been twenty years since we won at Rupp. So if we go in there and pull off a victory it'll be big for our state and for us."

"We aren't on anyone's bubble or anything right now," Portis continued, "so if we go out there and win I think that will be a wake up call for us around the nation."

Arkansas actually has a two-game winning streak going against the Kentucky and holds a 2-1 record over John Calipari's 'Cats during the Mike Anderson era but the head Hog has no illusions about the difference in beating them at home and on the road.
----------------
To read more and to view the video version of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/hogs-seek-1st-win-at-rupp-since-94/30011/xVS5_1vjwEW8X65-9_NdrA

Nice work Mike

Overtheroadtruckdriver

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07