Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Louisiana prep defensive back Jerry Mitchell commits to Arkansas

Started by tendu, September 09, 2008, 10:18:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaverfever

I don't really know why we offered this guy if he has no other offers.  It's not like he is going to commit somewhere else.  The coaches must really like him. 

WyomingTiger8888

Alot of it had to do with his Father and brother playing at Penn State.
Quote from: thechamp on September 10, 2008, 10:39:00 pm
the only thing i know about mandeville is that michael mauti was there last year. he signed w/ penn state last year as a linebacker...this is why i was surprised about the issue with his coach not giving his players much press, as it certainly did not affect mauti last year.

Tony Sloprano

The guy was about to be offered by Fla. St. and NC St. He had Sunbelt offers but didn't list them because he had no intention of going there.

Tomhog™

I can guarantee you Petrino was impressed with his film. He doesn't base his offers on how many stars he is, nor the list of offers. We have to trust his eye for talent. Look at the players he landed late last year. Two of the three (Nelson, Thomas) are already seeing a lot of playing time. Until he otherwise shows it, I will trust his judgment.

nahnahrenee

Quote from: thechamp on September 09, 2008, 11:17:08 am
interesting that he got his offer while evacuating in arkansas during gustav. i've never heard of him before today and it looks like yall are the first school to offer him. it will be intriguing to see if he does indeed end up @ safety.

He had several offers including one from Florida State
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

thechamp

you are confusing interest w/ offers. he was getting recruited by FSU and some others, but you guys are his only offer.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Razorod on September 09, 2008, 08:44:18 pm
from what little we can tell, he appears to be a keeper. great work petrino and welcome to the hogs mr. mitchell.

man, talk about a guy flying under the radar though. It's as if he never existed until this fall. When you're a D-I commitment and you aren't even on Dandy Don's list of 141 La. recruits, you are invisible.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson