Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Trade Deadline Thread

Started by ucahogfan, July 30, 2014, 10:46:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gutshot

Quote from: ucahogfan on July 31, 2014, 03:50:05 pm
My Trade Deadline Losers
Tampa Bay Rays - You trade away 1.5 years of David Price for what?  Drew Smyly who is a #3 type starter at best right now.  Nick Franklin who couldn't break into the Mariners lineup at SS.  A young SS prospect from the Tigers who isn't a top 100 prospect.  That is a horrible return for a player like Price when considering what other teams got for their top pitchers.

This reminds me of a few Braves trades in the past where the younger, unknown player could actually be the prize of the deal.  Neftali Feliz and Arodys Vizcaino were examples before injuries wrecked them both.  I think Brandon Drury will be that guy for the DBacks in the Upton/Prado trade.  I hope, for the Rays sake, that this is the case with Adames. 

ucahogfan

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: ucahogfan on August 06, 2014, 05:43:50 pm
The Yankees tried to get both Lester and Price, but they were the only team who couldn't get them:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/yankees-blacklisted-in-trade-talks-for-aces-david-price--jon-lester-192616217.html

Yeah, the Red Sox reportedly didn't want to send Lester to any team that could/would sign him to a long-term extension. They want to bring him back next season.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ucahogfan

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 07, 2014, 02:07:53 pm
Yeah, the Red Sox reportedly didn't want to send Lester to any team that could/would sign him to a long-term extension. They want to bring him back next season.
Yeah, and Lester stands to make a lot of money this offseason since there won't be draft pick compensation tied to him.  It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a deal along the lines of King Felix, Verlander, and Tanaka.

The two other big names pitchers on the FA market this offseason will be Max Scherzer and James Shields and both will have draft pick compensation tied to them.  I think I saw that Scherzer turned down something like 6/144 from the Tigers which means he is looking for a Verlander type deal in the 7/170 range.  Shields will probably get a 9 figure deal as well with the current FA market.

TomasPistola

Pitchers   IP    H    R   ER   BB   SO   HR   PC-ST   ERA
J Masterson
(L, 1-1)   2.0   7   5   5   3   2   2   61-33   11.25

Horrible game tonight. Just horrible.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

ChicoHog

Dodgers pick up Kevin Correia today from the Twins for a player to be named later and/or cash.  Helps solidify the long relief and can spot start.  Josh Beckett goes on the DL and may be gone for the season.  Had a great first couple of months but has struggled since then with a hip injury. 

lefty08

Looks like the cubs picked up jacob turner as well, love what the new guys are doing with the farm.  Im hearing thebcubs will be big players in both price and lester and may sign both
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ChicoHog

Cubs have pretty good farm prospects on the horizon from what I have heard and read. Looking to become contenders in the next few years.